• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
We need a way that it doesn't censor.
F@G tossing
F4G tossing
hmmm

We could always scrap the *** idea and call it FRAG tossing.
FRenum Super Aerial Glide Toss

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I do too, but the censor messes it up.
Blame the existence of sensitive people who require a censor for the fact that we can't call a recovery technique a ******. At least, not very easily.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
You guys are hilarious hahahaha

I'm still calling T-Bomb the way it is. I like how it sounds. haha
But for sagt, I like fragging alot. I'll probably call it that.

So to fragt back to the stage going ->, the input is:
:stick6:->:stick4:->:ltrigger::stick6::cstick6: ?
[mash out of tumble]->[AGT towards stage]

(I like ***t better, but censor messes it up, so on the boards I'm calling it fragt lol)

FRENUM

Smash Cadet
You guys are hilarious hahahaha

I'm still calling T-Bomb the way it is. I like how it sounds. haha
But for sagt, I like fragging alot. I'll probably call it that.

So to fragt back to the stage going ->, the input is:
:stick6:->:stick4:->:ltrigger::stick6::cstick6: ?
[mash out of tumble]->[AGT towards stage]

(I like ***t better, but censor messes it up, so on the boards I'm calling it fragt lol)
You got it! And if you aim the stick up at a diagonal angle you even get a little height ;)

:phone:

`dazrin

Smash Champion
:stick4:->:stick6:->:ltrigger::stick9::cstick6:

Got it! Thanks Frenum! This is extremely helpful for me considering there will be a P:M tournament coming up this coming Sunday the 22nd here in BC. :p

[shamelessplug] (Which will be streamed on http://twitch.tv/dazee_) [shamelessplug/]

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
For the record, you don't actually need to "mash" out of tumble. One tap will do the trick, if P:M is at all like Melee in this regard. The reason most people mash is because you can't buffer untumble inputs.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
For the record, you don't actually need to "mash" out of tumble. One tap will do the trick, if P:M is at all like Melee in this regard. The reason most people mash is because you can't buffer untumble inputs.
Is Hit-stun tumble, or is tumble like a thing that happens for a short bit after every medium+ hitstun amount? Do you mean like one flick as in Left+Right and that's it? So If the buffer setting is on say 2 frames in P:M, if you input L+R once 2 frames before you enter "tumble", it will get you out of tumble?

Did the P:M team know about this SAGT AT prior to frenum?

`dazrin

Smash Champion
^ Probably not.

They knew about AGTing in all directions for sure, but I don't think they knew about FrAGT.

edit:
Can't wait to recover like this in Shadic's face at Aug GC xD

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Is Hit-stun tumble, or is tumble like a thing that happens for a short bit after every medium+ hitstun amount? Do you mean like one flick as in Left+Right and that's it? So If the buffer setting is on say 2 frames in P:M, if you input L+R once 2 frames before you enter "tumble", it will get you out of tumble?
Hitstun and tumble are two separate animations with their own rules governing their physics. If you go watch video of a character getting hit, hitstun is any of the reeling animations you enter while being knocked back. Once you enter hitstun, you have no control over air control, falling speed, or any such thing, and you can't interrupt the animation until it has complete.

If you're in hitstun for a certain number of frames (I forget the precise number), then you enter tumble when hitstun ends. Tumble is quite literally a tumbling animation. In this state, you can do anything except airdodge. In order to airdodge you have to untumble by tapping either left or right. Tapping up and down won't have the same affect, though; up makes you jump and down makes you fast fall.

Basically, if you know when you can jump out of combos, you know when you can untumble. As to whether Brawl buffering can help you to untumble with frame perfect inputs, I don't know. I've never actually tried. But I don't see why it wouldn't.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Despite it giving you a bunch of distance you have to consider the fact that you NEED to have a bomb in your hand before you are sent flying off stage. This makes the tech situational since you obviously can't have a bomb in hand 24/7 :p Also it's still easy to edgeguard if you know what's coming.

FRENUM

Smash Cadet
Despite it giving you a bunch of distance you have to consider the fact that you NEED to have a bomb in your hand before you are sent flying off stage. This makes the tech situational since you obviously can't have a bomb in hand 24/7 :p Also it's still easy to edgeguard if you know what's coming.
You don't need to have a bomb. You can do it just as far with a zair. Only issue is you go into special fall if you're too high.
But it works well without a bomb!

FRENUM

Smash Cadet
Wait, what do you mean by too high? You only go into special fall if you're at a specific height?
No but if you're too low, like lower than than stage then you won't be able to recover using the Fragtoss. So if you get launched up high without a bomb you can easily recover while fragtossing without a bomb (just using zair)

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Daze if you're too low on most stages you'd die whether you had a bomb or not... So if you're way up high you'll be vulnerable in special fall, you have to be at that perfect height to make it back wihtout being vulnerable

Woah just got ninja'd

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Speaking of zairs...

Why almost whenever I try to bomb jump, when I press A to throw the bomb, zair happens instead? Not a Toon Link-only problem, however, as every tether-possessing character has the same problem.

Gimpel

Smash Cadet
you have to press it earlier, you can only cancel your air dodge into item throw during the first few frames of your air dodge I think, after that, zair will come out instead

/e I like how my avatar fits perfectly to the content of this post

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Tell me this is a Brawl thing... :glare:
No. It's because if you press it too late, you end up pressing R+A in the air, which equates to a ZAir.

My recommendation is that you dont press A and press :ltrigger::stick8::cstick8: at the same time while you have a bomb in the air in order to AGT upwards into a bombjump.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
No. It's because if you press it too late, you end up pressing R+A in the air, which equates to a ZAir.

My recommendation is that you dont press A and press :ltrigger::stick8::cstick8: at the same time while you have a bomb in the air in order to AGT upwards into a bombjump.
I only :rtrigger::stick8:, then while still holding :stick8:, I press :abutton:

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's how Shadic does it and that's how I used to try to do it before. Didn't work out for me so I use:ltrigger::stick8::cstick8: and I can do it consistently now. I found I was pressing R way too fast because I'm weird and use R to L-cancel/Shield/WD so I use L now and it works beautifully :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom