• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turazrok

Smash Master
It's not really bad at all. Because of his weight and aerial mobility, he can make it back to the stage from pretty far away with just Side B alone. If he's far down below the stage and has a full charged fart, he can use that to assuredly get back to the edge (though like his other specials, it also goes into special fall).

Wario's recovery is easy to intercept but he can make it back pretty far, so I think it's more the players are just QQ'ing either because they were used to Wario from Brawl (if they did play him in Brawl, which you don't mention) or because they don't quite understand the character's recovery options well enough still (no offense to them or anything obviously).
I for one did play wario in vbrawl so it's weird. Also using fart as a recovery option is a very poor choice.

Well he definitely has a zone that he can recover from, and he's completely helpless if he gets sent too far away from the stage horizontally while he's at or below the ledge level. But if he's high up, it's not actually too bad. His air mobility is almost as good as Jigglypuff's, so he can use the shoulder bash high up, or fall a little before using it, and still drift towards the stage even in specialfall. You just have to try not to get hit since you'll be charging straight into where your opponent is waiting. If you have the fart ready you can fall below the stage and use it for a vertical boost.

Even so, I'd say that recovery is not one of his strong points, especially compared to most other characters who have more reliable recoveries.
Either way thanks for the advice guys.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
It makes me so sad Ness doesn't have DJC :c
he does and so does lucas

DJC= let go of jump while performing aerial

no DJC = hold jump while performing aerial.

I'm actually hype for next week anyway because project M looks a hell of a lot more fun to commentate than Brawl.

plus my lucario >>>>>>>> (once I stop playing P:M like brawl)

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
He does have DJC. He just also has the ability to do rising aerials as well.

Holding the jump button allows for a rising aerial, but tapping it or just a quick press (or flick) allows it to be cancelled. I think yoshi and lucas also have this.

Question about wario's recovery since we're on the topic. Can't test it myself right now :/ If you save your second jump and use the extra hop in his side-b, does it still put you in special fall afterwards?

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
hotdogturtle, I've got 2 setups with crt tvs for that tournament, though both wii's have homebrew, and mine is bricked so I have to start it through bootmii now through homebrew, don't know if that matters... you think this is good enough?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
He does have DJC. He just also has the ability to do rising aerials as well.

Holding the jump button allows for a rising aerial, but tapping it or just a quick press (or flick) allows it to be cancelled. I think yoshi and lucas also have this.

Question about wario's recovery since we're on the topic. Can't test it myself right now :/ If you save your second jump and use the extra hop in his side-b, does it still put you in special fall afterwards?
Grounded sideB -> before you go offstage, jump -> double jump works. Grounded sideB -> go offstage -> double jump. They both do not waste your double jump.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
So it has to be the grounded version. If you're in the air already and use it you'll special fall? Though I don't know that you'd ever need to recover from that far, I was just wondering if aerial side-b -> hop -> double jump -> up-b worked.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
By the way, we were mentionned again on the IGN Nintendo podcast in a pretty posititive light while they were talking about Smash Bros. Wii U, lol.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
So it has to be the grounded version. If you're in the air already and use it you'll special fall? Though I don't know that you'd ever need to recover from that far, I was just wondering if aerial side-b -> hop -> double jump -> up-b worked.
Aerial sideB will send you into special fall regardless. You can aerial sideB -> hit a wall -> double jump, though.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Maybe I'm just slow and missed something since I've been busy with vocational bull****, but whatever happened to the patch that Eternal_Yoshi talked about? :<

metroid1117

Smash Master
I made this video in response to someone on SmashMods, but I figured it would be helpful to post it here as well. The video shows some (but not all) attacks hitting through the apex of Ike's Aether. The ones shown are Falco's DAir, Marth's FSmash, Falcon's DAir, Bowser's FAir, Bowser's DAir (which works particularly well if Ike goes low), Charizard's DTilt, and Charizard's BAir.

Just to reiterate, the video is only meant to show that hitting Ike out of a high recovery is possible, but NOT optimal. One of the best ways to edgeguard him is (as it says in the description) to grab the edge, force him to land on the stage, and punish him like you would with Sheik's recovery. Like any other recovery (except Mario's if he wall-jumps), Ike gets edgehogged if you grab the edge when he's trying to sweetspot. The timing for this is hard to do on reaction, but Melee players are used to edgehogging faster recoveries like Marth's and Doc's because they time it based on their opponent's options. If Ike is a low %s and can double jump, QD wall-jump, and delay Aether at his own leisure, don't expect to reliably kill him from edgeguards. As mentioned above, force him to land on the stage and then punish him from there.

Tatoo

Smash Rookie
Sorry to people who were already enjoying my Torn Sky FD texture... But I've already made another texture, so now you have to decide between them.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26150

I know it doesn't look as big as Final Destination, but it is. It's just that the bottom part of the stage starts fading out as it gets farther down. If anyone plays on it and finds that the invisible part messes you up, send me some feedback about it and I'll consider adjusting it.
This is an awesome stage. I was curious though. If I placed it over another stage say, Pictochat, would it still work? I'd like to keep Melee FD but this stage is too awesome not to use.

CloroxTheKid

Smash Rookie
Ign also covered Project M in a super good light in the Nintendo Voice Chat Podcast that was on April 20th forty minutes into the podcast until it finished. By the way it sounds, ign really supports the project. I feel that a sponsorship from them to maybe get some full time developers in the BR wouldn't be too far from possible.

:phone:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Ign also covered Project M in a super good light in the Nintendo Voice Chat Podcast that was on April 20th forty minutes into the podcast until it finished. By the way it sounds, ign really supports the project. I feel that a sponsorship from them to maybe get some full time developers in the BR wouldn't be too far from possible.

:phone:
To clarify, it starts around 40:30 into the podcast.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Hey guys, if you guys find high quality fan-made Project M videos (informative ones or combo vids), send them my way. It will help me on a Project I'm working on for us.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Possibly a compendium on the basic and advanced techniques for characters? I was personally thinking of trying to do that for a few characters just to help new and veteran players quickly understand the technical stuff that a character is capable of.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
If you make that kind of vid, do send me a PM. I think the community has so much to offer. I'll try to get you guys some Youtube hits at the same time, lol.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Possibly a compendium on the basic and advanced techniques for characters? I was personally thinking of trying to do that for a few characters just to help new and veteran players quickly understand the technical stuff that a character is capable of.
Well I'm currently working on a video about Ike's side B. If a "How2play:pM" Video is going to be made I could offer help.

Revven

FrankerZ
And as a general comment, smashboards should support you guys more.
It can't be helped. Smashboards is owned by MLG and MLG is afraid of law suits from Nintendo so they can't have any "hacks" on the front page of the forums (because that would imply MLG supports "hacks"). Ergo Project M cannot be more "supported" so to speak.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, my idea is to have character-specific videos that cover move damage, KB, and angles as well as their unique techniques. I'm getting a job this summer meaning buying a video recording program could be feasible. I just don't have anything decent to edit with besides the stuff I could borrow on campus.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I don't keep up with this thread but checked a few pages back, I checked the OP about Known Bugs, but couldn't find the answer to my problem. My game freezes when Falcon tries to UpB OoS and would have grabbed the opponent. He gets into the crouching animation on UpB, and it freezes instantly, but the music still plays.

I didn't add any files/textures extra to my SD Card after downloading PM, I even used the Gecko OS provided in the PM download, as well as the one I was using before I downloaded PM, and I got the freeze in both.
re-posting in hopes someone knows how to help me with this problem.

Metà

Smash Master
I tried doing an up-B slip-off at the edge with Toon Link and it just canceled the move entirely, rather than sliding off while doing it. Is this a known bug? I haven't tried it with Link yet but I'd assume he has a similar problem.

EDIT: nvm, it works with Link.

Revven

FrankerZ
I tried doing an up-B slip-off at the edge with Toon Link and it just canceled the move entirely, rather than sliding off while doing it. Is this a known bug? I haven't tried it with Link yet but I'd assume he has a similar problem.

EDIT: nvm, it works with Link.
Pretty sure it's not a bug and more just because TL's Up B is mechanically different from Link's (since TL can move it on his own). Personally, it's more to TL's character to just fall like that off the edge from the Hurricane Spin. And I'm aware YL could do it, but TL is sort of a mixed bag of every Link soo... I don't know.

Buuuuuut I guess if it bugs people maybe we'll change it. Maybe, assuming the character actually needs something like that.

It could have also just been an oversight. Like we've said a million times before, we're still working on the game. :)

re-posting in hopes someone knows how to help me with this problem.
Nobody else has ever experienced your particular issue or even reported it. We can't seem to replicate it either. I'd recommend defragging your SD Card and if that doesn't work, reformatting it. And if that doesn't work, try a different SD Card all together.

TheBro4Show

Smash Rookie
Just wanna say how was Ganondorf normal up A not fixed? that move takes forever to do (like 3 seconds to charge ) and is a waste of a move. Maybe add captain falcons up A which doesnt take forever? That will make Ganon alot more usable IMO

just my 2cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom