• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
Should I replace the entire thing or should I just replace the MK files?
My question to you is how are you using Riivolution with USB loading? I'm pretttttyyyyyyy sure you have to use the disc still for Riivolution and as a result, because you're USB loading, you should in fact be using the Homebrew zip files... and load the mod up through your specific USB loading app.

TheKk-47

Smash Apprentice
My question to you is how are you using Riivolution with USB loading? I'm pretttttyyyyyyy sure you have to use the disc still for Riivolution and as a result, because you're USB loading, you should in fact be using the Homebrew zip files... and load the mod up through your specific USB loading app.
No no, I have an SSBB disc.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
This is pretty much how I feel about Sonic right now, and that's a real bummer for me since I lost interest in Smash after I stopped playing Melee years ago and Sonic was the only thing that made me buy Brawl. Hacks and mods are what made me keep it, though. And discovering that such a thing as "competitive gameplay" existed.

By the way, as I said earlier this morning, those same problems I was having are still here. Nothing I've tried is fixing them. >>

Scratch that. Found out that I can't hold the button anymore while turning like I could in 2.5. Very annoying and disorienting change, much like a lot of other things with a lot of characters I'm noticing.

I know it's way too earlier to judge clearly and I'll have to take some more time to get used to the feel of things, but as it stands currently, I'm just really not liking anything about 2.6 right now or a lot of the characters I had fun using before. Well, aside from Meta-Knight and that Mario and Marth still feel as smooth and fun to use as ever.

I know you guys had your reasons for the changes, some of which I probably couldn't understand due to my lack of Smash smarts, but...I'm just not having fun anymore. :<

I know that feel, Wave. Although 2.6 is far from being the worst update that we got, it's not the best update that we got in my own perspective at least. I'm a Sonic main too and I'll admit that I'm a little biased towards this update. I'm trying to give Sonic a second look to see if I can salvage him and still be able to do a good combo game with him. He's not unplayable, but he doesn't feel like he can pull an effective 'bait and punish' game without the use of the Wave Spindash or how he can't really kill anybody with a Ftilt until 155% near the edge of a platform for a stage like Battlefield or Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 (Even then it's sometimes not enough) for example. He does seem like a step in the right direction, but he is stumbling in this update. No matter how I try to overlook all of his losses, 2.6 Sonic still feels like the elephant in the room due to the fact that all he got was nerfs with nothing else to replace some of his lost repertoire aside from a cheeky new up taunt and a skid stop... However, I don't know if he can still spinshot out of a Homing Attack or not. I still need to figure out how to spinshot with Sonic overall if he can still do it.

Other than Sonic, some of the characters have seen their share of nerfs like Diddy Kong and Charizard along with buffs for other characters. I'm very pleased with Mario not changing much and getting a few new tweaks like his faster Fireball end animation and even more so with Link. I have never felt better with Link in other Smash Bros game other Smash 64. His Clawshot makes for a better poke and spacing tech. His Boomerang while shorter hits with more knockback and doesn't slow you down while moving and I think his Bow charge time to get a full charged arrow is shorter. I feel more confident in using Link in any tournaments and he feels more fun to use. This incarnation of Link is exactly what he is in the actual games where he has all the tools he needs to beat his opponent if you can figure out how.

I'm not a big expert on Smash Bros nor do I claim to be. 2.6 is a step in the right direction with the exception of a few stumbles along the way. While some of the new changes for characters like Link and Ganondorf are very welcome, the update still leaves me a very bitter taste in my mouth with Sonic. I do hope the BackRoom give Sonic a second look over and put a few tweaks to some of the things he's lost to give back some of that fun value that he had for the next update of 2.7 or whichever update comes next... That's just how I view this update anyways and for now, I'll just have to get used to the update like everybody else until the next update... :applejack:

TheKk-47

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, and Lylat Cruise was strange. It's as if it was the same stage as before, can't explain well. It'd tilt, but it wouldn't show it, kind of like what would happen if you changed a staged without changing its .rel.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Yeah, and Lylat Cruise was strange. It's as if it was the same stage as before, can't explain well. It'd tilt, but it wouldn't show it, kind of like what would happen if you changed a staged without changing its .rel.
I thought Lylat Cruise was fine now that it doesn't tilt and the SSE: Jungle stage is alot shorter which might mean the both of them might be legal or counterpick viable now. I've heard that there are some texture changes with 2.6 Battlefield, but I don't know what I'm missing...

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'm confused, why does Sonic's ftilt need to be a kill move at under 155%? fsmash is your kill move. Outside of that, you only have, I dunno, the most effective gimping character in the game. Why do you need to have everything?

Like, seriously, just off the top of my head, you still have the ability to kill people off the top by chasing them high with upb, you can still gimp people with the spring, and you still have homing attack. You can also still spike people with fair, which is something you can combo into. You have the fastest character in the game, who still has the ability to get in and out of situations better than most. Boo hoo, it's not as broken as it used to be. Welcome to the game that the rest of us non-sonic mains play.

Appledees

Smash Apprentice
A good Sonic should be killing them before 155& anyway. I mean he sorta lacks kill moves but its not like Vanilla Brawl horrible. He still has a decent gimp game and a decent amount of options.

Sonic really isn't that bad in 2.6 he just has a completely different playstyle that admittedly is hard to adapt if you're so used to 2.5 Sonic but he's by no means bad. You can adapt and get better with him or just use another character.

Its day 2 and we still have little idea what crazy **** characters can do now.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Bait and punish using one of if not the fastest dash in the game, a great dash dance outside of opposing ranges (instead of just charging a nice big hitbox to do so) and a moonwalk. Bait by going to platforms and drop down with aerials. Punish with grabs and his tilts, smashes, jab. Sonic still has one of the best bait and punish, whiff punish games... in the game. MK rivals it with his speed, but Sonic is more than fast enough to do that sort of thing.

TheKk-47

Smash Apprentice
Yes, redownload it.
So I redownloaded it, AND GUESS WHAT???!!! IT STILL FROZE! LYLAT CRUISE IS STILL MESSED UP AND MK FREEZES THE GAME!! LIKE WTF!!?? COME ON! THANKS FOR LYING TO ME BUDDY, REAL FUNNY MAN, REALLY FUNNY. WHAT A POS! Ugh, keep giving myself headaches over this BS.

NNID
dansalvato
So I redownloaded it, AND GUESS WHAT???!!! IT STILL FROZE! LYLAT CRUISE IS STILL MESSED UP AND MK FREEZES THE GAME!! LIKE WTF!!?? COME ON! THANKS FOR LYING TO ME BUDDY, REAL FUNNY MAN, REALLY FUNNY. WHAT A POS! Ugh, keep giving myself headaches over this BS.
You should format your SD card completely and load a fresh copy of Project M onto it. A lot of people have problems when installing on top of a previous version or an SD card that isn't fresh.

TheKk-47

Smash Apprentice
You should format your SD card completely and load a fresh copy of Project M onto it. A lot of people have problems when installing on top of a previous version or an SD card that isn't fresh.
Using a USB drive.

I would suggest you come to the Project M IRC for more help.
Went there a while ago and got no help at all.

stop getting mad at video games
I'm not mad, just frustrated. It's annoying to keep doing the same thing over and over without any change. Vaas is just in my head telling me the definition of insanity.

Does that stuff work fine while playing Brawl for you?

Did you try reformatting the SD card?
Yeah, stuff works on Vanilla. Using an USB drive.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
TheKk-47 please start editing your posts to add content, people don't really want to see triple/quad posts.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Bait and punish using one of if not the fastest dash in the game, a great dash dance outside of opposing ranges (instead of just charging a nice big hitbox to do so) and a moonwalk. Bait by going to platforms and drop down with aerials. Punish with grabs and his tilts, smashes, jab. Sonic still has one of the best bait and punish, whiff punish games... in the game. MK rivals it with his speed, but Sonic is more than fast enough to do that sort of thing.

I don't know about Meta Knight on that note. :p I am not giving up yet on the blue hedgehog as he is one of my favorite characters in video games and I grew up with Sonic SATAM. It's just with these new changes that I feel like I'm back to square one on mastering movement with Sonic. I've never done moonwalking before and I was able to get a bit of distance on FD although I'm not sure how moonwalking for Sonic is gonna help other than looking fancy. I'd like to get in some practical application with Sonic to learn things like moonwalking, baiting on platforms like you mentioned and such so that I can get out of the 2.5b rut and get back that fun feeling I had playing with my boone. :p

Am I doing it right? =D *SMACKED*

Also, so much lol and nostalgia is washing over me. XD

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You really need to say that in your post, because people are going to assume you're using the no-homebrew method. That said, I have no experience with Riivo, but people seem to be reporting issues with it.

Open question: has anyone gotten 2.6 working properly on Riivo?

I have 2.6 working flawlessly/near flawlessly with Riivolution on a USB stick (Wifi version). I don't fool around with custom textures, haven't had any freezes, etc. I had to redownload the Riivolution one when the MK bug was brought to light, but now it seems fixed and going fine.

For anyone out there: please completely remove your old PM files from your SD/USB before adding 2.6. Don't get lazy and just copy over: friend of mine tried that and he got a game without MK and with freezes. He took the time to actually delete the old PM files before adding the new ones, and now he's a happy guy. Little steps like that I honestly believe will solve like 80% of problems out there.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Did Ike just fall off the rader after the 2.0 debacle? o_O But he fights for his friends...

I was just talking about Jab1. I knew it was pretty good in Melee but it seemed like it was even better in this game.
Link's been made better overall. I really like how he's been given a new tweak with his Clawshot and Boomerang. The smallest changes with him really enhances his game and I don't think he'll have a problem stepping out of Toon Link's shadow now. :D

TheKk-47

Smash Apprentice
Still no luck, some people on YT seem to have this problem too. I'll try again tomorrow, but damn this annoying.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
if you didnt watch the first project m video i ever made, you should watch it now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom