• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
lol. wow. I can't believe I said "melee" dreamland. I guess it didn't phase me when I typed it, all well, its an honest mistake.

No need for L/A/W to be a douche though. No offense.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
This thread was posted on 1-07-10. From today, that was about 189 days ago (with some slight margin of error) and this is the 8008th post (with 201 pages on the highest page count). The average amount of posts per day is 42 rounded down.

So yeah, that's pretty **** good.

humble

Smash Ace
Okay, for the recoveries that might be changed, lets approach this in a divergent manner; what are all the possible ways to make the characters recover? Right now I think the characters that might get new recoveries are Pit, ROB, Olimar, and Ivysaur, possibly ZSS?

Ways to recover-
1- Linear travel vertically (Marth, Mario, etc.)
2- Travel on a trajectory that varies based on input (Lucario, Pikachu, etc.)
3- Travel in a primarily horizontal fashion (DK, Bowser, etc.)
4- Travel in a parabolic fashion (Kirby, Ike, etc.)
5- Travel using jumps solely (Yoshi, Jigglypuff, etc.)
6- Travel using tethers (Olimar, Ivysaur, etc.)
7- Travel freely based on inputs (Pit, ROB, etc.)

These are all the standard manners of recovery in brawl- what are some other alternatives?

bleyva

Smash Ace
These are all the standard manners of recovery in brawl- what are some other alternatives?
maybe its just me, but i think it would be funny as hell if olimar or ivysaur were given the wario bike

Voodoo Daddy

Smash Journeyman
Olimar should get a helicopter dependent on how many pikmin (hard I know, but it would look cool)
his forward b should b his up b
and his forward smash should be a mixture of his forward smash and forward b
namely white pikmin still poison.

humble

Smash Ace
Olimar should get a helicopter dependent on how many pikmin (hard I know, but it would look cool) he has
and his up be should be his forward b with his forward smash being a mixture of forward b and his current smash.
I understand the Helicopter concept, and it is plausible and interesting. However the rest of your post is befuddling and difficult to read- wouldn't you simply replace his tether with the helicopter? I'm not sure what you are attempting to say.

humble

Smash Ace
Random suggestion:

Olimar gets the same recover as Diddy, where he charges up and then blasts off in his ship from his final smash (though shrunk down to the appropriate size) which would be essentially the same as diddy's.

And Ivysaur rotates her leaves like in her taunt rapidly to fly, creating hitboxes above and to the side of her which hit in a rapid manner similar to her ftilt, performing the ivycopter everyone secretly wishes they had. Acts similar to snakes recovery, however with greater horizontal control and less vertical gain.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
That second one is in Brawl minus.

WTF?

I suggest vinecopter and you're like "lol Brawl- you're stupid" and then this kid comes in and is like "OLICOPTER **** YEAH" and you're all "Oh **** that would be epic"
Oli doesn't have a copter in minus so we're good :B

Voodoo Daddy

Smash Journeyman
What i meant is olimar joins hands with the pikmin and spins, sort of like links spin attack from n64 and ice climbers forward b. Easy to get back on the stage hard to grab the ledge.

on second thought his forward b should go straight and be able to be angled... so he can finish combos.

Also... can we get black and white teams... PLEEEEEEEEEEASE!

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
There are alot of things in Brawl Minus, and you shouldn't discount something simply because its present in another project- Judge the idea on its own merits and validity.
Judging how the projects have such contrasted goals and methods, and the moral problems with ripping off of another project, I would say it's a bad idea.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
could probably use the oli up tilt or w/e animation with pikmin in his hands for that <_>

wait.. idgaf about olimar why the hell am i saying anything? o.O

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Judging how the projects have such contrasted goals and methods, and the moral problems with ripping off of another project, I would say it's a bad idea.
Um lol.

I thought you were against the idea itself; I didn't realize you were only against "ripping off" ideas from other projects. Even if I had gotten the idea from B- (I didn't even know they made it when I first suggested it) "ripping off" ideas is the foundation of open source communities. Both Brawl+ and Brawl- have used tons of things Shanus wrote for this project, and our entire project itself rips off as much as it possibly can from Melee. I'm really not seeing any sort of moral dilemma here.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
^lol, omfg, we were completely unawares!!!11!

if someone had a problem with us using something we wouldn't.

vectorace

Smash Cadet
i have a question for some devs.

can i put some of the combos from the PM alphas in a video called if sakurai wasnt a giant %@#$#

ill explain all the details about how its in alpha and such

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
if someone had a problem with us using something we wouldn't.
I would, if it was a good idea. No one has a copyright on this ****, and that goes for my ideas too. Hell, I'd take it as a compliment.

i have a question for some devs.

can i put some of the combos from the PM alphas in a video called if sakurai wasnt a giant %@#$#

ill explain all the details about how its in alpha and such
Uh, if you mean of the publicly released videos, knock yourself out. If you mean recording new footage from an alpha that you somehow obtained, I'd rather you didn't.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom