• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I heard that there's even a vs mode where you can play against your friends!
No way, that was just something Sakurai promised for Brawl but didn't have the time to put in. Quite frankly I don't blame him. Coin Brawl is far superior in concept and execution and tripping was a much better use of their development time anyway. I don't understand why P:M would remove it. :troll:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Is it just me or is the SSE mode incomplete ?
It always freezes when I have to fight against the giant fake Diddy Kong... :mad:
IIRC, you can complete the SSE, but you just can't use any character past DK, Mario, and Link. This is because Samus is next in line to be unlocked in SSE, but Samus isn't available in Demo 2, so it prevents any other characters from being unlocked.

I'd assume the giant fake Diddy Kong freezing would be because it's trying to load Mario.

Has anyone had a freeze when playing Boss Battles? I haven't tried it in Demo 2, but I froze a bit a while back.
I don't like BtT that much in Brawl/PM because the stage parts and targets are too far apart to be able to do a riddle challenge. Also, IIRC, you can't unlock certain target test level settings because you can't play all characters.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Shield health/regeneration/pushback/etc. isn't ported from Melee yet, Carroll.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
IIRC, you can complete the SSE, but you just can't use any character past DK, Mario, and Link. This is because Samus is next in line to be unlocked in SSE, but Samus isn't available in Demo 2, so it prevents any other characters from being unlocked.

I'd assume the giant fake Diddy Kong freezing would be because it's trying to load Mario.

Has anyone had a freeze when playing Boss Battles? I haven't tried it in Demo 2, but I froze a bit a while back.
I don't like BtT that much in Brawl/PM because the stage parts and targets are too far apart to be able to do a riddle challenge. Also, IIRC, you can't unlock certain target test level settings because you can't play all characters.
Boss Battles is fine I was playing it the other knight. Strangly the original FD still shows up vs Master/crazy hand.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
He means Brawl FD. it's because the stage is loaded from the Master and Crazy Hand's boss .pac files.

Remember kids, the original FD = SSB64's FD.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I gotta say Petey Piranha gets ***** by everyone now. Like 3 f-airs from ness killed him when I was playing.

Also Ridleys tail swipe thing does like 90% damage because of the increased gravity, you cant get out of it lol.

Even odder is Ness can no longer absorbs Meta Ridleys fireballs. And fox cant reflect the bigger ones like he used too.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
This is just random question, but have you guys found/know what triggers the crowd cheering?

Just wondering cause they very rarely cheer in Brawl. As compared to melee, and both are horrible compared to 64.

It seems like a character has to be above 150% and land a big combo/move before they cheer.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
This is just random question, but have you guys found/know what triggers the crowd cheering?

Just wondering cause they very rarely cheer in Brawl. As compared to melee, and both are horrible compared to 64.

It seems like a character has to be above 150% and land a big combo/move before they cheer.
Whoever they're cheering for usually ends up dying.. Brawl is used to everyone living for forever so the crowd cheers less often.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I know Camelot worked on the unused character yells triggering with high knockback. I have no idea where you'd look for crowd reaction triggers though.

You know what I really want to change though? Those stupid "wooooo" sounds when a character flies through the air. Melee had indescribable yet completely awesome sound that followed when a character was smashed hard. The original didn't have this, but the audience reactions more than made up for it.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
@Muffin
Melee was bad for that I found. They would start cheering when your in your star KO animation sometimes.

@GD06 In s64 the crowd would give a large gasp/cheer every time someone would recover from a far distance as well. And I agree that "wooo"ing is hella annoying in Brawl.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I may ask Camelot about it, but if it requires fighter.pac changes (and it probably will) then I wouldn't count on anything happening unless it's really easy to change. That and you'd need Riivo anyways for the SFX change.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh damn, I thought he generally didn't post often period.

I really just need to learn some assembly already.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Sorry to people who were already enjoying my Torn Sky FD texture... But I've already made another texture, so now you have to decide between them.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26150

I know it doesn't look as big as Final Destination, but it is. It's just that the bottom part of the stage starts fading out as it gets farther down. If anyone plays on it and finds that the invisible part messes you up, send me some feedback about it and I'll consider adjusting it.

leelue

Smash Lord
Sorry to people who were already enjoying my Torn Sky FD texture... But I've already made another texture, so now you have to decide between them.

I know it doesn't look as big as Final Destination, but it is. It's just that the bottom part of the stage starts fading out as it gets farther down. If anyone plays on it and finds that the invisible part messes you up, send me some feedback about it and I'll consider adjusting it.
I'll be taking that, thank you very much.

Also, if ANYONE could find m2k's compendium of smash knowledge, the cheer data for melee is in there.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It has (character) scream percentages. That's about it. Nothing regarding crowd cheers.

Anth0ny

Smash Master

yessssssssssss dead master hand stage is godlike!

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice

is it wifi-safe?

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
HDT the only suggestion I'd give to you on that stage is, if it's possible bring the stage and background portion onto a level plain. Right now the master hand part of the stage is slightly lower then the actual stage itself.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
HDT the only suggestion I'd give to you on that stage is, if it's possible bring the stage and background portion onto a level plain. Right now the master hand part of the stage is slightly lower then the actual stage itself.
That's how it is normally.

Metà

Smash Master
is it just me or is falcon punch a little faster? i tried landing some tapion combos in training mode, and i seemed to be able to it at lower percentages on fox than i remember in melee

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Hmm... weird... I know it works at like 80% on the spacies in Melee.

And this is before Fox hits the ground?

MaxThunder

PM Support
Boss battles mode is making me miss brawl airdodge... or shielding... maybe i should consider lowering the difficulty...

Anyways... this might not be important or anything, but i just thought i should mention it... i think i found a wierd bug thing...

I was playing random matches against CPUs with hammers (i was sleepy and bored...) and a pikachu jumped off-stage with a gold hammer and killed me... then it side-b'd back onto the stage, dropping the hammer... it looked wierd...

Edit: hey i can't post on smashmods now for some reason... every time i try to post, i just get sent to the first post of the thread...

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I don't keep up with this thread but checked a few pages back, I checked the OP about Known Bugs, but couldn't find the answer to my problem. My game freezes when Falcon tries to UpB OoS and would have grabbed the opponent. He gets into the crouching animation on UpB, and it freezes instantly, but the music still plays.

I didn't add any files/textures extra to my SD Card after downloading PM, I even used the Gecko OS provided in the PM download, as well as the one I was using before I downloaded PM, and I got the freeze in both.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I do find somethings weird still but nothing I can't handle. So yeah....I'm officially retiring from melee as of this morning. I'll still play for fun, perhaps I'll go to an event or 2 sometime this summer if I get the chance but I'm done. After more than 10 years I am calling it quits.

If anyone wants to reach me I'll be playing Melee 2.0

:troll:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I just hopped on the Team Smashbros. page to see if anyone was streaming, and VGBootCamp is playing Demo 2.
Aww really? They just had Brawl on the stream before I left. Guess they were scared since I was wrecking everyone in P:M all night on the other TVs (yeah GIMR, you heard me :p namesearch plz. MM me on the livestream next week).

Funny enough, a couple guys I had never met before also brought P:M (and one of them, KenJT, was pretty good, and said he'd be coming there on Tuesdays now that he knows there's P:M love). It's spreading! There were only like 5 people there for Brawl, and over 10 for P:M/Melee.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom