• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Smashmods is good, but getting feedback there is not null and void. I need wario advice on how to fight campy peaches. http://youtu.be/6ey5tQzoAr0
welp, i don't really play Wario but here's my 2 cents

stop playing so aggressive against her. you practically jumped into all of those d-smashes. take advantage of Wario's air mobility to bait her and then punish. also, stop trying to challenge her dash attack, you're not gonna win. go for a shield grab instead. space more bairs, learn how to shield turnips, she was putting you in bad positions cuz you were too busy trying to avoid them. also stop trying to combo her like she is a spacie lol, you were going for things that for sure would not work. get in, deal damage and get out...or she will just nair you mid-combo. you caught on to some things by the 3rd match and won. keep those things in mind.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Smashmods is good, but getting feedback there is not null and void. I need wario advice on how to fight campy peaches. http://youtu.be/6ey5tQzoAr0
Try not using your side-b so much/ so predictably. There were a few times were you just sideb'd straight into her and she just dsmashed/ grabbed you.

Also, try not to approach so much. Play similarly to how a puff would play, that's how meta showed me how to effectively use wario. If you play like a puff, you'll cut down on many of the problems you have against peach.

You did fine though tbh, just tiny things like predictable side-b's got you punished. Also, USE YOUR FART! It does 40% if you land a full charge, and you can legitimately combo into it by using DAir-> Fart. Meta call's it the BUTT-Combo.

Also instead of trying to kill peach off the side, kill her off the top. UAir has a sweetspot that is a very good kill-move. It'll probably end up being your go-to kill move against peach.

I don't really play wario though, but I play against Meta's Wario a lot, so I learned a lot about him through that.

iLink

Smash Champion
Getting those uair kills are easier said then done, especially against peach. More often then not, you are going to find yourself in a position to kill her with a good bair or fsmash, you won't get those opportunities to uair much.

Also if peach is just throwing turnips at you without advancing (as in just throwing them in place and not moving in the air), I find it not too hard to catch them with a wavedash and use them against her.

Only other advice I can give is not to rely on sideb too often against characters with high priority like peach and to try using more bairs.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Up-angled ftilt beats a lot of her approaches.

This discussion should really be on smashmods though so it isn't lost forever.
theres a special place in hell for anyone who had a part of making this P:M bowser.

hes freaking gay as stik
Get ready to camp your *** off haha. It's the only way to beat Bowser, because he wrecks most characters up close.

abcool

Smash Ace
Alright thanks for the feedback guys. In our second Bo5 rematch i beat him. I started using dthrow mixups and garanteed Shoulderbash. The guy that said Uair is hard to land is correct. I just couldn't get her cause peach main just kept Di'ing it properly. I got ***** with Shoulderbash because i was trying to force a shield and Cancel it with a crouch and punish, but he just spammed dmash and ate me alive lol.

Using more aerials in our rematch helped. I will paste the vid here soon.

@JC. The reason i didn't use smashmods is because i posted a vid in their before asking for advice and got none, this thread believe it or not is super active. I will remember most of the things they told me, especially stop trying to combo her like a spacie lmao. I gotta be fancy idk why lmao.

Edit: Here is the rematch, this was before i read the advice btw

http://youtu.be/k75dtCkw7LA

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I think you'd be a lot more likely to get a response if you ask specific questions, rather than post a video and ask for feedback. I'm sure you got something helpful here, but if anyone else has the same questions in the future, the won't be an organized matchup discussion on Smashmods to point them to, so they'll just have to ask, and everyone will have to repeat the same answers, etc.

:phone:

abcool

Smash Ace
I think you'd be a lot more likely to get a response if you ask specific questions, rather than post a video and ask for feedback. I'm sure you got something helpful here, but if anyone else has the same questions in the future, the won't be an organized matchup discussion on Smashmods to point them to, so they'll just have to ask, and everyone will have to repeat the same answers, etc.

That is why i wished this place had a subforum.(I know MLG doesn't allow it) I am not even looking forward to smash 4 tbh. Probably gonna be another brawl i throw in my bag of games that catch dust. Smashmods needs more activity. It's hard to ask specific questions with the game being so new. Posting a video and getting replies from everyone points out things i didn't know i wa doing wrong in the first place. If i ask how to deal with peach turnips in another post they will give me the answer to that, but in this by posting the vid i was told what i did wrong, how to do it right and how to deal with the turnips in the process.

I understand the purpose of smashmods and you want to collect the data on matchups and not get all repetitive with the same responses, but until people start getting regular feedback it will hardly be the go to place.

Tron Cat

Smash Rookie
There should be a really big Project M tourney. Like a tournament ONLY for project M

P.S. I'd be completely willing to help make this happen in anyway that I can.

Tron Cat

Smash Rookie
I don't know about "really big" (tbh there's not much interest in it right now), but there's going to be a PM-only tourney in Cali that I'm planning on going to.
Well... I'm from NJ so that's a no-go for me. I'd love to see more interest in this game because it's really fun, technical, and new. I'd be hyped to see a project M tourney, then have that domino into making the game big. Something new to hold us off until smash 4 at least. :urg:

Armada

Smash Lord
Haha I think those donations are a bit to much :p
WIll maybe buy a Wii in the future but only because of P:M and Megaman 9 and 10.

UltiMario: The weird thing is that if you look at the wii it seems like it will work. The things is that he -erased everything on the wii and all GC games files
- Uploaded the wii so I can't get some of my stuff back (have to buy some games again)
- The laser don't read games anymore
- The Laser DESTROY every disc you put inside of the Wii (gladly I tried with Brawl before I knew it).

Probably something I don't remember from this completly insane combo :p

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I don't know about "really big" (tbh there's not much interest in it right now), but there's going to be a PM-only tourney in Cali that I'm planning on going to.
I'd go if there was a carpool from Socal, but I doubt I could find enough people in my area willing to make a long commute for a PM event, especially one that isn't getting any hype.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Armada, if your wii can still turn on, you can install homebrew (through letter bomb or other methods that don't involve discs) and try and load burned discs/USB load. If you want to do that, go to the IRC for help.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Well... I'm from NJ so that's a no-go for me. I'd love to see more interest in this game because it's really fun, technical, and new. I'd be hyped to see a project M tourney, then have that domino into making the game big. Something new to hold us off until smash 4 at least. :urg:
Make one so I can join my first tournament and get wrecked :D

Seriously though, I would try to come to this. NE PA doesn't have a huge smash scene.. Hell I don't think it has one period lol.

Tron Cat

Smash Rookie
I'm going to try to set up a tourney myself once I settle in to my new town. There's a rather large gamestore around the corner, and I'm going to check it out to see if it's a viable venue. I'll be posting my findings here. This goes out to any NJ/NY smashers.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
We've had a few side events and a dedicated P:M tourney here in MD since the demo release. Also got pretty good turnout on the side at Zenith.

We may be having a good size dedicated P:M tourney here late next month, just waiting to hear back from the venue.

Tron Cat

Smash Rookie
We've had a few side events and a dedicated P:M tourney here in MD since the demo release. Also got pretty good turnout on the side at Zenith.

We may be having a good size dedicated P:M tourney here late next month, just waiting to hear back from the venue.

MD as in Maryland? If the size is big enough I might hop over.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
My next P:M tournament will include a doubles bracket. I Just didn't have a stage list ready or the time to run doubles last tournament.

Doubles has some serious potential to be very interesting with the new character variety. It'll be fun figuring out which team compositions work the best! :p So far, double Ike seems to me like such a ridiculous team lol.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
If possible, I'd really like some educated opinions about the doubles stage list I made. Its been tested out a bit, but I really feel like I need more people's input before I use the list in a tournament.

No one commented or anything about it besides a question why I left in metal cavern. Also I'd like critiques on my singles list as well.

Tron Cat

Smash Rookie
If possible, I'd really like some educated opinions about the doubles stage list I made. Its been tested out a bit, but I really feel like I need more people's input before I use the list in a tournament.

No one commented or anything about it besides a question why I left in metal cavern. Also I'd like critiques on my singles list as well.
Doubles: All's well, save for saffron city.

Singles: Warioware and Skyworld (pit stage) should be neutrals. Warioware because it's even on both sides the whole way through. No mini games. Skyworld because I'm using the logic that if fountain of dreams is a neutral, then this should be too.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
If you read the last post in that thread, I stated that I wanted to get rid of FoD from the neutrals list. I might end up replacing it with WarioWare, but I wasn't sure about it so I left in it for my tourney.

Tron Cat

Smash Rookie
Every time I see 'daze's avatar pic, for three seconds I consider kicking my game to him because it's selena gomez. Then I remember, it's actually a guy, and I **** myself.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Uhm, yeah.

That was kinda off topic, but for clarification, I am a guy. Although I usually have my computer on with a smashboards tab open, so my GF sometimes posts on my account as well. So if it's a trollish post or something kinda dumb, it's probably her. LOL

But yeah, I'm not Selena Gomez nor is my GF. I just think she's really pretty :p

Edit:
Specks is a guy too, ya goofs. Girls don exits on da intrewebzz.

inb4 selena gomez actually plays smash

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
But yeah, I'm not Selena Gomez nor is my GF. I just think she's really pretty :p
How does your girlfriend feel about this?

On a more serious note, girlfriends are a waste of time. For every minute you spend with her, you could be spending a minute practicing PM. You need to understand what's truly important in life - Video games, not girls.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
More importantly, Zamus.

Man I can't wait to play me some Zamus:M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom