• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Looks like we're gonna have a big Project M-exclusive tournament at a real venue on July 25th here in MD. I'll be putting up a thread soon. Hope to see some East Coasters there!
A Wednesday?

That is wack

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
That sounds pretty cool. If I can make it, I'll come. Unfortunately, I currently have absolutely no clue as to whether or not I'd be able to make it. I'll have a better idea in a week or so.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Wavedash =/= Dash Attack.

That is correct. Wavedash gives you more options while staying mobile, without worrying about endlag

Meanwhile, Dash Attack only allows you to pick up the Gyro while attacking in one direction, which could potentially get you punished more easily.
Stating the obvious here, and reiterating what I had already posted, but the conversation won't proceed at this point; either you're agreeing with what I stated or you're trying to make a case for something which is unclear. I guess I'll wait until that changes.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
^Lol ****.

Anyways, I'm very pleased to announce that I will be hosting the very first BIG Project:M tournament in the Pacific North-West region right here in BC on July 21st. Clear your schedules, it's going to be BIG.

Both BC's monthly melee tournament, and BC's monthly brawl tournament are being hosted on the 21st, with P:M joining along side them to make for a tournament of epic proportions. We will be having players from WA, Vancouver Island, and possibly Alberta all here attending this momentous event. The best of melee, and the best of brawl from all over the Pacific North-West are coming together in a clash to see who is the best of the best in Project:M! Get HYPE!

Everything will be live streamed on http://www.twitch.tv/dazee_ so don't miss it! We will be featuring top melee players such as SilentWolf, BladeWise, Toph, SION, and possibly BluntedObject_10 among many others, as well as top brawl players from the region as well.

Get HYPE! If you are near the area, you DO NOT want to miss this event. It's going to be HUGE.

Will have a thread up within the next 24 hours as well as a post in here with a link to it.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Doubles is a whole different game than singles, but both singles and doubles can contribute to improving each other.

A theory I heard on doubles is the safer you are, the more chance you have to win, and staying moderately safe is GOD in P:M. Smash is all about covering options in situations, therefore...

You'd ultimately be hurting your own advancement and improvement I your singles game if you don't at least learn to execute in your doubles game.

Just saying.
Rest city bish. Liked.
I'm reasonably good at doubles; I just don't care for it. I'm also confident that I can learn everything I need to about singles solely from singles. My improvement over the past five years is consistent with this.

The theory you heard on doubles is ridiculously oversimplified. What you should do in doubles heavily depends on your team, the opponents' team, the opponents' playstyles, the stage, etc. I generally play support when I do doubles (although I can do aggro when appropriate) and hence tend to play pretty safely, but this generally wouldn't work well if I didn't have a ballsier teammate.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I prefer doubles to singles by and far. Just saying.

Whether or not doubles helps singles or not doesn't really matter. We ARE playing to have fun after all. This isn't Brawl.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm reasonably good at doubles; I just don't care for it. I'm also confident that I can learn everything I need to about singles solely from singles. My improvement over the past five years is consistent with this.

The theory you heard on doubles is ridiculously oversimplified. What you should do in doubles heavily depends on your team, the opponents' team, the opponents' playstyles, the stage, etc. I generally play support when I do doubles (although I can do aggro when appropriate) and hence tend to play pretty safely, but this generally wouldn't work well if I didn't have a ballsier teammate.
You can literally write a book like the Art of War just from playing doubles, it's so sick. lol. There's tons of things to pay attention to.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny

Well everyone has their own opinion. I've seen this theory help, but it's not required law. I'm sorry if I offended you.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
If there are multiple streams going at once I usually just jump back and forth between them. Streams frequently have boring matches going on in between the hype stuff and when that happens I usually take a break and do something else. You should still put up your tournament stream.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Yeah, I will. There's no question about that.

I just don't like having to compete for viewers, especially against a cool customer like JC who has 9000 subscribers :p

My stream will feature big names like Silentwolf, Bladewise, Sion, Toph, etc etc though, so I dunno, maybe it'll get a fair amount as well. JC is just too cool to compete for viewers against :<

iLink

Smash Champion
Of all the days to have project m tournaments, you guys end up having 2 on the same day lol.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Wasn't able to get an earlier date. We were supposed to have July 14, but apparently our venue said we couldn't do it on that day since some new Magic TCG set was being released that day, and it'll be crowded with Magic players.

(Our venue is a large card-game shop with a big area in the back for playing cards/ smash/ other nerdy things like DnD and stuff lolol)

9Kplus1

Smash Master
... You guys are in two different timezones. By the time singles are nearly done over here, you guys would have probably just finished dubs -- and a large audience maintaining interest in streamed doubles (in any Smash game) is a very rare sight. Unless you WCers absolutely must start doubles at 9 am~, there shouldn't be much of a problem if you two 'clash' streams. You could catch our dubs before yours, even.

That having been said... Toph?? Toph plays P:M?? Raaaaaaaaape.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
That's true, 9k. I forgot about the fact that you guys are 3 hours ahead of us. Thanks for reminding me, our stuff should be completely fine then. ^_^

Our venue opens at 12, so it'll be 3 over there by the time we even start setting up. And Toph thinks P:M is cool. Basically everyone in WA does. There was a point during a Gameclucks tournament where the ENTIRE VENUE was watching Meta moneymatch some of WA's best players in P:M. Anwyays, he thinks Fox feels different, but Falco feels identical to melee. Go figure.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Happy Birthday, ToastUnit! <3

My P:M Tournament, Project eMpire, has its details placed in BC's Melee Monthly Thread.
As it stands at the moment, Project eMpire will either happen on saturday(July21st) or sunday(July22nd).

If Brawl or Melee flops, we'll be able to fit P:M on saturday. If not, Sunday will be our go-to day exclusively for P:M.

iLink

Smash Champion
Wasn't able to get an earlier date. We were supposed to have July 14, but apparently our venue said we couldn't do it on that day since some new Magic TCG set was being released that day, and it'll be crowded with Magic players.

(Our venue is a large card-game shop with a big area in the back for playing cards/ smash/ other nerdy things like DnD and stuff lolol)
That's funny because our project m tournament is on July 14

here's a facebook page for it if anyone hasn't seen it http://www.facebook.com/events/439893449362270/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom