• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Fox has got to be the biggest example of that ****. Everyone and their grandma can double laser in PM

Stevo

Smash Champion
Sure, double laser is easier, but it has messed up my timing on other things.
For example, with Pikachu, when I go to up-air out of shield, I end up doing a doube jump up-air, as I accidentally tap jump when going to do the up-air. Whereas, in melee, it somehow doesn't register my tap jump with the same timing.

I also can't stand how the c-stick has to go back to neutral in Project M lol. Messes me up so bad.

I hope that is on the to-do list. (most likely is)

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Well, since the new characters haven't been out for nearly as long as Melee, the matchup experience is far more limited. This goes both ways, to an extent.
Yes, but there's a difference between 'knowing what every move does at least to some extent' and 'actually not knowing what certain moves do at all.' It doesn't take long at all to learn the former. I did it on day 1 of 2.1's release. Therefore, it's easy for someone with 'enough experience' to come up against someone with far less 'experience' and win the match just from that, despite both being really good players.

Reflex would most likely smash whoever you listed lol. We're talking about a guy who doesn't always switch from wario in the D3 matchup in brawl and doesn't even camp
Reflex definitely camps with Wario in vBrawl. Wario literally can't win that MU if he doesn't camp to at least some extent. DDD can out-prioritize everything he has with one move and just destroy his stocks with the other.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wha. Double laser is like the easiest thing in melee lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Captain Technical Balls over there, yeah it's easy for you Hylian I've seen you play before lol. I'm talking about like the general population here. Everyone can do it in PM, it feels easier.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i cant double laser with fox in PM

;_;

you guys would seriously love how i do it lmao

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Captain Technical Balls over there, yeah it's easy for you Hylian I've seen you play before lol. I'm talking about like the general population here. Everyone can do it in PM, it feels easier.
I mean...I think wavedashing is much harder than double lasering even though I can do both >_> lol. I guess it's different for others though.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I can shdl about 1 in every 20 attempts.

I can shdl about 19 in every 20 attempts in Project M.

I press the jump button that is furthest from B button (X or Y, whichever that is) so maybe that has something to do with it.

lol I sound so scrub.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I actually use the analog stick to SHDL and reverse SHDL.

am i weird.
No, it's much easier to SHDL with the stick. That's how I do my drifting lasers that I was known for back in the day.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
my method for SHDL is

right thumb hits x to jump
THEN

let go of control stick, then control stick thumb flies over and presses b twice

:o

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I actually have to try harder to shdl in project m compared to melee
You're weird then

No, it's much easier to SHDL with the stick. That's how I do my drifting lasers that I was known for back in the day.
I dunno about that. Pressing X or Y for SHDL sounds much easier because you don't have to return the stick to neutral and you have to only worry about a short press.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You're weird then

I dunno about that. Pressing X or Y for SHDL sounds much easier because you don't have to return the stick to neutral and you have to only worry about a short press.
I got you covered :).

The trick is to FLICK the control stick with your thumb. By flicking it, it auto short hops and auto returns to neutral. Flicking it also doesn't require much tech skill. The reason I'm able to do this and move at the same time is because I double claw while playing fox. Standing SHDL are very easy with this method and holding the controller normally though.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Maybe I'm the weird one then. Only time I use it is when waveshining: canceling shine with a button feels too weird so I Control stick jump out of it and then go back down for the wavedash. I think you probably do that too Hylian, idk just feels natural that way. Everything else though **** that my Y button better pick up the slack lol

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Maybe I'm the weird one then. Only time I use it is when waveshining: canceling shine with a button feels too weird so I Control stick jump out of it and then go back down for the wavedash. I think you probably do that too Hylian, idk just feels natural that way. Everything else though **** that my Y button better pick up the slack lol
Nah I double claw remember? So I waveshine with X.

[yt]CcXrAAX-H4M[/yt]

Edit: I had no idea this was being recorded nor did I make this video lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I thought you said once that you manually waveshined? Who am I thinking about then...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can't even successfully shorthop half the time and I don't know why :c
Do you use buttons or control stick? If you use the stick just flick it, and if you use buttons try sliding your finger sideways across the button instead of pressing it down so that your finger slides off of it as soon as possible.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Do you use buttons or control stick? If you use the stick just flick it, and if you use buttons try sliding your finger sideways across the button instead of pressing it down so that your finger slides off of it as soon as possible.
Button, and the controller is kinda crappy for a wired controller (though it does its job, at least). I'm not sure I even have the finesse for that; it's why I struggle with soft inputs on the shoulder buttons.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
I only SHDL with Z as my special button in P:M lol B button is too much distance, I can do it consistently with B, but it's too much work when the Z button is so much easier

I actually use the analog stick to SHDL and reverse SHDL.

am i weird.
We're talking about Short Hop Double Lazer here right?.... how in the hell can anyone possibly consistently short hop with the control stick, especially with Fox?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I only SHDL with Z as my special button in P:M lol B button is too much distance, I can do it consistently with B, but it's too much work when the Z button is so much easier

We're talking about Short Hop Double Lazer here right?.... how in the hell can anyone possibly consistently short hop with the control stick, especially with Fox?
I explained exactly how above :)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
dw Neko I use the control stick to SHDL and reverse SHDL as well, I find it 500x easier than X/Y lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I use the control stick, X, and Y actually :). Different buttons depending on what I'm doing. For example lasering I use control stick, shffling I use X, multishine I use Y.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i'm the same way. 10 years of playing with y=jump x=hop means i can't just set y to footstool/taunt, or else i'll run to the ledge and taunt with ganon instead of fair edgeguard : /

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
And I always thought I was weird... :laugh: I always FH with the control stick and I SH (and jump out of Samus' bomb jumps) with X. I never use Y unless I'm doing an insta-DJ from the ground for fast missile cancels on DL64's platforms (I roll my thumb from Y to X to get two jumps as quickly as possible). I also use the control stick for all my JC actions. Using the control stick to FH makes it so much easier to do quick uairs from the ground.

SI also can't stand how the c-stick has to go back to neutral in Project M lol. Messes me up so bad.

I hope that is on the to-do list. (most likely is)
I have this weird issue that I've never had with Melee. Whenever I want to do a short dash > dsmash (basically a foxtrot dsmash), I always get a DA in P:M, but I never have that problem in Melee. Am I the only one experiencing this problem? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom