• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I think Ganon should get a dash attack where he pulls out his Sword and has super armor and a damaging purple aura. That would put him at S-tier for sure.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I would also really like to know how to beat Ike if anyone has any tips. Some people think he's good and some think he's bad. I think he's really good. The reason people typically say that say he's not that great are because he's pretty slow and you can dash dance in and out of his range. But I'm not convinced that those people have played Ike's that know how to abuse his fast moves. Jab and utilt come out pretty quickly. Dash attack is pretty safe for hitting a dash dancing opponent and if you get offstage with most characters Ike can kill you at any percent with one fair.

Ike has power, range, good recovery, moves with quick startup, and super easy edgeguards. His speed is generally slow and he doesn't have a projectile but that doesn't even seem to matter that much. Can anyone link me to a good video of an competent ike getting destroyed by a spacie?
I don't play that intelligently, but I know how to use Ike. Kels beat me in this set (he went Fox starting at 2:50) and the next game he played Fox was very close but I won out of a technical error. I personally think the match-up is in Fox's favor, but Vro (another Ike who plays smarter than I do) says Fox is easy.

I haven't lost a set to a Falco, but I've had close sets. Here's my set with Viperboy (he didn't know Ike can chaingrab Falco on FD, but he basically had all the momentum in game 1) and here's my set against Scythe (he goes Falco starting at 2:53). I don't really know how to deal with Falco yet.

It should be noted that I've never beat any of the above players in a set of Melee before. I think it's a combination of Ike being good and them not knowing the match-up. For example, Viperboy NEVER tried to edgeguard me, and it cost him the set.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I find that Ike can't deal with pressure well. Poor OoS options and he's left with just jab for quick stuff and UTilt for frontal cover; Fair's awesome but Fox/Wolf/Lucario/Falcon will zoom in, read the following jab, and go nuts. If you give him even an ounce of momentum, he'll **** you hard though. There's a level of defensive play needed to keep pressure characters out and then quickly turn it into opportunities. It's one-sided in that if you can't do well with one or the other, you lose.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I actually agree;

Ganon is VERY damn good.

Btw just hosted a P:M side tournament at some brawl monthlies tourney with sinisterb.
(I don't play brawl, just decided to host my event at their tourney so I could get the brawl community in BC interested in PM and to build and grow a PM scene here since the melee players already love PM.)

We ended up getting more entrants than brawl. LOL

GG PM *****. Will post results and videos tomorrow/today.

EDIT:
Next tournament will be a really big one probably featuring players from WA and Victoria since I'll be hosting P:M at BC's monthly melee tournament in July, which will most likely be the same day as the brawl monthly due to the Venue's plans. So we'll have the best of Brawl and the Best of Melee collide together in huge P:M tournament, which will likely have more entrants than both melee and brawl since we'll have around 70% of the players from both scenes enter. So anyone who's around the pacific north west area in July should definitely make plans on coming out and supporting the game and it's community!

-> That means you, shadic.
and Foshio
Specks should come too

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
We have some MMs and perhaps some decent bracket sets recorded, but our recording was fairly limited today so i'll have to sift through what i have.

It's a decent chunk so there's bound to be something.

metroid1117

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAKlFra8nDQ

Need moar footage from other people so yeah...PM me clips or post in the smashmods thread please....or I'll be a sad angel:(
To be entirely honest, I didn't particularly enjoy your Melee Marth combo videos but I thought this was VERY well-made. Great job, I'll try to contribute more to the final product!

By the way, I'll be willing to upload any clips you want to use from my videos to DropBox so that they'll be higher quality.

On a side note, there was another PM side-tournament in IL yesterday (which I didn't go to because I'm in San Jose; if anyone wants to play sometime, send me a PM!). Top 4 were the following:

1. Vro (:ikebrawl:)
2. ORLY (:bowserbrawl:)
3. Rat (:sonicbrawl:/:robbrawl:?)
4. Scythe (:wolfbrawl:/:falcobrawl:?)

Full results will probably be posted by Rat later.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Here's a quick list why Ganon is top tier.

1. He was already high/mid tier in melee and has the exact same tools from Melee to P:M which means he can survive for a long *** time.

2. He actually has tons of options to recover now and is not helpless off-stage. Opponents run the risk to get killed with side-B if they decide to edgeguard which gives Ganon an auto-kill move at the cost of his life. Sometimes it's worth to do if you are already leading. It's pretty much a momentum breaker/reset. Because of that, letting Ganon on-stage can be devastating since he really only needs to hit the opponent once to gain ground lol. I find also his uppercut useful to be able to recover low without getting daired.

3. The reward of side-B is insane and cannot be shielded... it gives an auto free techchase opportunity. And because of that it adds even more layers to the mindgames he already has. If people are scared in shield from all the attacks Ganon can throw then a side-B gives him an opportunity to deal massive dmg. Of course you don't have to do that but then it's much easier to predict the opponent.

4. He is faster and more powerful.. well I can't really add more to that, it speaks for itself haha.

So already with that, it's definitely enough to give him a top tier position.

Armada

Smash Lord
Kage: Have not played with Ganon in P:M or played against him but from what I have seen he seems to be much better.

BUT he is really overrated in melee so that argument feels not like a perfect one ;)

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure Kage knows he's overrated in Melee, though. It's something every Ganon main should know, and something everyone else hasn't worked out yet.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kage: Have not played with Ganon in P:M or played against him but from what I have seen he seems to be much better.

BUT he is really overrated in melee so that argument feels not like a perfect one ;)
He is overrated in what way? I know he has a good amount of bad match-ups.. but I mean with his new tools, those bad matchups arent nearly as bad.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Any matches recorded?
Lol jeez, we had a lot of really bad sets played on the recording setup for some reason super dumb reason.

Bad, as in really DAMN campy.

Dumb stuff like zard vs puff, TL vs TL, puff vs peach, etc etc.
Dumb MUs just so happened to be played on the recording setup, but we only had 3 setups around because some people who were supposed to bring setups bailed last second. :/ so people just used whatever setup was free at the time.

We got some decent stuff recorded though,
Losers finals: BigD (DDD) vs noobking (CF/Peach)
Winners finals: Meta (Wolf/Falco/Shielda) vs noobking (CF/Peach)
Grand finals: Meta (Falco) vs BigD (DDD)

As well as 3 MMs between noobking (peach/fox/ganon/mario/CF) and deap (falco/mario)

So much salt this tourney... I bracket ***** myself, and I was the TO... LOL
Plus I had to play all may matches one after the other for some stupid reason.

Plus the best brawl player in BC just came out of nowhere and WRECKED a bunch of our best melee players with DDD. Just gimped the f*** out of dem falcos. No one knew how to play against it since no one had DDD MU experience... =/ ...Some dude even CP'd Dreamland/ YS against him, so it was really dumb. Lol

I wish I met him in bracket though, I three stocked him in a friendly because toon link projectiles are awesome. Looool

Armada

Smash Lord
In melee he is overrated as a char compared to all the bad things with him (Im impressed how you make it work). I can explain why if you wanna hear but Im sure you al ready know those things.

In P:M I have no idea how good he is or pretty much how good anyone is cause I have not played the game much at all :p

Armada

Smash Lord
When my little brother was 4-5 years old he destroyed my Wii with a insane combo that not a single wii could survive (no one know how he did it).

So I can't play it at all except from tournaments and stuff like that.
Guess I have to wait for next tournament or something to show some more awesome pit stuff =)

Wolfy!

Indecisive
When my little brother was 4-5 years old he destroyed my Wii with a insane combo that not a single wii could survive (no one know how he did it).

So I can't play it at all except from tournaments and stuff like that.
Guess I have to wait for next tournament or something to show some more awesome pit stuff =)
There should be a "get Armada a new Wii fund". :p

Divinokage

Smash Legend
In melee he is overrated as a char compared to all the bad things with him (Im impressed how you make it work). I can explain why if you wanna hear but Im sure you al ready know those things.

In P:M I have no idea how good he is or pretty much how good anyone is cause I have not played the game much at all :p
Mmm maybe, perhaps im the only one overrating him that much because I do good with him. It's really hard for me to see otherwise because only I can see what I see, you know? lol.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Kage, do you have a copy of PM to practice with? My memory is you don't even have a copy of Melee, but I could be wrong.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
To be entirely honest, I didn't particularly enjoy your Melee Marth combo videos but I thought this was VERY well-made. Great job, I'll try to contribute more to the final product!

By the way, I'll be willing to upload any clips you want to use from my videos to DropBox so that they'll be higher quality.
That would be much appreciated.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
So your little brother dropped you Wii down a flight of stairs?

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I agree with with everything kage said, the dunk is just too good lol. Ganon is really really really good in this game, and double ganon is a ****ing awesome team, me and KO cleaned house with that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom