• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
That reminds me

Am I the only one that is bothered by how long it takes Pit to do what seems like nothing after a dthrow? I get thrown off a lot by how long the cooldown is after the actual throw because he looks like he should be able to move sooner then he can.

Was this on purpose to limit his options after dthrow?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
That reminds me

Am I the only one that is bothered by how long it takes Pit to do what seems like nothing after a dthrow? I get thrown off a lot by how long the cooldown is after the actual throw because he looks like he should be able to move sooner then he can.

Was this on purpose to limit his options after dthrow?
I was annoyed by it and I think it would help alot in terms of setting up alot of his best moves like Up-B sweet spot kills...but I've learned to live with it.

I'm pretty sure they wanted to avoid making Pit into Sheik number 2 after it took them so much work to avoid making Sheik as gay.

iLink

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure they wanted to avoid making Pit into Sheik number 2 after it took them so much work to avoid making Sheik as gay.
Ganon seems more guilty of that title in that regard.

Half the time it doesnt even look like pit can regrab but the cool down just seems unnatural and messes up followups more then it should IMO.

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
FC is like 10 hrs (without stops.... which isn't happening) for me and I'm in the MW. LOL

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
South Bend is like 400 miles away.

Ignoring that I don't drive, that's a 7 hour drive there and back. It isn't like the East Coast were everything is within 200 miles of New York.

/transit johns
Yeroc and I drove to Zenith. 500 miles. Nine hours. About $20 in tolls. $60 in gas.

Stop complaining.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
How can you not go to FC even with 10 hours drive.. fail!!!

I remember back in the day, some of my friends said they took a bus from MTL to FC.. it took almost 1 day completely.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Lolol alright guys, back on topic please. Don't want this getting locked because of some funny gifs.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
lol people complain about driving.

you don't even live on another hemisphere.
I fully support this statement. Do you guys know how hard it is to get anywhere from New Zealand? It's a 13 hour flight just to LA, forget getting to FC.

Fortunately I don't live there anymore, since I'm pretty sure there's no smash scene there.

iLink

Smash Champion
Can someone tell me the exact mechanics of luigi's misfire? I just played a friend who got 3 misfires in a row which I had the displeasure of getting hit with lol.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Can someone tell me the exact mechanics of luigi's misfire? I just played a friend who got 3 misfires in a row which I had the displeasure of getting hit with lol.
One-in-six chance to start, but, it's like Russian Roulette--If the first isn't a misfire, the next is a one-in-five chance, after that it's one-in-four, etc.

After you get a misfire, it goes back to one-in-six.

iLink

Smash Champion
One-in-six chance to start, but, it's like Russian Roulette--If the first isn't a misfire, the next is a one-in-five chance, after that it's one-in-four, etc.

After you get a misfire, it goes back to one-in-six.
Alright thanks

what about that green flash he does during the charge sometimes?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The green flash signifies that the current missile is a misfire. If you hold the charge until it stops flashing, then the missile goes back to normal and stores the misfire for the next missile. You can keep storing it (via charging) until you decide to use the misfire (use a non-charged missile).

Edit: To clarify, getting 3 misfires in a row is still dumb luck since using a misfire has no effect on when you get the next misfire.

Citrus

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering if there has been any talk of considering taking out star KO's
I ask this because a friend and I were playing today and in multiple matches we would hit each other at the same time for the last stock and the we would both go over a blast line.
And in most of these case the first person to cross a blast line would be the person to cross the top one, but due to the star KO mechanics the other person, who would cross one of the other blast lines, would lose despite crossing a blast line second.
I just don't see any particular benefit to keeping the star KO mechanic if this sort of situation is possible, albeit rare.
If anyone can point out a benefit to the star KO mechanic, please do.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I have no problem with the Star KO not KOing people instantly, but, I greatly dislike how there's two different lengths of time before the KO registers.

I think that it should either always be the "fly off into the distance" animation or the "bounce off the screen" animation. There's no reason that luck should be a factor there. I've seen games of Smash decided by that before.

Citrus

Smash Apprentice
I just don't see what's the point of it not KOing instantly is.
But I also agree that if it is part of the game it should at least be a set thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom