• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
I think Squirtle has the potential to be a consistent tourney threat.

Diddy and ZSS won't show their faces for a while because they require a bit more tech skill than Ivy and Squirtle.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
obviously the merged thread was a clear and present danger to the sanity of this forum -_- gg mods.

With all due respect, the other thread essentially was made to be a social thread, but with this thread being rebranded as a social thread, they were merged.

What's your issue lol.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
So I found out why my main Wii can't load Project M.

2.5 needs write-access to my SD card in order to load certain extra features. The inability for PM to load these features results in a crash. My Wii can no longer write to SD card, so it can't play Project M.

My other Wii is on the verge of just keeling over (it can't even boot straight to HBC from Bootmii, that's too tough for it, have to USB load to get games to work reasonably on it), so I really don't want to be stuck with that for the rest of PM.

It's sort of silly that these bonus features don't have failsafes for when the Wii can't write to the SD card, resulting in crashes. On top of that, there are no options I can use to not have to use these extra features. I love Project M but I simply have no way to reasonably play it. I might understand if writing was needed for some core gameplay mechanic... but it isn't in this case.

I spent maybe 15 hours figuring this out. Hopefully PMBR can bring a solution.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I do believe I just managed to injure my hand playing P:M. At the very least, my right hand hurts like a ***** right now.
Oh, and I still can't get Lucario's shield to work right. :c

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
so does anyone ever do weird things like me like sleep on a 36 hour schedule for a week with like 24 on 12 off?
I have like a 28 hour sleep schedule that is incompatible with most aspects of basic society. If you can even call it a sleep schedule.
Are you saying that you sleep for 24 hours
Pretty sure he's saying he's awake for 24 and sleeps for 12.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Diddy and ZSS won't show their faces for a while because they require a bit more tech skill than Ivy and Squirtle.
I personally think Squirts technical ceiling is much higher than Ivy's and is probably higher than ZSS' as well.

it goes further, and you couldn't really gimp people with it as well as you can now, if for no other reason than vBrawl chars all having ridonkulous recoveries.
Yeah, it also helps his recovery a whole BUNCH! His recovery is so flexible now, once he's within range of the ledge. You can sweetspot the ledge with the flip and if there are walls, he can just flip on over to the wall and wallcling/jump off of it. His wallcling lasts a while too, so he can stall pretty well with it as well as set up some pretty nasty offstage maneuvers. He's just capable of so much stuff! :bee:

Oh, and I still can't get Lucario's shield to work right. :c
You shouldn't really be shielding much with Lucario. Block one attack and get the heck out of there before that shield is broken or poked. The theme was supposed to be the ultimate offense is the best defense, I guess.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
leaf iirc was fooling around with Lucario textures/stuffs. Maybe that has caused this

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
leaf iirc was fooling around with Lucario textures/stuffs. Maybe that has caused this
Trust me, it didn't. The redownloaded Lucario files, untouched by me, did the exact same thing. In fact, I just tested the old 2.1 files and they did it, too. The only thing I see in common right now is the ft_lucario.rel, which wasn't even in 2.1. Can someone on the PMBR tell me what the module file for Lucario does?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
i did sleep for 18 hours just the other day tho. From 8 pm to 2 pm the next day lol

also someone in pmbr should make a technical support thread.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
You shouldn't really be shielding much with Lucario. Block one attack and get the heck out of there before that shield is broken or poked. The theme was supposed to be the ultimate offense is the best defense, I guess.
For the umpteenth time, the shield isn't supposed to work the way it is. 90% of the time, within the time it takes for the shield to spawn and immediately despawn (as in instantly letting go of shield), it will shatter. Dodging usually gets it broken, too.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
My Project M won't work, please someone help...

Ok, I installed 2.1 last time in every way, but my gamecube controller will not read project M on my wii at all. Only wiimotes/classic controllers work. I tried it again in 2.5 hoping that it would fix itself, but it has not, and my Project M copy works perfect on my friend's wii, but not mine. Please don't tell me to install/re-install because I've done it 2x for every installation configure, and it doesn't work. And I've looked for this issue on google & I've found several other people have this issue, but no solution :/

Ideas anyone? How can I fix this?
Help anyone?

How do you run P:M? Through Gecko, Riivolution, or Smash Stack?

Ike Dthrow on a lot of characters with bad DI is a free regrab. You almost always DI away from Ike, DI into Ike gets free hits and grabs.
I use hackless brawl, and I ran my download through the installer.

aaaaaaand the biggest SWF thread in the history of existance (did I say that right? I'm tired) comes to a close.

locking this thread, because NEW P:M FORUMS YEAAAAAAAAH.
Awesome

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
have you tried on a new SD card?
No, but I tried on my emulator, with the same results. And before you tell me to test a new SD card, keep in mind that I can't afford even the cheapest SD card right now, and only own one.

jalued

Smash Lord
No, but I tried on my emulator, with the same results. And before you tell me to test a new SD card, keep in mind that I can't afford even the cheapest SD card right now, and only own one.
ok well I found that my SD card from 2.1 (bought last year) had already corrupted. I got a new 2GB card for only £6 (around $9.75) so it may be worth just giving it a shot. Treat yourself :D

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
ok well I found that my SD card from 2.1 (bought last year) had already corrupted. I got a new 2GB card for only £6 (around $4) so it may be worth just giving it a shot. Treat yourself :D
Nearest place that sells them is a good 30 minute drive away (one-way), and I just can't afford the gas, let alone the card on top of that. I need to restress this: I am POOR.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Cheapest I can find is ~$9, not counting tax or shipping. And yes, that is out of my price range.

Can someone just upload their Lucario files to Mediafire or something and share them with me? I've redownloaded about 5 different times now, and it is NOT working.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
I personally think Squirts technical ceiling is much higher than Ivy's and is probably higher than ZSS' as well.
While I agree with you that Squirts technical ceiling is much higher than Ivy's, I think that ZSS's is on par or somewhat higher and Diddy's is way higher because of his bannanas. In order to be good with a character you must be capable of incorporating all of his traits and be capable of using all of its tricks efficiently. Diddy's major strength in Bawrl were his bannanagans, which no doubt will also play a large role on PM Diddiy's metagame, meaning that techs like AGT may become mandatory to use Diddy's full potential. Squirtle on the other hand only requires mastery of his slippery movement, he's not too easy to use, but not too hard to learn.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Hey guys, Go to event matches and pick an event that involves ICs in some way.

Play and proceed to lol

#ThePurpleBlurPopoTheScreenhog

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Anyone know if they have frame data out for newcomers?

I have been looking around and I can't find stuff for Ivy and such...

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Hey guys, Go to event matches and pick an event that involves ICs in some way.

Play and proceed to lol

#ThePurpleBlurPopoTheScreenhog
Game locked up for me when they should have spawned.

Get a picture :D

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Game locked up for me when they should have spawned.

Get a picture :D
Sadly, I cannot supply a picture.

But when I load the one where you play as zelda vs 2 ICs, a few seconds into the match, both ICs lose their second IC and a large popo colored blur covers about a third of the screen. But I can still play.

Also, when trying to play the one where you are required to be Poke trainer, the game crashes with a pweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom