• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNinja

Smash Ace
Hmm don't feel like going all the way back to see if someone said how to do the ness secret taunt.

What I did is just tap up taunt twice. But you might only have to do it once I'm not sure.

I know you just have to tap it though, like a short hop.

:phone:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Loving all the easter eggs: Went out to update TV Tropes-page with them. (Ness's is something I've been demanding for AGES)

Wario feels AWESOME. Loving all the WL-references (Thanks so much for keeping the Swing-Ding Throw and make it actually similar to Wario World's! It feels fun to use.) and him being a trickster character seems to work even better now than before. Marth also feels more rewarding to play as compared to 2.1. Pit too!

Diddy's freaking kickass! He rivals my bro's Mario now when I got to try him.
My biggest thanks for Guru for bringing back the hatflip after all. I also love the evil snicker he does, it's awesome.

I wanna go on praising and praising but I think that should have been done days before. But yeah.

EDIT: Wario's new walking and run animations are awesome, stop asking the old one back. It doesn't fit Wario Land-styled PM Wario at all.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. You removed dsmash while holding bomb. So now I can't wavedash out of shield while holding bomb into dsmash. Why do you take away everything that I love?

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
Squirtle is a beast! Aerial Bubble is "super effective"! I love it! I think I may drop one of my two mains for him. I honestly find Shell Shifting to be too situational to be used too frequently, Bubble seems like a superior option in every way (though that may be my love for the move, it's my favorite move of any Smash game)

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Ike's dthrow leads into a lot of stuff if you don't DI it properly.
I know that. I play against an Ike all the time, but an infinite sounds extremely unlikely. An infinite is not just some silly CG, even disregarding DI. It's a lock that keeps you held way past 300% and beyond. As a vBrawl DDD main, I know about my infinites. If I hear that Ike can infinite, that perks up my ears, even though I know it's probably DI dependent. It means that, at any %, certain DIs will always lead into a setup for something (like Lucario's old uthrow > bair but worse). I already know that in 2.1, with bad DI (towards the direction Ike is facing), you could be ftilted (some chars can even be re-grabbed) and if the throw sent you offstage, you could be daired or faired. Even when DI'd properly onstage (away from the direction he's facing), it's a still tech-chase onstage and still a guaranteed fair against certain chars (like Lucario :facepalm:).

Edit: This post is like hours late. :smash:

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
Squirtle is a beast! Aerial Bubble is "super effective"! I love it! I think I may drop one of my two mains for him. I honestly find Shell Shifting to be too situational to be used too frequently, Bubble seems like a superior option in every way (though that may be my love for the move, it's my favorite move of any Smash game)
My favorite move of any smash game was wavedash out of shield -> dsmash while holding a bomb.

and gale boomerang

Kix

Smash Journeyman
This one feels waaay better. I was wondering why G&W's D-throw wasn't reverted back to Melee's. I understand U-throw has better utility but even still (this isn't a complaint). Additionally, I was wondering if there was any way for the fishbowl to be brought back perhaps as a z-air or A+B air. It was a cool move.

Also I think it'd be cool to give back Falcon's 64 F-smash to differentiate him from Ganon and have more range. Probably too late, but I wonder what you guys think of this idea.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
2.5 GW U-throw functions like a hybrid of the best aspects (release point, knockback, timings) of Melee D-throw & U-throw, while PM D-throw now synergizes well with early tech-chase DACUS kills.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You guys are going to enjoy today on smashboards :).

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
Not an oversight. I had several people that used the stage builder exploit to install homebrew that left it on that had freezes with the homebrew version. It doesn't add very much (considering almost all of the stages in PM are amazing) and caused freezes (provided, with some user error) so we didn't feel that it was worth including. If enough people show their support for it it might be included in the next release.
Out of curiosity, why would you want Brawl's custom stages?
Myself and the group of friends I play with created 4 custom stages way back in brawl days because the number of neutral and non-moving counter-pick stages was quite low. We continued to play on these stages during the brawl+ days and once again still enjoy playing on them in Project M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom