• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcool

Smash Ace
If we were able to add the barrel, I would want it so there is no delay on firing. I hated getting killed because the barrel doesn't shoot for 1 or 2 seconds after you hit the A button, lol.
That barrel gimped me soo many times and it's hella funny when someone gets spiked in it and mashing the A button just when it turns lol

Ecks

Smash Lord
Last I heard, stage hazards of any kind aren't possible to add yet. It's the reason there's no whirlwind in Hyrule 64.

dirtydurrant

Smash Cadet
i don't even want hyrule 64.
BLASPHEMY!!! Hyrule 64 is one of the greatest Smash bros. stages to ever exist. How dare you, good sir! How. dare. you.

Does anyone really want the whirlwinds back in Hyrule 64?

And the answer to this question is obviously no, unless we can turn it off. I wouldn't mind it when I'm pwning my weak friends, but when I'm playing against people who are legit, that **** will be annoying.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
eh, i don't think it's a good tourney stage, but it's legal in my area and EVERYONE wants to pick it. i'm just overly annoyed at it from that perspective.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
A young kid actually liking a Smash game for being faster? Maybe there is hope for the future after all.

He coulld be the next Crush :troll:
How many scrubs have you played this game with?

Every scrub I've shown this to has said that it's way better than Brawl, and a big part of that is the speed. A few of them complain about the Melee air dodge, though. Interestingly, all the ones that complain about it are the ones that think they can compete in Brawl, but can't, because they're scrubs.

For example, I was watching Zenith finals, and one of them asked how I'd go against PP. I said if he went Falco, I probably wouldn't be able to land a hit on him (I could be completely wrong about this, it's been months since I played him, and he always Ganon dittos me, so I don't really know how I'd compare to his Falco). Anyway, my friend said it would be easy, because he could use Lucas' PK Freeze. His logic was that if he kept spamming it while standing still, eventually one of them would hit, and then he could keep doing that until he could use Lucas' Usmash.

But those types of people are the only ones that complain about the air dodge. I've told them that they'd prefer it if they learned how to use it, but they don't want to do that. I mean, they're scrubs, so it's not like they can edeguard anyway, so they don't need it to recover.

Anyway, the point is, scrubs love this game because it's fast. Sakurai was completely wrong.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
eh, i don't think it's a good tourney stage, but it's legal in my area and EVERYONE wants to pick it. i'm just overly annoyed at it from that perspective.
I can see how that might turn you off. I like screwing around on Hyrule Castle (especially in teams), but I would never allow it at a tourney I host.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
None. You could say that I was just "theorysmashing", but I was expecting that little kids, if they were introduced to P:M after playing Brawl, would either: not care about the physics because Brawl has more content, or be put off by the speed because Brawl is easier.

And this is a bit different than "scrubs" who are closer to my own age. He said the kid was 7. Kids who are at least teens or above take a slightly different approach with how they form their opinions. I think.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero

Every scrub I've shown this to has said that it's way better than Brawl, and a big part of that is the speed. A few of them complain about the Melee air dodge, though. Interestingly, all the ones that complain about it are the ones that think they can compete in Brawl, but can't, because they're scrubs.

For example, I was watching Zenith finals, and one of them asked how I'd go against PP. I said if he went Falco, I probably wouldn't be able to land a hit on him (I could be completely wrong about this, it's been months since I played him, and he always Ganon dittos me, so I don't really know how I'd compare to his Falco). Anyway, my friend said it would be easy, because he could use Lucas' PK Freeze. His logic was that if he kept spamming it while standing still, eventually one of them would hit, and then he could keep doing that until he could use Lucas' Usmash.

But those types of people are the only ones that complain about the air dodge. I've told them that they'd prefer it if they learned how to use it, but they don't want to do that. I mean, they're scrubs, so it's not like they can edeguard anyway, so they don't need it to recover.

Anyway, the point is, scrubs love this game because it's fast. Sakurai was completely wrong.
My little brother is one of those scrubs. I think I'll show him that post just to upset him :p

crush

Smash Master
i liked melee better than brawll when i was 9 cuz brawl was too sloww (and cuz melee foxs pink boots are the ****)

also my first time playing demo 2 at a tronament like 2 months ago i 4 stocked hotdogtturtles wario with marth. ****
:phone:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I liked Melee better than Brawl when I was 9, and neither of them existed yet.

Do you think Marth beats Wario? It makes sense in my head that he would, but I keep destroying all the Marths around here with Wario, and they all feel that Marth loses hard. This is one of the few times that my theorysmashing is really conflicting with my personal experience, and it hurts my brain. What do people think of this matchup?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
@'daze
Same here. I even know a girl at my college with horrible arthritis who takes ages to learn anything (she just recently learned how to use her shield on a casual level) and yet ever since I downloaded Project:M and introduced it to the group, she hasn't wanted to go back to regular brawl. She even plays Lucario.

@JC
tell those marths to stop being so bad

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Anyways, I feel it's relatively even, with a slight leaning towards marth. Wario can get a lot more out of an opening than Marth can, and Wario's air maneuverability might screw up the Marth a bit. But I feel marth has the advantage because if marth spaces correctly, marth should definitely be able to stay out of Wario's weave-range and punish missed shoulder-bashes. Also, Wario's recovery isn't that good, so Marth shouldn't have a hard time edgeguarding him. I feel like maybe you just need to play against a really good marth.

My speculation: either 60-40 or 65-35 in marth's favor.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
i liked melee better than brawll when i was 9 cuz brawl was too sloww (and cuz melee foxs pink boots are the ****)

also my first time playing demo 2 at a tronament like 2 months ago i 4 stocked hotdogtturtles wario with marth. ****
Oh thanks for reminding me that I actually used to play this game -__-

I'm pretty sure that I haven't touched it since that tournament, except for the time that I turned it on to make that blue FD texture. When's the next tournament again?

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I liked Melee better than Brawl when I was 9, and neither of them existed yet.

Do you think Marth beats Wario? It makes sense in my head that he would, but I keep destroying all the Marths around here with Wario, and they all feel that Marth loses hard. This is one of the few times that my theorysmashing is really conflicting with my personal experience, and it hurts my brain. What do people think of this matchup?
There aren't any good Marths in the legion, so I don't particularly value this piece of anecdotal evidence.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I didn't say I only played Legion Marths. But there aren't really any notable Melee Marths around here regardless. So yeah, I don't really have much to go on. That's why I was trying to spark some discussion.

I wish Neo was more active...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Tell them to watch a Brawl Marth and do what they do, only with L-Canceling.

Also, make sure they know how to prevent you from following up with anything.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
^Uh.. or you could tell them to watch m2k's marth
Or you can figure out how to beat a Brawl character by using a Brawl character, which is probably the optimal strategy. Marth is very similar in general movement with both games.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Oh, I see what you meant now. I thought you were just telling them to watch some good marth footage, so why would you watch a brawl marth when you could watch a melee marth in terms of improving in P:M?

Anyways, I still think it would be better to watch a Melee marth. Wario and Marth are different in P:M, not to mention physics are completely different. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to watch the MU in brawl and compare how it would transfer over in P:M.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
PM wario is not a brawl character, he's a Melee character.
As long as we're making comparisons, he's mostly a Brawl character with a lot of his good stuff taken away. It's a shame. We do the best we can.

He's different and fun, but, nothing about him really says "Melee" to me outside of an emphasis on tech chasing, though they're overall pretty weak, so I guess that'd make him a bad Melee character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom