• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Im surprised nobody complained about zss fsmash yet.
and a normal grab for zss is actually a pretty good idea.
Her Ftrash is being revamped.

Normal grab is sounding very interesting; we'll have to experiment.

i think removing the armor pieces completely would be beter and could help reduce the filesize.
Since like three people have mentioned this so far: ZSS' armor has already been completely removed on her entry animations and will not be coming back.

any discussions about letting zss transform back to samus just like sheik/zelda?
No, but that's an interesting possibility. I don't know how viable it is though with our limited knowledge of transformations.

OrlyMelee

Smash Cadet
well i did something like that sometime ago.
the final smash psa command that lets her transform back i pasted on zss uptaunt and zss transformed back to samus when i pressed the uptaunt it was pretty buggy though sometimes it just did a normal uptaunt.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
The problem with that is her transformation back into Samus hurts really bad. I guess they could fix that but I'm not sure it's worth it. ZSS' file size limit is really small and that's really fluffy.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Zero Suit Samus is starting to sound really sexy right now with all her revamps and whatnot. Or maybe it's just Supermodel's avatar that's getting me off...

But seriously, I'm now starting to like the idea of a normal grab for her., but I can't get it out of my head that you're removing her suit pieces. That's just...AWESOME!

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
you guys aren't lowering her short hop? :( that's the main reason i gave up on trying to use her.. it's too **** high.. you can't make it just a little shorter?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
you guys aren't lowering her short hop? :( that's the main reason i gave up on trying to use her.. it's too **** high.. you can't make it just a little shorter?

Her short hop is SUPPOSED to be that way. She's the only one with such a unique short hop. You're not supposed to short hop aerial approach with Zamus anyways >.>

EDIT: at L/A/W. OH ****! not in a good way

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
mango just said in an apex interview that he didn't approve of project m
edit above guy: why is her "unique" short hop so important
sheik has the same short hop and it makes sffling much less effective

OrlyMelee

Smash Cadet
The problem with that is her transformation back into Samus hurts really bad. I guess they could fix that but I'm not sure it's worth it. ZSS' file size limit is really small and that's really fluffy.
you mean the damage she deals when she transforms into samus?
just remove the hitbox damage etc on psa.
and melee had no final smash so why not remove all the files of her final smash.
it's wasted space you know.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Her short hop is SUPPOSED to be that way. She's the only one with such a unique short hop. You're not supposed to short hop aerial approach with Zamus anyways >.>
i know that <_< i'm just saying it bothered the hell out of me. i'm not a grounded fighter type of person anyway. you should see me trying to use DK it's hilarious e.e

mango just said in an apex interview that he didn't approve of project m
who cares about that **** citrus fruit?.. oh wait.. everyone e.e

why mango be hatin? D: he lost 50 respect points from me.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
DK's mostly a RAR bair character, not a ground character.

/jk

but seriously, I'm pissed off that one of the best melee players doesn't approve of this project. That's gonna drive away people on the fence about this.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
DK's mostly a RAR bair character, not a ground character.

/jk

but seriously, I'm pissed off that one of the best melee players doesn't approve of this project. That's gonna drive away people on the fence about this.
ya i get the back air part lol but my DK is trash because 89% of my attacks are aerials ~.~

inorite <_< but that just means those people need to get a personality and think for themselves. i'm sure once it's done people will have a change of heart anyway.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
he has a point, he said why don't you just play melee
not enough progress has been made yet to sway many melee pros, in the future hopefully that will change

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Screw Mango if he wants to hate before ever even playing the game.

We have names on board with the project that have played and can show what the project is capable of.
I mean... who doesn't think Amsah is a cool guy?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
No respect for a man talking trash about a game he hasn't played. Though he's pretty chill in person.

Lot's of people change their minds after playing it.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
Screw Mango if he wants to hate before ever even playing the game.

We have names on board with the project that have played and can show what the project is capable of.
I mean... who doesn't think Amsah is a cool guy?
mango, he said he was slightly above average lol

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
you guys should come up with something to prove to the community that this project is worth it
imo the trailer came nowhere close to cutting it (possibly due to lack of footage idk)

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
whoever says just play melee is on my hate list.. sorry mango.. it had to be done..

then i remember that mango is a bad*** and he comes right off.. he's 2 gud..

5ive

Smash Champion
A lot of the bashers just say, "why not play Melee?". This logic seems to be accepted, but they fail to realize that Project M brings a newer, updated Melee with MORE characters. It has everything Melee has to offer and more. With that, you can just go play Melee, but if you want Melee+more, go ahead and play Project M...or maybe even both.

shanus

Smash Hero
.Fade wins todays cookie. He found a bit set that enables momentum commands to work during hitstun

kaizo13

Smash Champion
DI related? *guessing

and what about control of momentum/friction during dash grabs?

shanus

Smash Hero
falco's shine for instance will properly momentum cancel during recoveries and allow for more fun tuned movements with momentum commands now without concern of hitstun issues.

Possibly allows for rewritten crouch canceling + jab reset codes as well.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Will DI ever be looked at? It seems impossible to tone it down at the moment but if it ever does happen that would be amazing.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I'm wondering, you guys said that brawl+ had L-canceling in the past. Is that particular codeset available anywhere? I want to mess around with the L-cancel code. I've looked everywhere but i could never find it.

and the "just play melee logic" isn't really logic at all. It's stupidity. No one should be able to dictate what we play. As previously said; project M is melee and then some. People who say "just play melee" simply lack a real reason to hate on this project and use the most overused and unoriginal reason available so **** them.

Also, good to know you guys solved another issue. Yay 4 you. *gives you all a donut* <_>

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
A lot of the bashers just say, "why not play Melee?". This logic seems to be accepted, but they fail to realize that Project M brings a newer, updated Melee with MORE characters. It has everything Melee has to offer and more. With that, you can just go play Melee, but if you want Melee+more, go ahead and play Project M...or maybe even both.
I can't help but laugh every time I hear that "logic." It's really ignorant.

Anyway, I've had a lot of people come try it out and upwards of 2 dozen ask me to hold a tournament for it, so I'd say reception at Apex has been pretty **** good so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom