• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
"Oh my god Metaknight... It's like they took Godzilla and shrunk him down to the size of a puppy. You can't just strip down something so awesome and humiliate it."

My friend playing as MK loll

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Yeah, I actually really liked 2.5 sonic. He was probably my 2nd or 3rd most picked character but in 2.6 he's just not fun anymore. I'd be fine if they nerfed his other moves but removing spin WD just makes him feel so limited and less unique.

Edit: Oh, so you can still WD out of side spin. I rarely ever used that move before other than as a recovery and it's looking a lot more useful now. I just gotta figure out how to use it consistently without the small jump.

Yeah, but the timing needs to be pretty precise and you can't be too high in the air or you'll be telegraphed on the wavedash and you'll get punished for it. His nerfed Nair and the removal of his Spin Wavedash are my biggest gripes about 2.6 Sonic. I don't know, maybe I need to reserve my judgement until a changelist is released with details on his nerfs and what he got in exchange of those nerfs to give him a combo game.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Haven't been able to play yet, because work, any things more specific on how bowser was nerfed?
I didn't experiment with him too much, but one obvious one is that his flamethrower shrinks WAY quickly.
The CPU has a few godly moments in between it's incredible stupidity.
So I was on the re-spawn platform, and the level 9 Falco started multi-shining, so I stood there to see how many he'd do, and I lost track of the exact count but it was close to 20 before messing up and doing an aerial shine.

Kati

Smash Lord
that was intentionally left in, actually.
good

Captain Falcon says "Yeessss!" on his down taunt and it sounds really weird.
Like, he sounds like a 16 year old kid, kinda.

What a crappy nerf
He has been saying that for a long long time.

The jungle's outer platforms are definitely not symmetrical.

Has anyone else been thrown off by Link's new boomerang animation? I'm wondering if it is clunky or if I just haven't gotten used to it yet.

Lylat is great!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Has anyone else been thrown off by Link's new boomerang animation? I'm wondering if it is clunky or if I just haven't gotten used to it yet.
It looks, uh, robotic or something. I'm not quite sure how to explain it.

Can any PMBR comment on whether any stages were modified (aside from the obvious two) before the whole changelist comes out?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Oh, right, I forgot to mention something about Lylat Cruise. Now that Lylat got a huge fix, I would say it's even neutral-worthy. At the very least, it shouldn't still be on the second page of the SSS.

And yeah, a quick list of the stages that have been changed would be nice for those that want to add textures. At this point, all I know is that Lylat Cruise and SSE: Jungle got big changes and Battlefield got a minor texture mod.
(And not like anyone cares, but while on the subject of stages: the lower walls on Port Town Aero Dive are still not wall-jumpable. XD)

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Oh, right, I forgot to mention something about Lylat Cruise. Now that Lylat got a huge fix, I would say it's even neutral-worthy. At the very least, it shouldn't still be on the second page of the SSS.
THIS, I like it more than smashville tbh. Such a cool stage now that it isn't terrible lol. And I use tap-jump to shdl.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I have to say like overall this patch is amazing. You guys deserve a lot of credit, the game is continually being brought into the Melee glory. Fox SHDL feels "correct", Falcon's moonwalk isn't as sucky, it's the little things like that which give the game a polished and more complete feeling and regardless of character choices I'm very happy to see how far the game has come from even 2.1 or earlier.

Kati

Smash Lord
I'm surprised no ones talked about the awesome new stock icons. They're much cleaner
There is just too much to praise the team for. This mod has come so far since 1.0.

I just do away with battle portraits all together as it saves space and and I don't have to worry about them matching custom textures. But they are a wonderful addition that at the very least will help when watching streams.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Good, nobody likes Sonic.
Can I just take this moment to say "**** you, good sir"?

Seriously, I don't know who to blame more. PMBR for freaking out and nerfing Sonic all because of one guy or Wizzrobe for being that one guy. >>

First Ike, then Lucario and now Sonic. I'm really running out of reasons to play P:M here. I'm thinking of stopping altogether. - -

Then again, I think that'd only happen if some dip**** decided to nerf Falcon.

Alrighty. Now that I've got that bitchfit out of my system, time to suck it up and get used to the changes like every other update. =D

Also, yay Meta-Knight. ¦D

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
It's okay, once you forget that your character used to be good the game becomes worth it again. I think PMBR banks on that every time they nerftweak someone

JCeaser you should do a brief write up on the ROB changes so we know what's different, what's just our imagination, or what feels different but is actually a universal engine change.

Kati

Smash Lord
As no one knows what version number the last demo will be, isn't it safe to assume that previous versions of characters or at least some of their attributes can always come back?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
thanks for insulting us :>
No big. There wasn't enough salt in here yet, so I thought I'd fuss a little before actually calming down and enjoying all the nice stuff you've all done. XD

Gotta have that slice of chaos for there to be order and all that. ¦D

Seriously though, good job PMBR. Loving some of the stuff I'm finding out right now. Ganon's new up-tilt is sooo satisfying to land. <3

Also, is there any differences with Battlefield from 2.5 aside from the nice looking sky? I still want to use DimensionField.

Fixed.

It MUST be iodized. ¦D

Izzmo

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it seemed slightly weird to me. When I examined it more closely I found that the boomerang actually clips into Link's arm, but I didn't notice anything else that could explain that feeling.

Other than that you guys did a great job. Ganon's u-tilt is amazing and MK is a blast to play imo.

Still no melee stickywalking though. : ( At least I wasn't able to get the same level of swag, no matter how much I adjusted the input.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
There will probably be an update coming out soon that fixes this MK glitch, so they can use that opportunity to also throw in some quick animation fixes on Link's boomerang if they so choose, I suppose.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's okay, once you forget that your character used to be good the game becomes worth it again. I think PMBR banks on that every time they nerftweak someone

JCeaser you should do a brief write up on the ROB changes so we know what's different, what's just our imagination, or what feels different but is actually a universal engine change.
I'll probably do a video on ROB's changes like I did last time. But I'm pretty swamped with stuff right now so ... later.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
There will probably be an update coming out soon that fixes this MK glitch, so they can use that opportunity to also throw in some quick animation fixes on Link's boomerang if they so choose, I suppose.
...Really? huh, Imma go humor myself by testing this out real quick. Seeing is believing, after all. XD

only difference on battlefield is the sky
Thanks toaster. I think I'll name my next microwave after you. ¦D

Now to decide between using DimensionalField for that Subspace feeling or sticking with P:M Battlefield for that beautiful sky...Hm...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What are you referring to?
Fox SHDL was easier to do. Like much easier to do. Dunno why, my guess was from weird stage detection/jump differences. You need strict timing in Melee to SHDL and in 2.5 it was pretty free. Something changed and it's much closer to Melee in difficulty. I expect to see that along with general movement improvements in the change log.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Fox SHDL was easier to do. Like much easier to do. Dunno why, my guess was from weird stage detection/jump differences. You need strict timing in Melee to SHDL and in 2.5 it was pretty free. Something changed and it's much closer to Melee in difficulty. I expect to see that along with general movement improvements in the change log.
His jumpstart/short hop isn't harder than 2.5 now is it?

I'm surprised no ones talked about the awesome new stock icons. They're much cleaner
I don't like them, specifically for Red/P1. I use Component cables though, so maybe on worse quality composite it looks better than the old ones

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Why do nerfs always get way more attention than buffs, of which there are many?

Only two characters took serious hits to their gameplan, and they definately needed it. (Well, maybe three actually)

Almost any other character you pick up now has new dirt to try out in their favor.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
Metaknight LOVES Norfair. The positioning and movement of the side platforms give him more recovery options and the blast lines make it easier for him to get the kill sideways and upwards (which I think is the optimal way to kill with MK).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
His jumpstart/short hop isn't harder than 2.5 now is it?

I don't like them, specifically for Red/P1. I use Component cables though, so maybe on worse quality composite it looks better than the old ones
It shouldn't be, unless they were able to fix the 1 frame delay on movement? I doubt that is what's different, because feel wise it seems like Fox touches the ground quicker or his actual SH isn't as lofty to compensate. Bottom line: Fox touches the stage sooner which makes SHDL comparable to Melee. Which is good. Make that **** HARD, make him have to L cancel it for 0 lag or something JCAESAR SALAD PLZ

SpiderMad

Smash Master
It shouldn't be, unless they were able to fix the 1 frame delay on movement? I doubt that is what's different, because feel wise it seems like Fox touches the ground quicker or his actual SH isn't as lofty to compensate. Bottom line: Fox touches the stage sooner which makes SHDL comparable to Melee.
Oh yes that would make sense, I was doing backward Short hops with Falco and wavelanding them super quick and easy and much cooler than before it seemed: so maybe all characters touch the ground sooner or something (Also Marth's dair seemed to be better since it landed faster then maybe too). So in 2.5 landing detection was over-compensated to not be at the exact point of Melee's where you land at the Knee but instead landed at the Thigh or something compared to Brawl where you land from your feet?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Why do nerfs always get way more attention than buffs, of which there are many?

Only two characters took serious hits to their gameplan, and they definately needed it. (Well, maybe three actually)

Almost any other character you pick up now has new dirt to try out in their favor.
It's more fun to jump to conclusions than experiment and discover cool stuff.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
adapting is difficult yelling is easy etcetcetc

he says, doing that a couple of hours ago BUT STILL

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
the difference is time required not difficulty, that's why complaints come before praise
that fact doesn't in anyway indicate that the complaints are never deserved, or even rarely deserved; first impressions can in fact be correct
also, some of us are willing to accept, and even go so far as to expect, that gasp PMBR might not be perfect

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
the difference is time required not difficulty, that's why complaints come before praise
that fact doesn't in anyway indicate that the complaints are never deserved, or even rarely deserved; first impressions can in fact be correct
Say, uh, isn't this a beta?

Nevermind The ********, here comes the Sex Pistols! I think you get it.

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom