• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
How does your girlfriend feel about this?

On a more serious note, girlfriends are a waste of time. For every minute you spend with her, you could be spending a minute practicing PM. You need to understand what's truly important in life - Video games, not girls.
Selena Gomez is pretty; whats wrong with that?
I originally had my GF's picture as my avatar when I first made this account on the boards, but everyone thought I was her and I think someone from the BC boards even recognized her, so I took it off lol.

And why not have both? :D [Games and girls]

Also my GF will main Rosalina in SSB4. Or Tetra/Toon Zelda if that ever happens.
But who cares about that game when you have P:M? LOL

Still need more input on my stage lists for doubles/ singles: here
Potentially going to be running the first BIG P:M tournament in Pacific NorthWest on July 21st here in BC featuring players from Vancouver Island and Washington, so I really need to get those stage lists and rules finalized.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Amazing. Cool pit combos! Armada's got some competition. xD

How the hell do you even play doubles on Metal Cavern?
I've done it a fair bit. It's definitely playable. On paper we thought it would be absolutely terrible but even against a double Ike we did decently lol.

It's on my list of "It's fine until proven terrible"

iLink

Smash Champion
I've done a team of charizard and bowser with some friends and that stage is just way too tiny to have 4 people running around on it, if you can even call it running. We all agreed it was a terrible stage for doubles. It was just people running into random crap the whole time because it was way too difficult to actually space anything.

I would get rid of that crap and replace it with pictochat for doubles.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
now IIRC, they PMBR said the last 3 characters to be added are MK, Olimar and ICs, right? so who may be the next character added(besides Kirby)?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the last characters to be added will change based on when or if coding breakthroughs occur that allow us to work on them. for now enjoy 2.1, we spent countless hours on it. <_<

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
^ my bad SB, just curious. now that Brawl is 30 bucks I should have no problem getting it so I can have more free time to check it out soon.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
That all depends on how you define completed. Kirby could be in the demo before those characters, although he wouldn't technically be "completed"

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's fun to watch when any very good players are playing though. So much strategies and **** like that happening. Too fun to see. It's like a war.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Tested doubles at another P:M smashfest A LOT today.

Generally, people enjoyed playing on stages like hyrule castle, sse:jungle, dracula's castle, and saffron city. No one liked playing on castle seige, and pictochat was okay in my opinion, but generally people didn't really like playing there.

Also Toon Link+Puff is an awesome team lol

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Yeah, I agree with that too. Just more often than not, you aren't exactly watching Armada and Aniolas or Mango and Lucky play doubles.. especially in P:M lol

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I personally have little interest in doubles just because I'm not interested in seeing how I stack up coupled with somebody else; I'm only interested in testing my own abilities. Watching doubles is still sometimes fun since it is complex and whatnot, but it's not the form of smash that I care about and I hence prefer singles.

Also, I've been lazy the past week since I just finished the school year and wanted to just sit around and do nothing, but I'm going to get back into playing and stuff soon.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
I personally have little interest in doubles just because I'm not interested in seeing how I stack up coupled with somebody else; I'm only interested in testing my own abilities. Watching doubles is still sometimes fun since it is complex and whatnot, but it's not the form of smash that I care about and I hence prefer singles.

Also, I've been lazy the past week since I just finished the school year and wanted to just sit around and do nothing, but I'm going to get back into playing and stuff soon.
Doubles is a whole different game than singles, but both singles and doubles can contribute to improving each other.

A theory I heard on doubles is the safer you are, the more chance you have to win, and staying moderately safe is GOD in P:M. Smash is all about covering options in situations, therefore...

You'd ultimately be hurting your own advancement and improvement I your singles game if you don't at least learn to execute in your doubles game.

Just saying.
Rest city bish. Liked.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Looks like we're gonna have a big Project M-exclusive tournament at a real venue on July 25th here in MD. I'll be putting up a thread soon. Hope to see some East Coasters there!

metroid1117

Smash Master
JCaesar said:
Looks like we're gonna have a big Project M-exclusive tournament at a real venue on July 25th here in MD. I'll be putting up a thread soon. Hope to see some East Coasters there!
Well, I'd totally go... if I weren't across the country :(. I hope you guys get a big turnout from Melee and Brawl veterans too, not just avid PM players. It'd be great to see both communities supporting you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom