• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Have fun with him; if there's still something there you like about him by all means stick with him. He's lost near all of the traits I found appealing but I don't mean to detract other people from using him.

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
Have fun with him; if there's still something there you like about him by all means stick with him. He's lost near all of the traits I found appealing but I don't mean to detract other people from using him.
I am actually quite curious on why you still don't like 2.5b angle on Zard's nair. When it was first revealed that his nair wouldn't only hit people up anymore, I felt like you did and wasn't fond of the idea because it seemed like one of his best tools. Plus, due to his poor aerial mobility pre-2.5, he wouldn't be able to follow up non-straight up angles very well. However, after playing 2.5 Zard, I quickly came to love the new nair angle much more than the old one, mostly because it became his most versatile tool. He could still hit people up if he wanted, but he could also use it to edgeguard people by hitting them to the side. This helped him kill certain characters easier that he had a very hard time with in 2.1. Plus, in 2.5, they also gave Zard better aerial mobility to help follow the new angles.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I liked the 2.1 nair because when it hit through platforms he could followup with U-smash or anything else to do ladder combos, and at low percents off stage it set up into DJ bair for a gimp. The sideways angle does better at high percent edgeguards but loses a lot of the utility I enjoyed in its vertical iteration. From beating out airdodges with its wraparound to still get an off-the-top kill to setting up followups into his other moves. Now it just feels like it's a crazy hodgepodge move that does everything in a weaker way than moves designed to do just one thing strongly do.

On a more social note for the social thread, having a garden is great. Made some falafel with fresh herbs and mixed it with hot pepper cheese and lettuce, topped with Sriracha sauce.

[collapse=Dish]
[/collapse]

My mouth is on fire but it's so good.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
On a more social note for the social thread, having a garden is great. Made some falafel with fresh herbs and mixed it with hot pepper cheese and lettuce, topped with Sriracha sauce.

[collapse=Dish]
[/collapse]

My mouth is on fire but it's so good.
This looks delicious, might have to try and make it sometime.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This is pretty much how I feel about Sonic right now, and that's a real bummer for me since I lost interest in Smash after I stopped playing Melee years ago and Sonic was the only thing that made me buy Brawl. Hacks and mods are what made me keep it, though. And discovering that such a thing as "competitive gameplay" existed.

By the way, as I said earlier this morning, those same problems I was having are still here. Nothing I've tried is fixing them. >>

Scratch that. Found out that I can't hold the button anymore while turning like I could in 2.5. Very annoying and disorienting change, much like a lot of other things with a lot of characters I'm noticing.

I know it's way too earlier to judge clearly and I'll have to take some more time to get used to the feel of things, but as it stands currently, I'm just really not liking anything about 2.6 right now or a lot of the characters I had fun using before. Well, aside from Meta-Knight and that Mario and Marth still feel as smooth and fun to use as ever.

I know you guys had your reasons for the changes, some of which I probably couldn't understand due to my lack of Smash smarts, but...I'm just not having fun anymore. :<

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
Anyone try playing PM on the Wii U I did see JCaesers video's just wondering if anyone else has tried it.
Might be able to get me a Wii U for about 50 bucks.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Anyone try playing PM on the Wii U I did see JCaesers video's just wondering if anyone else has tried it.
Might be able to get me a Wii U for about 50 bucks.
50 bucks!? Damn, I'd take that deal in heartbeat!

Where did you find such a steal of a deal?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Just imagine Ganon's d-air thunder stomp, but on up-tilt. XD (Okay, maybe that wasn't the best of a description, but that's basically how awesome it is. :p)

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
50 bucks!? Damn, I'd take that deal in heartbeat!

Where did you find such a steal of a deal?
Used person broke the sensor bar, they don't use it, wanted something of mine so I mixed up the deal a little, put some spin on it. Going back later in the week to try to seal the deal.
But yeah I am going to go for it regardless of how PM works.

Kati

Smash Lord
Now [Zard's nair] just feels like it's a crazy hodgepodge move that does everything in a weaker way than moves designed to do just one thing strongly do.
^ I came to the same conclusion as well. I can either spam nair and slowly build up damage while also capitalizing on some follow up opportunities or try another aerial with some specific intent but with less safety from the lack of crazy range. However I'm definitely not a zard main.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
i've heard people describe it as "heihachi" or "ehonda stomp". it's hoss as all ****.
People are forgetting that his old uptilt was already a stomp. Now it just has a realistic animation that a human could do, instead of "life leg 180° in the air, slam it down instantly".

And it also has a small hitbox on his foot while he's lifting it up.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Ganon's uptilt is a really good addition, it has a really good knockback and trayectory, though it's kinda weird to see that acttive hitbox when he rises his leg, seems like a fun lulzy poke under certain platforms.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
There's actually three different places that it hits for different damage, not just two. The foot going up deals 8 damage, the non-sweetspot leg drop does 20 damage, and the sweetspot where he makes contact with the ground does 22 damage.

TheKk-47

Smash Apprentice
I can't play as Meta Knight, redownloaded and it's still not working. What a pos, this entire 2.6 launch was a pos. Maybe I'll just download the WiFi set. But this is fu**ing stupid, I shouldn't have to do this!!! Hell, I should just go back to 2.5b, at least it doesn't freeze when I try to select the new character.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I've noticed a lot of performance complaints on the forum that stem from using an old SD card. Buying a new one is much more likely to prevent these annoying issues from cropping up in the first place.

This launch was on time so that makes it better already in my eyes. Any lingering issues will be ironed out in a month's time probably.

Rarik

Smash Journeyman
I'm using Riivo and my textures won't load, but the ones P:M already had were loaded succesfully and they were in their respective folders, no incorrect names. I had a similar problem with replaced songs but I managed to fix that by putting them in the same folders I would've if I were using Homebrew, so I tried it with the textures but it didn't work. :/
Im using riivolution, and my character textures work just fine. Try putting them in brawlmods/textures/fighter/[characterfolder].

Tatoo

Smash Rookie
With the discussion about Falcon's 180 punch I thought I'd mess around trying to do it with him.
I am by no means a Falcon main btw, but while playing I was wondering: Is he supposed to pivot so quickly like this?

http://youtu.be/KJOfrm8v1Mw

The first attempt is how I remember it from Brawl. But the second is super fast. Was it like this in Melee?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I can't play as Meta Knight, redownloaded and it's still not working. What a pos, this entire 2.6 launch was a pos. Maybe I'll just download the WiFi set. But this is fu**ing stupid, I shouldn't have to do this!!! Hell, I should just go back to 2.5b, at least it doesn't freeze when I try to select the new character.
Please don't blame us that you can't get everything working - You are clearly an anomoly compared to the thousands of people it works for.

I'd advise you either check out the support subforum or our IRC channel for support.

Oh, and defrag your SD card.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
so even with all the updates, my favorite is still Zelda. too good. also, who else thinks that tabuus stage should be a stage added to stage selection. love it.

TheKk-47

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so I decided to go for the Wifi set, and now it doesn't freeze! BUT GUESS WHAT!!!??? IT'S META KNIGHT FROM BRAWL!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYY!? Can someone just send me files of Meta Knight(.Pac, .rel, .Motionetc) because he's the only problem.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
With the discussion about Falcon's 180 punch I thought I'd mess around trying to do it with him.
I am by no means a Falcon main btw, but while playing I was wondering: Is he supposed to pivot so quickly like this?

http://youtu.be/KJOfrm8v1Mw

The first attempt is how I remember it from Brawl. But the second is super fast. Was it like this in Melee?
The second one is a Brawl tech called wavebouncing, which is caused by pressing b, and than very quickly turning around. Every character can do it. Used properly, it can let you do some pretty interesting stuff.

Ok, so I decided to go for the Wifi set, and now it doesn't freeze! BUT GUESS WHAT!!!??? IT'S META KNIGHT FROM BRAWL!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYY!? Can someone just send me files of Meta Knight(.Pac, .rel, .Motionetc) because he's the only problem.
What method are you loading PM with, anyway? You mentioned using a USB drive.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
You really need to say that in your post, because people are going to assume you're using the no-homebrew method. That said, I have no experience with Riivo, but people seem to be reporting issues with it.

Open question: has anyone gotten 2.6 working properly on Riivo?

TheKk-47

Smash Apprentice
You really need to say that in your post, because people are going to assume you're using the no-homebrew method. That said, I have no experience with Riivo, but people seem to be reporting issues with it.

Open question: has anyone gotten 2.6 working properly on Riivo?
Not me lol. This isn't cool, what's the homebrew version like? I might switch, PMBR needs to look into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom