• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I only :rtrigger::stick8:, then while still holding :stick8:, I press :abutton:
Wow, those button things are all the rage.

Anyway, if you press A while on airdodge you'll use Zair. You need to press A faster.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
it sounds like you're hitting A too late....it's more of a simultaneous input

try using :cstick5: or :zbutton: instead

metroid1117

Smash Master
In case anyone cares, here's the full results from Saturday's tournament:

21 Entrants
1. metroid :ikebrawl: ($60)
2. Remix :lucariobrawl: ($30)
3. AD :dededebrawl:/:marthbrawl: ($10?)
4. Lucien :wolfbrawl: ($5?)
5. Hostility :ikebrawl:
5. Ace :marthbrawl:
7. VonDarkMoon :ikebrawl:
7. Count :snakebrawl:/:dkbrawl:
9. Groxele
9. GCFOX :ganonbrawl:
9. NoR4U
9. Purple_
13. NESJake
13. KATO
13. CHILL
13. Recharge :peachbrawl:
17. John Knight 1 :nessbrawl:
17. Chicago Ban
17. Dr. Schet
17. Amuroray
17. FlopJack

*Buffer was allowed, but the top 4 players did not use buffer. Ace was the highest placing player that used buffer, and he only used 2 frames.*

Videos are on my channel and here. In case anyone is interested, all of my matches are listed below.

vs JohnKnight (Ness), W1
vs Lucien (Wolf), W2
vs Remix (Lucario), W3
vs Ace (Marth), WS
vs AD (D3/Lucario), WF (Lucario is match 2)
vs Remix (Lucario), GF

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Good stuff, Metroid. I learned some things.

It's cool to see AD playing PM. I haven't heard from that guy in ages; he was the best PT on the WC in the early days of Brawl, but then just vanished a few years ago as far as I can tell. His DDD looks pretty decent, although his edgeguarding and approach could use a lot of work. It's funny how it's usually the Brawl players who have a decent sense of how DDD works whereas Melee vets just seem confused by him, although that makes sense since you can play PM DDD kind of like Brawl DDD and get results.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
^BigD just plays DDD identical to how he plays brawl DDD.
I once took out the SD card mid-match to see what would happen, and pretty much it just turned into vbrawl with directional airdodging and l-canceling. Toon Link got completely reverted and I couldn't use him at all, but BigD said it was no different hahaha

He plays with Wario and Sonic vBrawl style as well, (besides moonwalking with sonic) and he does pretty well with all those characters. It really surprised me. :p

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Sounds neat. I'll have to try and learn it asap! I was actually planning on making a TL advanced techs vid, and already have the footage, but if you have one coming I won't bother since you probably have more stuff since you're the one pioneering all these techs haha

I need to know the input though. So you just mash out of tumble, and AGT?
You don't have to mash to get out of tumble, but most people do anyway since they don't want to bother learning the variable timing of flicking the stick just the once.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
It's really just making a brawl character better, Daze.

People who continue on to play characters like DDD (maybe Wario, but I think Reflex disagrees a bit) already know the situations where they would do things normally. It's just a matter of opening up their gameplay from that, imo. It shouldn't be surprising, lol.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
*Buffer was allowed, but the top 4 players did not use buffer. Ace was the highest placing player that used buffer, and he only used 2 frames.*
I don't see why people feel like it has to be said, as if they're embarrassed to enter a buffer-legal tournament, or as if it needs mentioning for results to be valid in other people's eyes. Whether people used it or not shouldn't affect how we view the results; all that matters is whether or not it was available to the players.

It's really just making a brawl character better, Daze.

People who continue on to play characters like DDD (maybe Wario, but I think Reflex disagrees a bit) already know the situations where they would do things normally. It's just a matter of opening up their gameplay from that, imo. It shouldn't be surprising, lol.
I mean, Wario plays a lot like he does in Brawl, even if his methods of doing that are a good deal different. That helps, even if his overall moveset doesn't. Trying to do the same stuff makes it easy to open up the new options, especially since many of the old ones aren't nearly as applicable.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I don't see why people feel like it has to be said, as if they're embarrassed to enter a buffer-legal tournament, or as if it needs mentioning for results to be valid in other people's eyes. Whether people used it or not shouldn't affect how we view the results; all that matters is whether or not it was available to the players.
I don't think buffer is that big of a deal either, I'm down with it being allowed and tried out until proven broken. I just included that because (1) DrinkingFood pointed out on SmashMods that I should include whether buffer was allowed or not and (2) people say that buffer can affect tournament results, so I just wanted to mention that the top-placing players did not use buffer. It doesn't seem like it affects results (so I think it should be allowed), but Ace never used a really technical character like Fox/Falco/Wolf/Lucario/etc.

Good stuff, Metroid. I learned some things.

It's cool to see AD playing PM. I haven't heard from that guy in ages; he was the best PT on the WC in the early days of Brawl, but then just vanished a few years ago as far as I can tell. His DDD looks pretty decent, although his edgeguarding and approach could use a lot of work. It's funny how it's usually the Brawl players who have a decent sense of how DDD works whereas Melee vets just seem confused by him, although that makes sense since you can play PM DDD kind of like Brawl DDD and get results.
Thanks Fly :).

It's funny that you say that about D3, because Lucien and Hostility were saying how D3 wasn't viable. I honestly didn't think he was that viable until I played AD, so that was quite an experience for me. After playing AD's D3 though, I can say with confidence that D3 is annoying; his grab range and BAir OoS make it hard to challenge him when D3 is shielding and the FTilt/side+B prevents you from easily approaching from the ground. I remember when I played my first set against AD's D3 in friendlies, our match on BF lasted for 6 min because all he would do was back away and FTilt to block approaches, throw me off the stage, and then FTilt edgeguard. D3 is combo food once you get in though, otherwise I would absolutely despise this match-up.

abcool

Smash Ace

21 Entrants
9. Groxele
9. NoR4U
9. Purple_
13. NESJake
13. KATO
13. CHILL
17. Chicago Ban
17. Dr. Schet
17. Amuroray
17. FlopJack
Did Lucien ever use Toonlink?

metroid1117

Smash Master
Did Lucien ever use Toonlink?
No, he did not; he said he stopped playing TL because his friends said that fighting TL wasn't fun. I played some friendlies with Lucien and he pulled out the TL, but I beat it in both games we played. (That's not that big of a deal though IMO, since he hadn't played TL in a while.)

abcool

Smash Ace
No, he did not; he said he stopped playing TL because his friends said that fighting TL wasn't fun. I played some friendlies with Lucien and he pulled out the TL, but I beat it in both games we played. (That's not that big of a deal though IMO, since he hadn't played TL in a while.)
I wish RAGE held Project M. I would like to see you an Kels team lol. It would be funny to see Midwest run through westcoast.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
If he seriously thinks there is something wrong with Toon Link, he should show it more in tournament.

(I'm referring to him calling TL and Sonic broken or whatever from that video like a month ago.)

:phone:

metroid1117

Smash Master
It's not rage my bad. It's Rule 6 lmao.
Yeah, they said Rule 6 won't have a formal PM tournament but I'm sure people will bring it for friendlies.

Fly, you're going to Rule 6 right? Would you be willing to bring a PM setup and record some matches with me? I'm not entirely sure if I can go yet, but I'll let you know if I find a ride.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I'll be there, although I won't have a setup with me. If somebody else has recording equipment and a PM setup, then sure, we can play and record.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I actually played some doubles with a lvl 9 as my partner and won some games. As long as they don't Airdodge SD:mad: Any way possible to fix that at some point?

metroid1117

Smash Master
I'll be there, although I won't have a setup with me. If somebody else has recording equipment and a PM setup, then sure, we can play and record.
I said I'd contribute my recording setup to the Melee tournament, but I'm sure we won't need as many as the tournament progresses. I look forward to meeting you!

`dazrin

Smash Champion
If he seriously thinks there is something wrong with Toon Link, he should show it more in tournament.

(I'm referring to him calling TL and Sonic broken or whatever from that video like a month ago.)

:phone:
He didn't say toonlink was broken in that video. It was some other guy who was saying that him and lucien think toonlink is broken. I'm pretty sure all of that was just initial reaction, since he doesn't care to use him in a tournament. Everyone who I know who mains wolf says he's super fun, so he's probably having too much fun spamming techskill to want to spam projectiles :p

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace

21 Entrants
9. Groxele
9. NoR4U
9. Purple_
13. NESJake
13. KATO
13. CHILL
17. Chicago Ban
17. Dr. Schet
17. Amuroray
17. FlopJack

Videos are on my channel and here. In case anyone is interested, all of my matches are listed below.

vs JohnKnight (Ness), W1
vs Lucien (Wolf), W2
vs Remix (Lucario), W3
vs Ace (Marth), WS
vs AD (D3/Lucario), WF (Lucario is match 2)
vs Remix (Lucario), GF
I see Link is STILL absent from the tournament scene..... I guess I'll have to change this and win one of these, too bad I live on the east coast, we rarely get anything here

9Kplus1

Smash Master
JCz's crew, "The Imperial Legion" ("Legion" for short) is located in MD/VA. Our hidden base (JCz's / cmart's apartment) is where notable Smashers come together -- Smashers such as the legendary 9kplus1 himself -- and do stuff. If you can find a reliable method of getting here and back from RI, there's a pretty good chance that housing will be available.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
No idea. All I know if that they live in MD/VA and they smash P:M all the time. They even have a P:M exclusive tournament coming up called PMS this Saturday. I highly recommend checking it out.

edit:
ninja'd by "The Great 9k+1" (who isn't going to FC and dodging our MM)

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
I see Link is STILL absent from the tournament scene..... I guess I'll have to change this and win one of these, too bad I live on the east coast, we rarely get anything here
I'll help change this too, although there isn't much of a PM scene yet in my area, I'm getting some players interested in South Texas.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
What? Well I live in RI, how far away is JC from there? And I never notice any tournies, where are they listed? My limit for driving would be like 1 and 1/2 hours
There's a Melee tournament at Game Underground on August 4th... No word about P:M there, and I don't even know if I'm going so idk about friendlies, but it's a start I guess if you want to get something going.

iLink

Smash Champion
I was planning on going to that tourney but got called by my boss to come into a meeting the day of the tourney so I had to flake out.

I use handful of characters but I would have definitely brought out Link if I had to at that tourney.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I was planning on going to that tourney but got called by my boss to come into a meeting the day of the tourney so I had to flake out.

I use handful of characters but I would have definitely brought out Link if I had to at that tourney.
Laaaaame, it would've been cool to meet you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom