• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Was I in that one? :ohwell:

I am going to release a music pack, Similar to JCaesar, built with Project M in Mind.

Im planning to release it on Christmas, December 25th. Here is a preview link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbEGDvijLZs

Any requests: PM Me before monday.
Perhaps we should all do that. Share our tastes in music. :p Where are you releasing yours?

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I was told to bring up my character ideas by a certain BR member, but I dont know where to post them.
Feel free to PM me on smashmods any questions or concerns you may have.

LOL

Dazee_: They have not got up to go to the toilet, eaten anything or drank anything in the last 24 hours. I am legitimately worried.

edit: We would soooo totally smash you NY guys' record if Prof didn't always turn up after 6pm. =D
How long did you guys end up streaming for after I left?

`dazrin

Smash Champion
So, how's everyone enjoying their doomsday so far?

Seems like 2.5 saved the world; good ****, PMBR.
Yeah apparently the sun had a coding issue and was set to explode today...

I guess Magus, InternetExplorer and Dantarion all just felt like *allowing us to remain* living for another 65-70 years or so.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
"allowing us to stay", as in we humans while they reside on Mount Ganondorf

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Goddamnit.

:V

Surprise! We were never working on 2.5 in the first place! It was all a sham!

:troll:I'm just kidding, by the way. Can't wait for the 28th. ^_^

rifall

Smash Cadet
Was I in that one? :ohwell:

Perhaps we should all do that. Share our tastes in music. :p Where are you releasing yours?
I'll be making my pack available for free on Mediafire. And, by extension, Brawl Vault. I have a pretty nice variety, but Input from others is still welcome. There are still loads of tracks that can be replaced.

:phone:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You can't do it at all, Reflex?

I could see having some trouble with it, like getting GnW's is pretty hard sometimes.
I can't do it at all, despite my being able to do it in Brawl with little trouble. I can do Brawl Sheik's DACUS fairly consistently, but I can't do Wario's in PM, despite the fact that the only difference between them (as far as I know) is that I have an extra frame to do PM Wario's. :/

I know it's not specific to the character, as many other people can do it consistently in PM. I just feel like there's some difference I'm missing that I don't get (and it's not buffering, since you can't buffer Brawl Sheik's).

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Ah, I see. Hm... first I would try to get the timing for Falco's down. His is probably the easiest for me to get down from all of the P:M cast. To try to simulate the Brawl, try to ledgehop double laser into it. :v

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
the difference is the lack of buffer, AKA the game isn't fixing your timing errors for you anymore. Wario's might have either a 1 or 2 frame window now. If it's one, you'll have to use A or another button set to attack instead of z (or w/e you use to grab). If it's two, using Z will only allow you one frame to do it. Subtract 3 from his P:M jumptart, w/e that is, and that's the window for his DACUS in P:M, rather than having 10 extra frames as in brawl.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Because there's one frame during which a dash attack will cancel into a grab. If you use z with character with a 4 frame jumpstart, they only get one frame to cancel into either a grab or a DACUS, and the grab wil take priority if you use z. Same applies for 5 frame jumpstart characters, except that they have an extra frame after (or before? not sure) that the dash won't be canceled into a grab and so does a DACUS because that's the only thing that can happen.

EDIT: If you don't understand, ask magus, he understands this stuff better.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You can't buffer Brawl Sheik's DACUS, and I can do that roughly half the time. It's clearly not the buffer that's the issue.

Also, even when using buffer, I can't do it in PM, further pushing the point home.

EDIT: http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-4913-post-103706.html#pid103706

I understand what this is saying, but based on that, I should just have one more frame to work with compared to Brawl Sheik, so I should be able to get it at least some of the time.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I DACUS with Wario, Ganon, and Snake the same way;
dash -> down-Cstick -> up + Z

And I get it like 75% of the time due to my wackness
I normally set my R to Attack and do Dash -> C-Stick Down -> Up+R. I've tried Z, A, and all these other methods people mention, but it doesn't seem to help.

Seeing as how I've messed with this non-stop for almost an hour just now, I figured it would be good to ask around instead of just accepting that I'm destined to be bad in PM. >_>

FRENUM

Smash Cadet
I normally set my R to Attack and do Dash -> C-Stick Down -> Up+R. I've tried Z, A, and all these other methods people mention, but it doesn't seem to help.

Seeing as how I've messed with this non-stop for almost an hour just now, I figured it would be good to ask around instead of just accepting that I'm destined to be bad in PM. >_>
practice with lucas. his is easiest to do. work your way up to wario

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
im sure this thread confirms that im the only person who dacus's with only c-stick in the universe ;w;

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
c-stick down then c-stick up :V

thats how i learned to do snakes dacus in brawl, after a few weeks of getting used to it, i was able to do Gatling combo with falco using only c-stick (without hitting the opponent), links dacus, puffs dacus, and i was able to do it with sheik once.

I can do PM dacus with this method with lucas, ganon, and i get it like, 1 out of 20 tries with marth

Internalyzed

Smash Apprentice
You can do Gatling combo without hitting the opponent? I always thought hitting something was a requirement. :confused:
I think it's because the extra hitlag gives you more frames to input the up smash or something. But it's true: while it's more difficult to Gatling without hitting anything, it is possible.

Besides the ones who already benefit from it in Brawl, what characters benefit from their DACUS in PM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom