• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
landing detection is different per character right Shanus? I mean, it should be a code in each fighter.pac, not a code in general
well, its not anything pac related. Its in general game codes, and it will need to not only be for individual characters, but for individual situations too.

For example,

Every char has different landing detections for different scenarios i.e. landing during an attack vs a special, etc.

Rikana

Smash Champion
^^^^

Wow.. that's a ton of work. So for every single aerial (uAir, nAir, dAir, fAir, bAir, neutralB, sideB, upB, downB, zAir, air dodge, and empty hops) they're going to need a land detection code? That seems like an insane amount of work. Finding the code to even do that in the first place seems like a lot of trouble.

Question though. For ledge grabs, in Brawl+, there's many incidents where I never wanted to grab the ledge but always end up grabbing because I'm within the distance. Is there a way to disable it; as in make a code for it? For example, if I held the control stick away from the stage, maybe during the time where the control stick is held away, we wouldn't grab on the ledge? It messed up many of my edge guards when I used to play Brawl+.

shanus

Smash Hero
^^^^

Wow.. that's a ton of work. So for every single aerial (uAir, nAir, dAir, fAir, bAir, neutralB, sideB, upB, downB, zAir, air dodge, and empty hops) they're going to need a land detection code? That seems like an insane amount of work. Finding the code to even do that in the first place seems like a lot of trouble.

Question though. For ledge grabs, in Brawl+, there's many incidents where I never wanted to grab the ledge but always end up grabbing because I'm within the distance. Is there a way to disable it; as in make a code for it? For example, if I held the control stick away from the stage, maybe during the time where the control stick is held away, we wouldn't grab on the ledge? It messed up many of my edge guards when I used to play Brawl+.
Remember ledge grab sizes have been altered as well as partial ability to reverse grab. Accidental grabs are significantly less common nowadays

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
^^^^

If you hold away, you don't grab the ledge.... it's been like that ever since n64. where have you been all those years? lol

edit: unless that only works for down. I might be wrong about it doing that for away.

Rikana

Smash Champion
If you hold away, you don't grab the ledge.... it's been like that ever since n64. where have you been all those years? lol

edit: unless that only works for down. I might be wrong about it doing that for away.
Did you play Brawl or even Brawl+? You still auto snap even if you hold away. The game reads it as an auto snap the moment you're within distance unless you're performing an attack.

@shanus: has all character's ledge grab distance been altered by now? What if I were to hold away even if I was very close to the edge? I'm assuming it would still auto snap though.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Did you play Brawl or even Brawl+? You still auto snap even if you hold away. The game reads it as an auto snap the moment you're within distance unless you're performing an attack.

@shanus: has all character's ledge grab distance been altered by now? What if I were to hold away even if I was very close to the edge? I'm assuming it would still auto snap though.
I know for spacies it doesn't, at least i dont think it does. When I try to fire stall I have to be really close to the ledge for it to grab which is kinda annoying lol.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
wow Shanus...it is A LOT more complicated than i thought. I never considered that all actions had different landing point(dumb of me cause imagine Fox/Falco's UAir done low and trying to land on the feet lol). To find it, it will be a pain and to code it, it will probably take months, but gl with that guys, I'm sure you will do a wonderful job as always :)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Please do not discuss Melee vs. Brawl in here.

Although, nothing directly is in here (yet), I want to make sure that the P:M thread doesn't incite Melee vs. Brawl flames.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Although, nothing directly is in here (yet), I want to make sure that the P:M thread doesn't incite Melee vs. Brawl flames.
/fixed

It's been said before, but unless it's on the topic at hand (like discussing changes between Melee vs. Brawl, where there might be a misunderstanding on that), any general Melee vs. Brawl posts will be infracted.

shanus

Smash Hero
:(

I was really looking forward to OoS options.
well that stuff was very easily programmable, but doesn't yoshi's shield health, etc,etc make it vastly superior to a standard shield if he could jump OOS?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Speaking of Yoshi, what ATs are you planning to add to him besides DJC and Moonwalking?

Also, any chance of Yoshi's eggs having the same properties as the turnip and link's bombs? (What I mean is, will he be able to pull one out and throw it whenever... as opposed to throwing it instantly)

.Marik

is a social misfit
well that stuff was very easily programmable, but doesn't yoshi's shield health, etc,etc make it vastly superior to a standard shield if he could jump OOS?
I'm not quite sure I understand you.

If Yoshi could jump OoS, that would fix only half of the problem.

Due to the shield animation taking more frames to initiate, he can't perform attacks OoS.

However, if this was modified, and Yoshi could Nair/Bair/UpSmash OoS, I'd cream my pants.

Yoshi's shield is in fact, inferior to a normal shield because you can't do anything with it.

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of Yoshi, what ATs are you planning to add to him besides DJC and Moonwalking?

Also, any chance of Yoshi's eggs having the same properties as the turnip and link's bombs? (What I mean is, will he be able to pull one out and throw it whenever... as opposed to throwing it instantly)
For some reason i could picture that messing up the small jump he gets with his up-b and that really helps his recovery in some situations. How about making them grab-able in the air(like diddy's peanuts) so u could throw it straight up softly and catch the egg and THEN use it as an item. That sounds cool. :D

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Thing is though, Poob, Yoshi didn't have that in Melee. I don't know why you'd do a buff like that that isn't really all that necessary. Then again, though. I don't want to speak for the developers.

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
Thing is though, Poob, Yoshi didn't have that in Melee. I don't know why you'd do a buff like that that isn't really all that necessary. Then again, though. I don't want to speak for the developers.
the goal is to make a balanced, technical, and fun game. Truth is yoshi isn't that good and he was never that good in any smash games. lol. So i think that idea fits into all of those 3 things.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Might be a silly question, but is there going to be pivot grabbing in this, or is it purely going to be like it is in Melee? Asking primarily in terms of Yoshi, since his PG is sexy as hell.

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
You don't think it's a good idea though? yoshi has nothing special about him besides a djc and high second jump. oh and overall pretty terrible specials. XD

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm not quite sure I understand you.

If Yoshi could jump OoS, that would fix only half of the problem.

Due to the shield animation taking more frames to initiate, he can't perform attacks OoS.

However, if this was modified, and Yoshi could Nair/Bair/UpSmash OoS, I'd cream my pants.

Yoshi's shield is in fact, inferior to a normal shield because you can't do anything with it.
I'm pretty sure Shanus is talking about the fact that Yoshi can't be shieldpoked. If he could jump out of his shield, he would have the best shield in the game.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'm pretty sure Shanus is talking about the fact that Yoshi can't be shieldpoked. If he could jump out of his shield, he would have the best shield in the game.
I had a feeling that's what he was referring to, but the disadvantages still severely outweigh the advantages.

My point still stands.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Jumping out of shield is a pretty big deal. Yoshi could do it in 64 and he was actually decent in that game.
I agree.

I wish they had the resources to modify Yoshi's shield, looks like that isn't happening though.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Well, I think we can all agree Yoshi needs a buff of some kind. Sure, he has DJC and Moonwalking but personally, these ATs don't benefit Yoshi as much as they do other characters who have them.

Also, with all due respect... Yoshi's shield is pretty bad. It has no out of shield options and the few benefits it does have (such as no shield stabbing) are subsided by his laggy animation when he stops shielding.

So, imo, he needs a regular shield.

Also, have you never noticed how slow Yoshi's roll is too? That should be sped up a bit aswell.

Revven

FrankerZ
Shanus just got done telling you guys that they can't change the shield to a normal one. What's so hard to understand about that? I found it to be pretty clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom