• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
To Daze and the other Project M tournament organizers: Will you guys fit in a streamed crew battle in addition to the regular matches.

If you guys are short on time at this venue, you could always cut down on the number of stocks being fought over which means less matches.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
Bring back Gale Boomerang. Someone in the stream yesterday had the genius idea to make it so that Link can shoot the Gale Boomerang by pressing side A+B. Alternatively, you could do up taunt or something to go in gale boomerang mode or hold R while in select to start in it. Or both.

Gale boomerang.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Bring back Gale Boomerang. Someone in the stream yesterday had the genius idea to make it so that Link can shoot the Gale Boomerang by pressing side A+B. Alternatively, you could do up taunt or something to go in gale boomerang mode or hold R while in select to start in it. Or both.

Gale boomerang.
So give Link yet another projectile, for a character who doesn't need it, for a move nobody liked, and make the A+B input less unique as a result too?

No, no thank you.

Internalyzed

Smash Apprentice

Gale boomerang.
I second this motion.

leelue

Smash Lord
I don't think that diluting the pristine nature of A+B is a good argument, but the rest I'm fine with.

Actually, I don't even think that the "character doesnt need" it argument works extremely well here since the move is usually less useful than regular boomarang. It almost qualifies as an Easter egg...

Gale boomarang edgeguards would be INSANITY hype.

I think the best argument against these ideas is an anticomplexity argument.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
So give Link yet another projectile, for a character who doesn't need it, for a move nobody liked, and make the A+B input less unique as a result too?

No, no thank you.
-A generally less useful variation of a projectile he already has.

-Saying "____ doesn't need a move" is meaningless. The point is the added option can be valuable and that it is neither detrimental for the character or the game. Look at how TL was given a bunch of neat tricks.

-Nobody liked using it or fighting against it? I thoroughly enjoyed both, and I've heard many people agree it was one of the most interesting moves in Brawl, and it also had its utilities.

-Such a sacrifice to add non-obtrusive variety to a game. Keeping the A+B input rare must be important.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
I think the best argument against these ideas is an anticomplexity argument.
It's not much of a complex change, and most characters already count with tricks and mechanics more complex than this.

Also, in Brawl, Link was a very complex character. I'm sure many Brawl/melee hybrid players that used him would appreciate having some of the aspects they of him back in P:M.

If you guys don't like him using A+B, make him use B+Uptaunt or something. lawl

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Mario needs FLUDD back now that somebody suggested it, even though it's not very useful and he has a ton of tricks at his disposal already. Because I liked it in Brawl, that's why. Think of it as a crappy easter egg!

it's really a pressing issue for his metagame variety right now, if it isn't argue why I'm wrong for a few dozen posts back and forth. Yawn.

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
Mario needs FLUDD back now that somebody suggested it, even though it's not very useful and he has a ton of tricks at his disposal already. Because I liked it in Brawl, that's why. Think of it as a crappy easter egg!

it's really a pressing issue for his metagame variety right now, if it isn't argue why I'm wrong for a few dozen posts back and forth. Yawn.
... nope:)

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman

it's really a pressing issue for his metagame variety right now, if it isn't argue why I'm wrong for a few dozen posts back and forth. *Yawn.*
^lol you internet kids and your "cool" roleplaying

I felt stumped there for a second, but good thing I'm good at thinking.

Compared to the Gale Boomerang, the FLUDD is too complicated. It requires charging and is just an entirely different move, while the Gale boomerang is just simply a variation of a move he already has. Moreover, I also use Mario in melee and I used Mario in Brawl for a while, and the FLUDD added absolutely nothing to his moveset, unlike the Gale Boomerang.

A better analogy would be to give Mario's fireball a secondary arch just like Doc's. And that's something I would not object to.

Also think about the sick, hype applications for it.

Gale boomerang.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
To Daze and the other Project M tournament organizers: Will you guys fit in a streamed crew battle in addition to the regular matches.

If you guys are short on time at this venue, you could always cut down on the number of stocks being fought over which means less matches.
I will try to organize a crew battle event on the 29th at Salty Saturdaze, the first demo 2.5 tournament ever. :O

There should be enough time to run it.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I will try to organize a crew battle event on the 29th at Salty Saturdaze, the first demo 2.5 tournament ever. :O

There should be enough time to run it.
Colorado is actually hosting a P:M tournament (alongside vBrawl) on the same day, as well, FYI. (And it's starting 1.5 hours before yours, so theirs is technically the first. ;)) But I'm totally more hyped about yours!

And it's unfortunate that the Apex Invitational won't be able to be streamed. :( Any particular reason why?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Make sure to time how long the crew battle takes, just to see how long the crew mode makes things compared to a Melee one.

Then you can advertise the time saved like an infomercial.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Because anyone paying attention still takes Mayapocalypse 2012 seriously
Because anyone with an IQ over 50 takes Mayapocalypse seriously
But come on, there's not gonna be another chance like this. This is THE big doomsday prediction. May as well ham it up while the opportunity is there.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Colorado is actually hosting a P:M tournament (alongside vBrawl) on the same day, as well, FYI. (And it's starting 1.5 hours before yours, so theirs is technically the first. ;)) But I'm totally more hyped about yours!

And it's unfortunate that the Apex Invitational won't be able to be streamed. :( Any particular reason why?
We'll just say that mine is the first legit PM tournament then >.>"
Cuz gimpyfish may be there and STREAM. :p

Apex isn't allowing ProjectM to be advertised at their tournament because Alex Strife did not give permission for us to do so. Probably sponsorship issues.

But y'all should bug him to get PM streamable :p

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Because anyone with an IQ over 50 takes Mayapocalypse seriously
But come on, there's not gonna be another chance like this. This is THE big doomsday prediction. May as well ham it up while the opportunity is there.
... you think this is the only "doomsday" ever? Hell no. We already did Y2K, there was some kind of other thing related to Y2K that happened later (it was less hyped). Then there was a few months ago when the rapture was supposed to happen. Now we've got this dumb thing. Anybody with an IQ over 50 is specifically NOT taking it seriously. This isn't the first time the "end of the world" was supposed to happen. It won't be the last.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
... you think this is the only "doomsday" ever? Hell no. We already did Y2K, there was some kind of other thing related to Y2K that happened later (it was less hyped). Then there was a few months ago when the rapture was supposed to happen. Now we've got this dumb thing. Anybody with an IQ over 50 is specifically NOT taking it seriously. This isn't the first time the "end of the world" was supposed to happen. It won't be the last.
We all know this. We all understand it's fake like Christmas, and nobody is taking it seriously.

What IS happening is people are being romantic about it. We're playing pretend, and letting our imaginations flow. This particular end of the world date was much more hyped than the previous, except probably Y2k. Also, the concept of this end of the world prediction is much more different than Y2k (the latter was too technological).

That's it. Stupid people believe it, probably. Us? We're celebrating it out of romanticism, fun, and perhaps bitterness towards the actual stupid people.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
We all know this. We all understand it's fake like Christmas, and nobody is taking it seriously.

What IS happening is people are being romantic about it. We're playing pretend, and letting our imaginations flow. This particular end of the world date was much more hyped than the previous, except probably Y2k. Also, the concept of this end of the world prediction is much more different than Y2k (the latter was too technological).

That's it. Stupid people believe it, probably. Us? We're celebrating it out of romanticism, fun, and perhaps bitterness towards the actual stupid people.
There are plenty of people who take this occasion and do psychotic things. My FB wall is flooded with that kind of ****. People are insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom