• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNinja

Smash Ace
Ah ha! I figured out how to do the secret Ness taunt. Am I allowed to share? Oh and I know how to get Squirtle shades as well.

:phone:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
iirc, it was when getting a star KO, just uTaunt
squirtle secret taunt was iirc utaunt (or w/e taunt it was where he does the flip) and when he lands from the flip, press b

the glasses break when you get hit tho, that was kind of a disappointment, but cool regardless

blerb

Smash Journeyman
I know it's been mentioned but I figured I'd post anyway. I keep getting Mario and ZSS through random select. The past two matches were 1 Mario 2 ZSS and 3 ZSS. I know this was an issue in 2.0 as well, so I just wanted to point it out.

Also, I keep getting random soft freezes (I can still press the Home button) when picking a stage. That might be on my end though so I'll check back in a while and post again if I can't figure it out.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Press X just before you go off stage (or Y), then slide over A and press B to get a safe jump. Side B-> Up-B to do a special jump that is his best kill move when sweetspotted apparently.

Remember that B cancels the move

I know it would make sense if A canceled it too, but just remember it's B.

http://www.twitch.tv/kinklink5

I'll be streaming soon with a squirtle mobility lab.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Not an oversight. I had several people that used the stage builder exploit to install homebrew that left it on that had freezes with the homebrew version. It doesn't add very much (considering almost all of the stages in PM are amazing) and caused freezes (provided, with some user error) so we didn't feel that it was worth including. If enough people show their support for it it might be included in the next release.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I know it's way too soon to look for character ideas, but I want to get this idea out to see what other people think of this or if anyone thought of it already:
What if Luigi had a JC on his Fireball so he could approach with his wavedash? The extended range of his Fireball kind of seems to call for this.

Kati

Smash Lord
Moonwalking for samus/zss >_>

Are there any 2.5 tournaments coming up besides the side event at Apex..?

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
iirc, it was when getting a star KO, just uTaunt
squirtle secret taunt was iirc utaunt (or w/e taunt it was where he does the flip) and when he lands from the flip, press b

the glasses break when you get hit tho, that was kind of a disappointment, but cool regardless
Oh, cool, thanks! Gotta try this. :)

I hear they're just letting the best of the best test out the demo
That way we can see some high level play and the PMBR can get some good feed back
Although they won't be able to stream it live for us
Yeah, it's a top-16 invitational using 2.1 tournaments and stuff.
Are PMBR members still entering this bracket? If so, then I don't see what the point of getting "feedback" from it is when there won't really be much space for other good players to try out the game, especially high-level players who don't play a lot of P:M yet. Also, why are they using 2.1 when 2.5 is already out and they should be receiving feedback on that? :confused:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Oh, cool, thanks! Gotta try this. :)

Are PMBR members still entering this bracket? If so, then I don't see what the point of getting "feedback" from it is when there won't really be much space for other good players to try out the game, especially high-level players who don't play a lot of P:M yet. Also, why are they using 2.1 when 2.5 is already out and they should be receiving feedback on that? :confused:
I think you're misunderstanding. High level PM players (where being a "high level player" is based on results from 2.1 tournies) are being invited to play in the 2.5 tourney taking place at Apex.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
I think you're misunderstanding. High level PM players (where being a "high level player" is based on results from 2.1 tournies) are being invited to play in the 2.5 tourney taking place at Apex.
I'm sure there will be some highly placing PM 2.1 players, but I expect most invites will go to highly placing Melee players. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm hoping for.

`dazrin

Smash Champion

Are there any 2.5 tournaments coming up besides the side event at Apex..?
Well, Gameclucks in WA is happening thiscoming Saturday on Jan5, and players such as Silentwolf, Bladewise, Eggz, Toph, Gimpyfish, Yakal, myself, and perhaps some others. Should be a pretty interesting tournament, and one of the first 2.5 ones to boot :p

bubbaking

Smash Hero
There should also be the Xanadu Monthlies in Baltimore as well as some other stuff in MD/VA.

What if Luigi had a JC on his Fireball so he could approach with his wavedash? The extended range of his Fireball kind of seems to call for this.
Doesn't he move faster than the fireballs when he WDs? >_>
Not only that, I'm pretty sure Luigi can SH fireball > WL. He can also fireball > tornado (rise up a bit at the end) > aerial as a pretty decent approach. Oh, he can also do SH rising fireball > falling fireball and then WD along with his 'wall' of fireballs.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Well, tbh, I was talking about SH rising fireball and then WL while descending. Kinda like what Mario would do but with a SH instead of a FH.

I don't know much about it, but I think moonwalk proficiency has something to do with the initial dash length and the traction of the character. Giving Samus a good moonwalk would probably require screwing with her physics, which is undesirable.

Oh, I see. The way the original post was worded was a little confusing. It seemed like 2.1 was being used for the 16 man tourney. Still, I feel feedback would be more objective and useful with non-PMBR entrants, but that's my opinion.

I'm sure there will be some highly placing PM 2.1 players, but I expect most invites will go to highly placing Melee players. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm hoping for.
^Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. It would be nice if this game could be marketed to really good Melee players, since they'd probably be the best subjects for evaluating how well P:M feels compared to Melee, especially regarding Melee vets.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Yo ,are you supposed to be able to infinitely glide with zard? cuz kink is on his stream right now goign ham with fly just goign way above stage, and gliding back and forth. he only loses a bit of altititude with each glide, and he's just landing and flying back up. Kinda makes it crazy easy to play keep away.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Finally found the issue for why 2.5 doesn't work on my main Wii.

My SD card slot on my wii is so broken it can no longer write to my SD card, only read.

2.1 works just fine still, btw.

2.5 doesn't

So my question is what is 2.5 struggling to do where it would need write access to my SD card in order to load things right.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Yo ,are you supposed to be able to infinitely glide with zard? cuz kink is on his stream right now goign ham with fly just goign way above stage, and gliding back and forth. he only loses a bit of altititude with each glide, and he's just landing and flying back up. Kinda makes it crazy easy to play keep away.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
It's a rarity though. :ohwell: Standardtoaster is usually correct about these things and he's one of the few guys I believe truly understands Melee's (and P:M's) engine in most of its entirety, him and Magus. Not johning for him, just saying that one piece of misinformation was extremely irregular and highly unlikely to happen again.

#GoToBedLeelue

abcool

Smash Ace
PMBR, is the input lag fixed on the wifi built because online doesn't seem to have the button input lag like before. I just want to confirm this before i go around with misinformation. If it isn't why is the online so much smoother?

Magus420

Smash Master
It is in the wifi build. I don't know if by how much it applied in wifi matches though to say how much was reduced.

Zard isn't supposed to be able to glide infinitely btw. The 1 use per airtime limit he had stopped working less than 2 weeks ago and wasn't noticed since it's been that way for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom