• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
go to bed Leelue

wait

nevermind that's exactly what i meant

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
So, how about that question guys? Are there any changes to Mario Circuit in P:M 2.5b? I'd check myself but I can't play my Wii right now.
I imagine there's a file there for the purposes of the custom SSS being able to access it?

There's files for every stage, whether it's different from Brawl or not, as far as I can tell.

Go ahead and put Bowser's Castle over it, you won't be missing out on anything :p

tackles

Smash Rookie
i'm probably the only one to say this but i really prefered Pika's previous Nair sfx.... but oh well whatever.
One "problem" that i have with 2.5 is that Mario shouts when he jumps. Up until 2.1 he was silent but now he has to go "WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP" when he wavedashes, pretty annoying.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Both of those are Melee things. I agree that "because Melee" isn't exactly the best reasoning around, but at least these aren't gameplay design choices we're talking about. I also didn't mind Pika's and Mario's SFX as they were previously.

At 1 PM, the REAL Doomsday shall ensue! A whole 4.5 to 5 hours without SWF! How will we survive?!? :skull: Good thing Vanguard so conveniently planned a fest for today and tomorrow... :smirk:

tackles

Smash Rookie
Both of those are Melee things. I agree that "because Melee" isn't exactly the best reasoning around, but at least these aren't gameplay design choices we're talking about. I also didn't mind Pika's and Mario's SFX as they were previously
does that mean that Mario will stay like this?.. Is there any consideration that they will change it back?

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
Since the new sound was from Falco's sound bank, does that mean there was a break through there? I thought characters couldn't get sounds from each other.

:phone:

Oracle

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure the problem is with getting sounds from outside sources (ie melee) and putting them in the game without riivolution.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
^^^^More proof that the P:M community is NOT made up mostly of Melee players, not even in the slightest.
Uh if you play PM aren't you technically a melee player, it is melee's engine after all... Also why would it matter, who cares? Its a game recreating melee's engine and improving its gameplay and characters because brawl didn't live up to expectations held by most of the smash community. I have no problem playing against Brawl players or really with Brawl, I personally just don't like the game, however I love PM and Melee. But honestly even just given the basic premise of PM how can people enjoying and choosing to play on a melee-based engine not be melee players?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
We aren't playing melee, though. I'd suck at melee, because honestly, I haven't played melee in years. I am, however, an alright P:M player. This is melee 2.0, after all.

Someone should set up a stream, seeing how, starting from 1PM, we won't be able to do much until 4:30.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Internet Explorer is going to be housing around 45 melee players over the next few days including a lot of top players. However, no one has arrived at his place yet. He'll probably start streaming once a few players get to his place. This will likely be during the time smashboards is down. Follow the Project M facebook page and twitter to see when IE starts streaming. :)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Because there are a lot of things wrong with Melee, too. It's a combination of the best parts of both games; it just happens to have more competitively-geared Melee things than Brawl things.

I wouldn't consider myself a Melee player these days. PM is definitely a different game than Melee and Brawl, but it's definitely for the better in both cases.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Because there are a lot of things wrong with Melee, too. It's a combination of the best parts of both games; it just happens to have more competitively-geared Melee things than Brawl things.

I wouldn't consider myself a Melee player these days. PM is definitely a different game than Melee and Brawl, but it's definitely for the better in both cases.
I agree completely, however its hard to argue the game isn't more a sequel to melee and it definitely resembles melee FAR more than brawl. Melee AT's, concepts, metagame, and characters (design or otherwise) constitute the backbone of mid to high level play and it is melee's engine... With a few improvements <3 rar/wavebounce and momentum games/techs.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I just can't wait for the rest of the changes. Only thing left on my mind now is the techs, brawl shield being fixed...and well...I won't have a legit reason to turn my cube on soon enough.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I agree completely, however its hard to argue the game isn't more a sequel to melee and it definitely resembles melee FAR more than brawl. Melee AT's, concepts, metagame, and characters (design or otherwise) constitute the backbone of mid to high level play and it is melee's engine... With a few improvements <3 rar/wavebounce and momentum games/techs.

I can't say I necessarily agree with that. Many of the bad Melee characters were given N64 or Brawl moves and traits which greatly supplement their overall strategy. Items have become more useful, which is definitely more Brawl-like than Melee-like. Pivot grab, DACUS, and the stuff you mentioned. It's an evolution of the Smash series as a whole using the best of what we've got and a little extra, too! Melee space is the place, but it would be disingenuous to suggest that it doesn't take from the other Smash games a fair amount, as well.

Wall tethering as well?
Arguable improvement, really. It's certainly different, and it's hard to say that it's a bad thing, but its being different is what is most striking, for sure. Only time will tell how it goes.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Personally, I want tethering back. It improved recoveries in terms of distance and variability and it was always fun to use, worth it or not. I'd like to have it return in PM if it's within the realm of possibility in terms of coding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom