• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
).

Wavedash =/= Dash Attack (as I explained how an attack in conjunction with a Pickup action is both distinct and beneficial

:
Wavedash =/= Dash Attack.

That is correct. Wavedash gives you more options while staying mobile, without worrying about endlag

Meanwhile, Dash Attack only allows you to pick up the Gyro while attacking in one direction, which could potentially get you punished more easily.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Pit sucks though. Armada is just a good players (sound argument). :D

Pit's Dtilt on the edge I thought was gay 2 months ago. 2 months later I still think it's gay...His Up-B sweet-spot and his Meteor Dair I've given up on because I miss them too often. His Fsmash and his Usmash annoy me but aside from that. Everything else about Pit is good. So it's just a matter of everyone everyone figuring out what they can do vs pit, learning his weaknesses and finding a way around him. Armada won a tournament with Pit so he's #1

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff today Armada. I think Pit is good, but I think that about all the characters in some way. Armada just plays him really well, and has great arrow control.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I used to think charizard is bad, but kiraflax has been consistently placing in the top 3 in az tournaments.

Check out oaksmash if you guys want good footage.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I really want a crew rematch when we both have our whole crews and we're all well-rested (Not johning - you guys won fair and square and were definitely beyond our capabilities). Obviously, you guys outnumber us, so maybe you'd just have to put up who you'd consider your top five against all five of us... Or maybe we should make more friends...

Either way, in case I never made it clear - last weekend was super duper fun, and totally worth our crazy long trip. You guys making this game has made our group super hyped for Smash, which hasn't happened since, like, highschool (which for us old fogies was circa '05 or so). This has easily been the most fun I've had with video games for a long long time.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
A real crew battle shouldn't be more than 5v5 anyway. Our 5 would be me, cmart, Thunderhorse, Count Kaiser, and Ryoko, no question. Sadly none of the other 3 could make it. We are training up our fledgeling crew members though.

Anytime you guys wanna come by, you are welcome here. Maybe we can meet halfway sometime. Pittsburgh perhaps? Carroll, when the next Pittsburgh tourney?

metroid1117

Smash Master
LOOOOOOL Nah I didn't mean in terms of players I meant in terms of the characters.

Characters like Mario, Marth, Falcon, Fox, Falco, Sheik(vets)

vs Lucario, Wolf, Lucas, Wario, Pit....etc
I think having Fox, Falco, Mario, Zelda, Sheik, Link, and Ganon all on the same crew would beat out Ike, Lucario, TL, Wolf, and the other Brawl newcomers >.>. It sounds like it'd be a fun idea though.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Well It would have to be more than 8 vs 8 in this case would be better I think.

Depending on the players are I don't think it would be too terrible.

Fox, Falco, Puff are hard enough to overcome but They are very doable.

Assuming you pick the best Melee vets(arguable now since in some ways Bowser is more of a threat than he was) but I can see some MU's going good for the newcomers.

I think a good Snake, Lucario, Tink, Pit, Rob, Sonic, DDD, Wario...etc if used right could do well if not win the battle.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Right, so Marth's Fsmash is useless because the player using Marth could just Utilt instead and start a juggle?
Marth's F-Smash comes out very fast and is very strong while Link's F-smash comes out slow, and side-tilt is slow and weak, I'm saying there's always at least 1 option overshadowing the forward tilt

You should keep in mind that percent numbers can drastically change the mindset of either player. If an opposing character is at a kill percent for one of Link's more potent KO moves, then it's very likely that they player using said character will make a mental note of where it's safest to approach Link. Dsmash, Utilt, Usmash, Zair, etc all have their respective faults, and cannot cover all of Link's blindspots simultaneously. Link's Ftilt adds another option to his already amazing zoning; it's another 'bubble' which the player using Link could use to cover certain areas.
Said bubble is extremely telegraphed and doesn't come out quick enough to hit a character before they can shield, jabbing is a better option if the character is in front of you, and up-tilt is a better option if they are above you, neither of those attacks have much of a fault, there's no place or need for side-tilt

Batting people away, maybe?
down-smash is better on the ground cause it's stronger and comes out faster, side-smash is only a bit slower but has more horizontal range, and F-Air is stronger, besides batting people away is something you'd only want to bother to do when the opponent is in kill range, and Link has much better options for a kill than side-tilt

You're 'rating' Ftilt through the utilization of that nonsensically aggressive "everything must combo / kill / do something silly in order to have a use"
Not even close, characters have useless moves, look at Ganondorf's up-tilt, I'm saying the side-tilt for Link is just that, a useless move, not every move for a character needs to be good, I was just pointing out that the side-tilt was slightly buffed to become useful, but that buff was in vain because the move is still useless

it's much better to play Link conservatively, and space Ftilts, in order to prevent to opposition from breaching Link's defenses -- effectively amplifying Link's defensive game and thus making him a more formidable (and for that matter, irritating) force.
No not really, the boomerang is a better spacing option, same with Z-air, arrows, F-Smash, and even SHFFL'd F-airs, jumping back and tossing a boomerang is especially good, f-tilt doesn't have the range for it to be a spacing tool, a lot of characters have an attack that is within range to hit Link and can whip it out after blocking Link's f-tilt, at least with his f-smash they get pushed back if they block it, the Z-air has significantly more range, same with SHFF arrows, and SHFFL's f-airs let Link block in time, possibly to Spin Attack OoS against a counter-attack, the f-tilt doesn't have a place here really from my experience as I've recently tried it, only to have it over-powered, have it miss from lack of range, or have it blocked then counter-attacked

Ftilt may not kill as early as Dair, combo as well as Utilt and Dthrow, or linger as long as Nair, but it certainly has use against players who understand Link and know how to stop a lot of his bull****.
F-tilt isn't a good killing option, and it's not a combo move either, and I think I've played enough of Link against my friend (who can now reflect my boomerangs and arrows 80% of the time with shielding) for him to know Link's weaknesses as he's exploited them a decent amount of times, and as far as I've tried, F-tilt has proved a useless option for any purpose, overshadowed by a clearly better one

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I need to make a trip up to JC's sometime, I can't let you Ohio guys be the ones having all the fun.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
nooooo!!!!!

otto and teddy **** way too much LOL

otto's lucario/wolf and teddy's peach will probably be enough to take us out alone lmao

actually no, we wouldn't get ***** thaaat hard, but I don't think we'd win lol.

metroid1117

Smash Master
nooooo!!!!!

otto and teddy **** way too much LOL

otto's lucario/wolf and teddy's peach will probably be enough to take us out alone lmao

actually no, we wouldn't get ***** thaaat hard, but I don't think we'd win lol.
Does Teddy = Bladewise and Otto = SilentWolf? If so, then I didn't know Bladewise played PM; that's good news to me.

Archangel said:
Well It would have to be more than 8 vs 8 in this case would be better I think.

Depending on the players are I don't think it would be too terrible.

Fox, Falco, Puff are hard enough to overcome but They are very doable.

Assuming you pick the best Melee vets(arguable now since in some ways Bowser is more of a threat than he was) but I can see some MU's going good for the newcomers.

I think a good Snake, Lucario, Tink, Pit, Rob, Sonic, DDD, Wario...etc if used right could do well if not win the battle.
I just meant that going off the speculative tier lists that people have been coming up with, the Melee crew would win because they seem to have more characters that are supposedly higher tiered compared to the Brawl crew. Sorry for not clarifying.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
It would be very tough for the newcomers I won't lie.....still it would be a good test of just how well the meleefication process really went.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Yes metroid, right on the money. :p

Pretty much everyone from the WA scene has tried P:M and liked it. There was even one point in the last GC shadic and I were at that the ENTIRE VENUE was watching hype P:M money-matches. It was mostly Meta getting done in by WA's best players for the most part though. Still, it was super hype lol

iLink

Smash Champion
Obligatory comment regarding Namco helping to develop next smash game.

Might as well get it out of the way.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
y'all aren't prepared for the PMBR vs. The World crew battle

if only Ryoko was interested in attending FC

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
If that battle took place the day before the official release I'd have bet my money on the PMBR. Honestly though, if the best players from around the world go up against the PMBR...it's looking grim.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
JC, isn't 9k in your crew?

And at FC we might be interested in a 4v4 crew battle ourselves ;)
9K falls under the category of "fledgeling crew members who we're currently training."

And hell yeah. We'll have to see who's coming though.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering, when will you go back to playing the dev beta on the streams? As much as I like Demo 2, I'd like to see how the unreleased characters are coming along.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Not at all for the foreseeable future. We want everyone to focus on the released characters and not be distracted by new ones. Build a solid metagame, then we'll talk.

:phone:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
9K falls under the category of "fledgeling crew members who we're currently training."

And hell yeah. We'll have to see who's coming though.
9k got 4stocked by Roooster. You're going to have to give him a lot of training. Especially once Kirby's in PM.

Also, are you sure you can't just sneak Kirby into your stream sometimes? I know you don't want to distract people from the current characters, but Kirby's cool. If you don't show him, you'll start hearing his Melee taunt everywhere you go.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Lol hold your horses with this kirby stuff and wait till they finish making the darn character xD

Just play the game for now. It's not like before where we had an unplayable demo1, so jeez just play the game :p

Even if they were to show you underdeveloped characters, they WOULD be different by the time they've been revealed/ released in the future, so what's the point? Most of them are probably still brawl+ mode anyway.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
There is no point. I just like Kirby. Besides, who wants to play the game? That's boring. It's much more fun to sit around and trash talk about Kirby.

Now, for your act of discouraging seeing Kirby, you will also be cursed with hearing his Melee taunt everywhere.

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
If in a tourney, if there are an odd amount of people, they should just make the odd one out play computers. Then a computer could possibly get 1st. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom