• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panzerhandschuh

Smash Rookie
Wow Sonic's new downb is so...

Well looks like I won't be playing against sonics anymore :V

Yeah, I actually really liked 2.5 sonic. He was probably my 2nd or 3rd most picked character but in 2.6 he's just not fun anymore. I'd be fine if they nerfed his other moves but removing spin WD just makes him feel so limited and less unique.

Edit: Oh, so you can still WD out of side spin. I rarely ever used that move before other than as a recovery and it's looking a lot more useful now. I just gotta figure out how to use it consistently without the small jump.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
G^W finally whips out his big meat in this patch.

I mean huge ginomeatysaurusbiggiemaximusovertime size. You will probably DIE if he hits you with his huge meat.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Also I always wondered, why do characters like Marth and Link sometimes have say their up-tilt lose the sword glow effect every few uses?
Short answer, bcuz brawl.

Long answer, Brawl doesn't handle sword trails/glows very well and it's as if the trail culls on one side making it not visible. This issue is prevalent with every sword trail in PM AND in Brawl. We'll fix this when it's of a higher priority.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I heard that Sonic's down-b got nerfed before playing, but I didn't think it was by as much as it was until I played it. It's unfortunate that all forms of cancels involving the shield button are gone for it, and I understand how that made his maneuverability too good, but he's not even allowed to platform cancel his skid animation when you cancel it near a platform's edge (which is my only real complaint about this nerf). Being able to ledge cancel the skid animation (whether for both types of cancels or just the landing cancel) would add some tech-skill potential that the move greatly lost due to the nerf but wouldn't make it too overpowered, IMO.
Also, why did Sonic's up-b warrant the lost of being able to wall-jump out of it? The taking away of the air-dodge out of it I understand, but not the taking away of the wall-jump.

Also, I'm glad that SSE: Jungle finally got shrunk, but I noticed that the platforms aren't exactly symmetrical; the inner two platforms, from what I can tell, are the same distance away from the center, but the outer two platforms aren't. This can easily be tested by performing a ledge jump (not hop) with Bowser. Bowser will land perfectly (with no lag, akin to Bowser on Melee's Yoshi's Story) on the left outer platform, but when you jump from the right ledge, the right outer platform is a little bit farther out than the left one so Bowser doesn't land on it. I like how the left one is more, as it gives Bowser the options to land on it and to ledge-cancel some of his aerials from a ledge jump, but to not be biased, it's probably better to move the left platform to match the one on the right.

JTsm

Smash Master
MK is the wonkiest character I have ever played. Nair isnt spammable anymore ;c Down B is really good. The nado hitting animation is awesome.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
FML, I cannot fully download the Full Riivo set -__- It keeps telling me something about the source package or something like that. I'm running Ubuntu btw

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Short answer, bcuz brawl.

Long answer, Brawl doesn't handle sword trails/glows very well and it's as if the trail culls on one side making it not visible. This issue is prevalent with every sword trail in PM AND in Brawl. We'll fix this when it's of a higher priority.
Why does Brawl never stop having the dumbest **** to surprise me with

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I don't know if this was brought up. It's probably common knowledge, but you can make Sonic stop spin dashing (the down-b) and skid to a stop by pressing shield. It's by no means very safe at all, and doesn't lead to follow ups, but it's alright for positioning when you're opponent is away from you and is essential in teams so you don't run your partner over all the time.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
I really want to try out 2.6, sucks that all 3 MicroSD card adapters I have don't work and my current PC doesn't detect the other SD card i use to play 2.5b (yet my wii reads it with no problem).

If I'm lucky today i'll get to try it out or i'll have to wait until the weekend...

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
PMBR, wtf man? Purple Sonic Finger Wag Swag is too OP, why didn't you fix this obvious problem?

More importantly, I can't short hop laser without tech skill with Fox like I used to. You nerfed him to hell! Sniffle......

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Good
Why the **** should fox be easier than Melee

hamyojo

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon says "Yeessss!" on his down taunt and it sounds really weird.
Like, he sounds like a 16 year old kid, kinda.

What a crappy nerf

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Good
Why the **** should fox be easier than Melee
Because you see DMG, I'm used to the janky stuff in 2.5

Taking away my janky stuff makes me hate the new, smoother, and more polished version that I'm playing now. Which is better in every way that matters.

In case it wasn't obvious already, I was just trolling a bit with the Fox nerf comment.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I noticed the Fox thing too it's cool. But srs someone like Fox being made easier in any way is like a slap in the face of anything decent in this world.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The CPU has a few godly moments in between it's incredible stupidity.

Actually, now might be a good time to ask this since I brought it up: what button is easiest to feather touch a short hop with Fox?

I can't do it consistently with the kidney beans, and I need to learn somehow.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I still don't get why any characters are getting nerfs when spacies were still the two best characters in 2.5

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
changing my profile around

SORRY SNAKE I STILL LOVE YOU but your bair isn't as kicking rad </3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom