• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Sounds like your main concern is ganons landing detection. Thats the reason it doesn't penetrate platforms as much and you probably had more difficulty wavelanding as well?
yeah, thats probably most of it. i just feel like with ganon's dair in melee, theres a noticable extension of the legs when he's falling, which is why ganon can actually space a hitbox of dair below a persons shield when he does it right. I literally feel like his legs aren't as long, so when i dair oos, which i do a lot in friendlies, it feels like nothing happens.

and yeah, if its possible to waveland horizontally on platforms, i couldn't find it. it's probably with that landing detection though.

also, as odd as this may sound, i space with moonwalks fairly often. keeps me facing the same direction while still moving in the other direction like an extension of a waveland. in any case, will moonwalks be added to other characters than falcon?

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
No they didn't, but i'm sure you knew that.

in my opinion the lcancel flash is an amazing addition. Helps newer players KNOW for fact that they're l cancelling, helps them learn, and it just looks 'flashy' :p

Also PMBR sorry i haven't been updating recently, my laptop broke while on a trip recently. I'll get it going soon enough

edit- also been reading the last few pages, and god **** there's alot of drama. Imagine how much of this arguing and debate would be avoided if they just never stated they wanted it like melee but instead just did it how they are without stating the goal. That way, they could all build the game how they wanted without people saying you can't cause melee this or that :p

jus' sayin

humble

Smash Ace
I'm gonna miss the thunderstomp. Of course melee ganon is amazing, but I always felt that dair was one of the few moves I liked better in brawl ganon, along with side-B.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Finally got a chance to play. Imo, Wolf was Melee-ified flawlessly. Definitely noticed a lack of invincibility on the Shine, but it's a fair trade off for how powerful it is now. I'm so used to Brawl Wolf, that 10 frame buffering was mandatory for me.

Also played a good amount of Ganon and he feels GREAT to me, but Melee purists would probably have an issue or two.

shanus

Smash Hero
From the OP:

Can I hassle you to get a test version of this?
No, and if you do, I especially won't give you it lol.
But, to expand on this: I get on average 3-4 PMs a day from individuals requesting beta access. We have a fairly beefy team and are really only looking for individuals with extensive coding experience or are true professional melee players at this point with a strong sense of balance and game design.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Finally got a chance to play. Imo, Wolf was Melee-ified flawlessly. Definitely noticed a lack of invincibility on the Shine, but it's a fair trade off for how powerful it is now. I'm so used to Brawl Wolf, that 10 frame buffering was mandatory for me.

Also played a good amount of Ganon and he feels GREAT to me, but Melee purists would probably have an issue or two.
I'm sure you know already but did you try wolf's landing shines or his JC lasers? pretty cool stuff,

hm, there should be a board or something that has every character listed and by them how they've been changed/revamped or whatever, by that I don't mean the minor changes, but things like Wolfs JC lasers and landing shines are important. Maybe it's too soon in the project for that but I think it'd be really informative for people just following the videos and project;m itself.

maybe there already is one? :embarrass

humble

Smash Ace
I'm sure you know already but did you try wolf's landing shines or his JC lasers? pretty cool stuff,

hm, there should be a board or something that has every character listed and by them how they've been changed/revamped or whatever. Maybe it's too soon in the project for that but I think it'd be really informative for people just following the videos and project;m itself.

That's called a changelist, and insofar as I know there currently isn't one.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master

hm, there should be a board or something that has every character listed and by them how they've been changed/revamped or whatever. Maybe it's too soon in the project for that but I think it'd be really informative for people just following the videos and project;m itself.

Yup, landing Shine and JC are great. They upped his pressure game substantially.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
That's called a changelist, and insofar as I know there currently isn't one.
Yeah but I think a changelist is more so every single detail changed such as KB, %dmg, and so many other things that doesn't need to be mentioned to someone that just wants to know major changes about each character, that could change the entire style of play. yaaa know?

of course everything thats changed will change a style of play, I dunno how else to phrase it lol.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
there's a flash in melee when you fastfall
clearly having a flash upon successful l-cancel is TOO ALIEN TO THIS PROJECT'S MISSION STATEMENT

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
What I think Ivy needs is a better way to draw opponents in. She's already amazing at defense and keeping people away, but she needs to be able to get people closer to her.

I like the idea of slightly more startup on a bair that draws people in.
I think her dair should still spike people/push them away.
I think her up tilt should send opponents at a little bit of an angle as opposed straight upwards.
Her down tilt should pop people up more to set up for nairs.
Her nair should NOT, I repeat, NOT spike people/ or act like Falco's fair AT ALL. I think it should be like Peach's nair where it's only 1 spin and knocks the opponent sideways and very slightly upwards.

EDIT: the rest of the spins on the nair (the ones after the first spin) could be sex kicks that knock the opponent up or something, idk.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
still thinking that we should **** all brawl characters until melee chars have been meleefied (mostly physics-wise).

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I know everyone is looking forward to more M2K vids (they are soooo good), and Cuba says there will be some more coming, but in the meantime, I'm uploading some matches I had with a sick Melee Ganon player, so y'all can pass the time: http://www.youtube.com/user/JCaesar007. They should all be up in the next few hours.

humble

Smash Ace
What I think Ivy needs is a better way to draw opponents in. She's already amazing at defense and keeping people away, but she needs to be able to get people closer to her.

I like the idea of slightly more startup on a bair that draws people in.
I think her dair should still spike people/push them away.
I think her up tilt should send opponents at a little bit of an angle as opposed straight upwards.
Her down tilt should pop people up more to set up for nairs.
Her nair should NOT, I repeat, NOT spike people/ or act like Falco's fair AT ALL. I think it should be like Peach's nair where it's only 1 spin and knocks the opponent sideways and very slightly upwards.

EDIT: the rest of the spins on the nair (the ones after the first spin) could be sex kicks that knock the opponent up or something, idk.
Have...have you ever played ivysaur? Nair is one of her greatest moves, it's amazing as is. Aside from that, I agree with the rest of your post.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
i can see it helping people new to melee but i hardly think melee vets need the flash

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
questions.. first is link going to be able to have infinite bombs? stupid limit of 2 is stupid. it's pointless too.

second.. are you guys gonna fix falcon's walljump animation to not look so.. i would say homo but i'll use the word "weak". seriously the melee one looked a million times better and the brawl one is just bad e.e

jw.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I know everyone is looking forward to more M2K vids (they are soooo good), and Cuba says there will be some more coming, but in the meantime, I'm uploading some matches I had with a sick Melee Ganon player, so y'all can pass the time: http://www.youtube.com/user/JCaesar007. They should all be up in the next few hours.
Very nice footage, JCaesar.

However, after watching those vids I am definitely going to be using PM's optional FX pack, Marth's sword vbrawl fx just doesn't sound like a slash at all.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
can cstick buffer spotdodges as well during shield
yes. it can also buffer jumps. hold r/l and down on the cstick and it'll spotdodge at the quickest rate possible. same with rolling and jumping.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Hi, noobish question here but can someone explain how you got Falco's Melee moves into Brawl? I'm digging Project M and am rather befuddled about how you did it. Thanks. :)

Also, is Roy going to be in this? :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom