• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Wow, Reflex and JCaesar did / are doing so much work. Congratulations to both of them, I can't wait to hear the results of Winner's Finals.

@JCaesar: Good **** taking out Leffen in WR1, he must've been sooooooooooooooo salty.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Ahhh so close to beating Wizzy! I lost by missing an easy meteor cancel :(

Great game though. Wizzrobe is sooo good. Mad respect.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I was okay with you liking the browser IE, but you're also a Mac person?! IE isn't even for Mac, what kind of grody paradox are you running here?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Reflex is insane. So is hungrybox, but it's O. Jiggs vs N. Jiggs. I think Reflex will take it.

Playing the PMBR so far has been really fun. Still have to play with Ookami, SB and the toaster bros. This game is hella fun. JC wrecked me in our MM, but the ROB ditto was kinda close. He's really, really good.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Old jiggs vs new jiggs. He's saying wario is a new version of jiggs. What with the air mobility and all

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Reflex is insane. So is hungrybox, but it's O. Jiggs vs N. Jiggs. I think Reflex will take it.
That's how it works in Super Turbo, at least.

Hungrybox says that the matchup is pretty skewed in Jigglypuff's favor, though, so, we'll see.

Dubforce

Smash Sidius
I personally think wario is busted. But then again I play squirtle so of course I would think that.

In the wario v. squirtle mu squirtle is supposed to nair/withdraw his way in.

1: Warios nair beats his. I know, dumb. Even with the protection.
2: Wario can do a lot to you to get you out of withdraw. He can safely:
bite, upsmash, downsmash, grab, side-b, jab, downtilt, ftilt.

Its virtually impossible to get in on wario as squirtle.

Zelda is similar. Dins fire knocks you out of withdraw, so thats lame as ****.

And snake. Oh my god snake. He can put a mine on the edge and even if you perfectly sweetspot you are getting hit. You're only hope is that he puts that mine a little to far away and that you just take like 3 damage and grab the edge anyways. Realistically though, depending on your damage, you are either getting faired or killed off the top by the mine.

So back on topic. Hbox lost to reflex...I blame the fact that reflex is amazing and wario is broke as **** (remember I play squirtle so of course I feel that way, regardless of its truth (although I'm pretty sure he actually is quite busted amongst the cast (please nerf))). Looks like reflex is going to be against either wizzy or hbox for the top spot. Good luck!

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
Wario definitely isn't "broke." Us squirtle players have to figure out how to beat him. I also feel that the skill of Reflex is what has led him to as far as he is, not his character being too good lol.

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
+ Possibly people being weak on Wario/new Wario MU experience. Some of the tweaks to the angles in trajectory alone would render someone vulnerable if they didn't know which ways to DI optimally all the time vs Wario. The one thing that is really good though with Wario is footstooling, say after Dair, because that can give you another free hit or TC. Wario's got a somewhat scary TC game, in that while he doesn't cover ground like Sheik or Falcon, his punishes hit really hard. If you predict someone will tech roll away, and you catch them with the late part of Side B, it hurts like a mother ****er. The buffs to his throw angles, to Bite mobility/angle?, and to some of his general kit let him properly set up tech chases where as before if someone actually knew Wario's throws you would usually just DI away every time and be safe, or tech away and be safe.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That's true, but the main change was from throw angles because before his Dthrow was basically a backwards Falcon/Sheik Dthrow without the cool "free hit" aspect lol. People could just DI and tech away, and Wario literally could not follow up. With angles naturally closer to his body (and maybe a bit less end lag on Dthrow, can't tell), he can actually set up a proper TC. WHICH is definitely fairer than a free knee slap CG etc that plenty of other characters get from their throws.

Oracle

Smash Master
Reflex is a freaking incredible player. Wario isn't amazing but he gives reflex the tools he needs to outplay his opponents

side note: leffen making a run through losers. Wizzrobe defend america!

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Lets be clear, Wario won what amounts to a local with a poor turn out. Granted the turn out had some great players still, there wasn't even...half the cast present. It was a 16 man tournament. GG's Reflex though. Even for this size he still had a hell of a run. Shout outs to Wizzrobe for getting second and Hbox for forfeiting?

cmart

Smash Lord
Correct. There was only enough time to play out one of either loser's finals or grand finals, and hbox opted to forfeit so grand finals could be played.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Well, not 100% correct. The invitational had the size of a local, but Melee and P:M high and top level international players were the only contestants. As such, one could say that it was a small tourney with the skill cap and competition of a regional or even a national.

Edit: And it'll be hard to get "half the cast" represented at ONE tourney by high level players.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Well, not 100% correct. The invitational had the size of a local, but Melee and P:M high and top level international players were the only contestants. As such, one could say that it was a small tourney with the skill cap and competition of a regional or even a national.

Edit: And it'll be hard to get "half the cast" represented at ONE tourney by high level players.
Yea....well there was a good amount of high level player in the invitational....however, there are about 20 = players or potentially better players that I could name off hand who were not invited/didn't enter....so...idk it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom