• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
They're the only casuals I've heard of who prefer Brawl to PM. I think that says something.

Also, I'd been hoping to come to PMS, but I don't think I'll be able to make it. I've got a bunch of research stuff going on, and I haven't even started my freshman year yet, so I don't think I'll have time to come.

metroid1117

Smash Master
In case anyone is interested, I've uploaded some friendlies between me and Ish on Sunday. The matches were played on a laggy TV, so our tech skill is a little sloppy. Right now I just have Lucas vs Ike, but I'm going to upload some videos of my Charizard, Lucas, and Wolf, and Ish's TL and Bowser.

Note that Ish plays with Wiimote and nunchuck... mad props to him.

Matches 1-3
Matches 4-5
Matches 6-8

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
In case anyone is interested, I've uploaded some friendlies between me and Ish on Sunday. The matches were played on a laggy TV, so our tech skill is a little sloppy. Right now I just have Lucas vs Ike, but I'm going to upload some videos of my Charizard, Lucas, and Wolf, and Ish's TL and Bowser.

Note that Ish plays with Wiimote and nunchuck... mad props to him.

Matches 1-3
Matches 4-5
Matches 6-8
Lol Wiimote and nunchuck, I couldn't imagine playing someone like Fox with that controller.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Quite the tier spectrum there. Good job repping so many characters, but it might not be a bad idea to dedicate your time to a strong main and 1-2 niche backups instead of a 6th of the cast.

Also, TV lag shouldn't effect tech skill to the point that it can't be compensated after a round or two. Timing reactionary things is a different matter, though, I'll give you that. I couldn't get my CRT working for 2 months and Powershielding and even regular shielding easy things like Ike's fair or, well, most fairs, actually becomes nearly impossible.

Also also, I can't help but feel that between the look and the impact of Lucas's dair, it should spike instead of meteor. Maybe if it had a sweetspot?

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
At the same time we have casuals hating the game, we have a lot of them loving the game.

It's pretty much how the game industry works, there will be people who simply doesn't like the game for a variety of reasons, legitimate reasons or not.

Example, I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of you guys in this thread who doesn't like street fighter, but don't even know how the advanced gameplay works and are thinking only with the superficial impressions in mind.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Quite the tier spectrum there. Good job repping so many characters, but it might not be a bad idea to dedicate your time to a strong main and 1-2 niche backups instead of a 6th of the cast.

Also, TV lag shouldn't effect tech skill to the point that it can't be compensated after a round or two. Timing reactionary things is a different matter, though, I'll give you that. I couldn't get my CRT working for 2 months and Powershielding and even regular shielding easy things like Ike's fair or, well, most fairs, actually becomes nearly impossible.

Also also, I can't help but feel that between the look and the impact of Lucas's dair, it should spike instead of meteor. Maybe if it had a sweetspot?
Yeah, also I'm a firm believer that one should stick to a character and second at least one. I play Charizard, Wolf, and Lucas for fun and because my casual friends banned me from using Ike >.>.

IMO the lag was mostly messing up my timing for techs. I could really see it when playing Wolf, I was missing a lot of techs because I had less time to tech on reaction. Missed L-cancels were another thing, since I had to factor input lag while factoring in fastfalling and hitlag. The lag felt slightly worse than when I played Jiang on Saturday, but I don't know the exact amount.

Lucas' DAir has a sweetspot, you an either be sent downward with or without the electric hit. I don't think the sweetspot is a meteor smash though.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I don't like street fighter because 6 buttons seem functionally superfluous after playing games like BB, MB, AH, IaMP, and to a lesser extent KoF or GG.

I might just not like the punch kick split since it seems to emphasize more homogenized standard movesets as opposed to the more liberal definitions offered by "A, B, C, D." GG has something of a middle ground that always makes it iffy for me because of that.

I can see what you mean though since I know plenty of people that hate on Street Fighter just because it is boring to watch (a valid point, but not one against playing the game itself).

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Don't hate on "casuals" as a whole. Remember where a large portion of our downloads came from, and how we got mainstream exposure in the first place. Plenty of them loved the game even after only playing Brawl.

Just hate the people who deserve it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It's KCMM, loaded with Dragonball Z hacks, tons of recolors (sanic yo), Cloud, and Shadow clones (there's like 50 versions for ****'s sake).

I don't see the need to take them seriously at all.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Captain L, 2nd on BC's brawl PR mains pikachu and uses a wiimote and nunchuk set up as well.

It's pretty crazy, he's pretty damn good. He can QACwavedash and all this stuff with that setup. Crazy, but hey, if it works for you, it works for you :p His reasoning afaik for using wiimote+nunchuk is because he skipped the GC generation and never owned a GCC, so he had to make do with what he had.
He has one now, and can use it fine. He's pretty good in melee too, now. But he just prefers wiimote+nunchuk cuz thats what he initially learned how to play brawl with. Maybe I'll record stuff with him at a smashfest sometime.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I'm at smashers reunion now. UK totally loves PRoject M and they were playing tons of friendlies yesterday. I also recorded some videos which I put up when I have time.

According to Fuzzyness and many other UK players Lucario is bit overpowered. Fuzzy has stopped playing Lucario because he wins matches too easily, I have bunch of matches recorded with his Lucario. He certainly has a LOT of options and not many weaknesses.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
It's KCMM, loaded with Dragonball Z hacks, tons of recolors (sanic yo), Cloud, and Shadow clones (there's like 50 versions for ****'s sake).

I don't see the need to take them seriously at all.
Pretty much every hack you're using that didn't come with PM is bound to originate from KC:MM. Don't judge the whole community based on a bunch of idiots.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I'm at smashers reunion now. UK totally loves PRoject M and they were playing tons of friendlies yesterday. I also recorded some videos which I put up when I have time.

According to Fuzzyness and many other UK players Lucario is bit overpowered. Fuzzy has stopped playing Lucario because he wins matches too easily, I have bunch of matches recorded with his Lucario. He certainly has a LOT of options and not many weaknesses.
Awesome! Can't wait to see the videos! Maybe next GC I'll get to record some stuff with SW and his Lucario :p Shadic will be bringing a recording setup to that GC too, so hopefully we'll get a ton of P:M videos up from the BC/WA communities :)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Pretty much every hack you're using that didn't come with PM is bound to originate from KC:MM. Don't judge the whole community based on a bunch of idiots.
I can't speak for him, but the vast majority of the textures that I use came from Stack Smash.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
I can't speak for him, but the vast majority of the textures that I use came from Stack Smash.
That's a name I haven't heard in years. Did they ever recover from losing all of their members except for PAVGN?

Either way, I've recently hooked up with the local smash scene around here and I'm going to try and spread some P:M soon =V

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Most of my textures are from Smash Stack or homemade. I grabbed the Melee vertexes from KK:MM, but they are clearly not a reflection of what that community finds popular or desirable.

If 80% of a sample is idiotic, it doesn't matter that you're judging "the whole community based on a bunch of idiots" for precisely that reason- it's a bunch of them. It isn't a few uninformed plebes, it is a group choosing to represent their community in a way that reflects poorly on it.

You don't go "Oh man that must be a good school" if the kids from a class on field trip are behaving disrespectfully. You can't judge the whole school based on that, right? The point is they are making that choice to represent their community, and they are entirely to blame for any negative connotations that come about from that representation.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Guys. Relax.

Some people don't like P:M. Get over it. Not everyone is gonna like the game. That's just how it is.

You can't say someone's opinion is wrong. If they think it's bad, then who cares? Let them think so.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
That's a name I haven't heard in years. Did they ever recover from losing all of their members except for PAVGN?
I don't know, they're kinda... not doing too well. But many of their pre-crisis textures were some of my favorites, and they were the exact style (basic clothing recolors) that I like using in P:M before more advanced hacking got popular.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
So Dant just made a post about a clone engine! Why are you guys taunting us?!? I wanna know whats happening!!

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
So for anyone who likes to stay updated with BC smash, finally got some new stuff up. A couple more things to upload after I fix certain audio issues, but overall we pretty much derped too & fro :lick:

vs Daz
:marth: v :sheik:
:marth: v :pikachu2:
:link2: v :toonlink:

LinkTink is lol. Comedic gold right there.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Can't wait to see it, Ruby!

Also the link v toonlink MU is ********. Spam Wars Clone Wars.
Left such a bad taste in my mouth that I couldn't play toon link for the rest of the recordings. jeez.

Too much homo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom