• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Haha, thanks Leelue ^///^

In other news.. the first ever demo 2.5 tournament has already been scheduled for December 29th (assuming we don't all die).

[COLLAPSE="Salty Saturdaze"]

The next BC Project M tournament, Salty SaturDaze, will be a Demo 2.5 tournament hosted on Saturday, December 29th, 2012.

DO NOT MISS IT! Project M Demo 2.5 has many great balance changes, design tweaks, new content, engine upgrades, and additional aesthetic surprises that really boost the overall feel of the game. Additionally, this will be the FIRST ever Project M Demo 2.5 tournament, so make your way down to BC or http://twitch.tv/dazee_ and be a part of the launch of Demo 2.5!

Check out the tournament thread here!
[/COLLAPSE]

Yeah I originally made that just for our regional thread, but I figured I'd just throw it in here hoping for that small chance people would be interested. :p

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hello everyone,

As most of you know, the Smash tournament, APEX 2013, is fast approaching. Check out their website for more details. Each Smash game, even Smash 64, has their place in this tournament of tournaments, and people from all over the world are traveling there to compete to be the best. But where does Project M fit in among all of this? Unfortunately, a full-blown open-entry tournament simply isn't possible for us, but we've got something that is possibly even better.

APEX 2013

Invitational Project M Tournament

APEX 2013 will be featuring a special invite-only, 16-Man Double-Elimination Bracket for Project M Demo 2.5. With this format, we'll be able to see the world's top players put their skills to the test against each other in the new demo version, set to release on December 28th of this year. We will not be able to livestream it, but we will record every single match to make sure none of this extremely high level play is missed by you guys!

But that's not all. To give these special players incentive to try their hardest, a few unique prizes are available for the finalists to play for! All prizes are for 1st place.

1. A free APEX OCRemix album!
2. A Project M T-Shirt with your name on the back of it!
3. A Trophy/Plaque with your name on it (possibly)! [Details of this are still being worked out!]

Invites will be sent out within the next couple days. We should have the finalized roster of 16 players within two weeks!

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Pretty cool Idea.

Will this feature the best 16 PM 2.1 players only? The best in PM 2.1 and Melee, The best in PM 2.5(that only a few have played), or the best 16 according to results?...or the best 16 PM players according to who's going to Apex? or the best 16 at PM and Melee who are going to Apex?

yes I am just being a ****head.

on a serious note: depending on who the 16 are this could be very exciting. It could also be very stupid depending on how the matches turn out visibly...I have no idea how well some of the new characters will do but ZSS looks cheap as ****. We all know how everyone felt about Ike...GrandFinals being Ike Dittos would be more damaging than beneficial but somehow I don't see it happening in 2.5 Good luck to whoever gets invited. Too bad this couldn't be an official tournament like FC because that **** was hype as ****! Hopefully this can generate even more hype. :)

Oracle

Smash Master
So who would likely be in it?
Armada
leffen
hbox
darkrain
chad
axe
vro
kage
eli
metroid
rat
kels
strongbad
fly
nintendude

I think wizzrobe, reflex, and sethlon would make for really good dark horse picks, given that they're really good but don't travel (assuming they do go to apex)

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
So after the release of 2.5, are we going to see more character discussion updates of other 2.1 vets that have changed? Or are the ones that are already done the only ones we'll be seeing?

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
So who comes up with the ideas like the new stage striking thing? Is it a group thought or someone randomly is like "Let's make stage striking easier!" I'm so hyped for it though lol

Which new (and improved) characters are bringing in the most hype??

McNinja

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Wizzrobe is confirmed to go to Apex. But he was expecting 2.1 so idk if he would be interested in the 16 man bracket if it's 2.5.

:phone:

`dazrin

Smash Champion
So who comes up with the ideas like the new stage striking thing? Is it a group thought or someone randomly is like "Let's make stage striking easier!" I'm so hyped for it though lol

Which new (and improved) characters are bringing in the most hype??
Basically new ideas come about by a member randomly saying something in IRC like, "hey wouldn't it be cool if X did Y?" and then like 5 minutes later some wizard will make a thread saying that it's been done or something.
Either that, or wizards just randomly poof things into existence and drop the jaws of the rest of the PMBR members. Or like, they'll find/ do things by accident- which was pretty much the case for stagestriking.

Damn wizards.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Does the AI not know how to DI upwards? I can pin one against a wall with Sheik's multijab and they will literally NEVER get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom