• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
every character can technically DACUS in Brawl. It's just that a lot of characters don't really get a benefit from it. In fact, some characters get less distance from DACUS than they do from running Usmash.

Like, I know you can do a DACUS input with Ike, but because the begining of his DA is the same as his Dash, it ends up beign the same.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
every character can technically DACUS in Brawl. It's just that a lot of characters don't really get a benefit from it. In fact, some characters get less distance from DACUS than they do from running Usmash.

Like, I know you can do a DACUS input with Ike, but because the begining of his DA is the same as his Dash, it ends up beign the same.
i should clarify, i meant that i dont think lucas had a useful dacus lmao

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
project m project m project m project m project m project m project m project m project m project m project m project m project m project m project m project m project m project m project m project m

just sayin

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I don't know specifically, but whenever I use Lucas l always do running usmash. I think his DACUS was pretty butt in vBrawl.

I honestly did not know you could still DACUS in PM. I may have to start doing it.

Internalyzed

Smash Apprentice
You can still DACUS, but I think the timing's a bit tighter, and it's less useful for certain characters because of friction changes and the like. For example, Snake's DACUS doesn't go as far, nor is it as easy to perform as in vBrawl IMO.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Most DACUS's are more difficult than they were in vBrawl because of lack of buffer and whatnot. It was much easier to do a DACUS from a standing position in vBrawl. Usually when I want to do it in P:M, I have to get a little bit of a running start. I find that it's good for TCs, especially when you're below a plat that the opponent is teching on, and catching rolls, especially with chars who have longer lasting usmashes (Ganon, Lucas) or usmashes that cover themselves (Snake). Snake still has one of the longest DACUS's in the game and it's still useful for getting to the ledge quickly for an edgeguard and a lot of the other stuff it was good for in vBrawl.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I do not have PM, all I've had is vBrawl. Only ever played PM at my buddy's house.

Literally just picked up a 2GB SD card tho, so now I just need 2.5 to come out and it'll be fun times!

Hype

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Well, Snake and Wario benefit in both. I don't know how good Lucas' DACUS is in vBrawl, but I know it's really good in P:M.

Is a BDACUS a Gatling Combo?
No, it's a DACUS that is buffered, allowing the U-Smash to cover a greater distance than would otherwise be possible.

Sheik is an exception to the rule, though.

Oracle

Smash Master
Reflex I assume you're trying to do it with wario. His has pretty tight timing. Also, the timing for canceling into the upsmash is different for all characters, so just mess around until you get it. What method do you use?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Reflex I assume you're trying to do it with wario. His has pretty tight timing. Also, the timing for canceling into the upsmash is different for all characters, so just mess around until you get it. What method do you use?
I normally set my R to Attack and do Dash -> C-Stick Down -> Up+R. I've tried Z, A, and all these other methods people mention, but it doesn't seem to help.

Seeing as how I've messed with this non-stop for almost an hour just now, I figured it would be good to ask around instead of just accepting that I'm destined to be bad in PM. >_>
There you go. :(

Oracle

Smash Master
Sorry didn't see that one haha. I guess just keep trying to do it faster. When I learned it with wario i would just do the inputs faster each time I messed up.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
It may just be how you mentally prioritize hitting R when performing DACUS. Whenever I use claw + C-stick + A method -- super easy to shift from that position to neutral again, btw -- I tend to find more success when bashing my finger down on A. It might just be psychological, but by pinpointing where the bunt of the failures is and subsequently placing a bit of thought into that process -- giving it a bit of extra physical attention, in my case -- could substantially increase the success rate of a certain tech.

Life

Smash Hero
I could never get the hang of cstick only DACUS. I always did :stick6:, :cstick2:, :stick8:+:zbutton: in rapid succession. I could almost tell beforehand whether I'd get the DACUS or not.

Is anyone streaming right now?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Magus helped me figure it out--I was doing it too fast, because PM registers light presses of R rather than the full click.

I got it.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I claw to dacus. Don't even know how to do it with z lol.

:phone:

McNinja

Smash Ace
So does the pmbr actually have some sort of a schedule for updates, like do they have it planned out? Or are they just releasing updates whenever they feel like it?

Internalyzed

Smash Apprentice
Probably the latter, as they haven't really stuck to any schedule afaik. The only confirmed update as of now is the release of demo v2.5 on December 28, 2012.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
So does the pmbr actually have some sort of a schedule for updates, like do they have it planned out? Or are they just releasing updates whenever they feel like it?

They update when they feel like it. If they have something that's ready to be added, they let us know, but it's not like there's any need to rush it. They aren't getting paid to work on it, and they won't make money when it's released. So why would they make a longterm schedule to put pressure on themselves?

McNinja

Smash Ace
Aight yeah that makes sense. I'm not upset or anything. I was just legitamately curious. I wonder how many more updates there will be though considering the release date is so close...

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
at the very least, there's still another Roster addition left to be announced. Can't imagine there's anything else though, since it's only about another week away.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
There's the final character announcement as well as an Aesthetics Pt.2, so there will be at least two more. If we're lucky, they'll surprise us with a third update with something great!

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
If samus gets to keep her taunt transform does ZSS get to keep the suit piece items from that taunt? That'd be a nice reward for pulling it off in a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom