• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
are you implying that mario is not very good and it was just wobbles who carried the character to victory? lol

wobbles is good, mario is good. end of story

oksas

oak-sauce
are you implying that mario is not very good and it was just wobbles who carried the character to victory? lol

wobbles is good, mario is good. end of story

no no, not what i meant. i more or less meant that it's Wobbles, so he's probably going to win regardless. didn't mean mario was bad, because he quite obviously is not.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I've encountered literally zero shield breaks so far outside of Lucas' god damn Bair.

iLink

Smash Champion
Ive gotten a few shield breaks here and there. I dont get the chance too often because half the people I play are roll happy brawl players.

:phone:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
There are definitely more shield breaks going on. The shielding in this game is just a little bizarre and in some cases...it's just too easy to Shield-grab people. Thus setting people into a comfortable style of abusing the imperfections of the current shields. Then when a character (falco) for example starts putting shield pressure on you and ****** your Shield grab attempts you stop shield grabbing. So then you try to WD OoS with someone like Bowser and you realize it's damn near impossible to do so in most cases you just keep shielding and that's when it happens. *break*.

Could be worse though...you could start noob rolling all over the place and then get read like a children's book.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I've never done uairs with the control stick. I've always used the C stick to avoid wasting my double jump. I don't see why you'd use the control stick to do a uair, lol.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah, which is why I have no idea what point Spam Arrows was trying to make. Even with a balls slow wavedash, Bowser is still nearly impossible to shield pressure.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Yeah, which is why I have no idea what point Spam Arrows was trying to make. Even with a balls slow wavedash, Bowser is still nearly impossible to shield pressure.

I don't think he was complaining about Bowser's OoS options, he was saying shields break unnaturally quickly and was using Bowser as an example... but I don't see how he could because Bowser's up-b >_>

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Gotta learn to use them analog skills. You don't have to mash up on the stick to do a uair.
I guess, it was way simpler with tap jump off lol

You could also use cstick do a uair instead.
Pretty much what I'm doing now, just gotta get out of the habit of using the control stick

I've never done uairs with the control stick. I've always used the C stick to avoid wasting my double jump. I don't see why you'd use the control stick to do a uair, lol.
cause I played with tap jump off for a long time, got used to it

Darkji

Smash Cadet
Is it just me or is the SSE mode incomplete ?
It always freezes when I have to fight against the giant fake Diddy Kong... :mad:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I've been able to fully complete it. The only major problem is not being able to select any other characters other than Mario, DK, and Link.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
So I'm really liking what you guys did with Lucario. His moonwalk is the sex.

I was trying to pick up pit too but hitting arrows from deep just isn't satisfying anymore.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
lol @ anyone complaining about Bowser's OoS options

Again....that was the point. I was not complaining about Bowsers OoS options. I was simply addressing those people who were complaining about Shield breaks. Stating what was most likely happening to them and what not. The point was to say that you are an idiot of you are getting your shield broken or you are not exploring fully the characters ability to escape shield pressure...but you know..without actually saying it....but nobody really noticed that so I just said it straight forward.....**** you guys though and **** ganon. I hate that guy now he's so obnoxious with his stupid side-B and usable falcon kick...**** that dude. **** him!

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
ive broken about 10 shields with luigi doing ledge hop dair, falling nair, jab jab jab.

punished with taunt kick, to DD up B :yeahboi:

but like everyones moves just do WORK on shields. whats the point of a shield if it cant take attacks. although not a super big deal i was messing around with vudu doing co op boss battles. if you shield anything it breaks. its ********

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Next time you think someone's gonna break your shield, try this: Hold L/R, and push the C-stick left or right. Bam, shield break averted! You're welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom