• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
But now I have to ask, is there any point in using Ganon's flame-choke on the ground?
It's fast and pretty easy to use. You could throw it out to interrupt an attack or something (assuming that it's not something that will hit you).

Izzmo

Smash Cadet
But now I have to ask, is there any point in using Ganon's flame-choke on the ground? it is ridiculously easy to tech, and Ganon throws people behind him half the time... it seems that short hopping first is a must.
Grounded side b is really great for techchasing especially for that reason.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
But now I have to ask, is there any point in using Ganon's flame-choke on the ground? it is ridiculously easy to tech, and Ganon throws people behind him half the time... it seems that short hopping first is a must.
it is not any easier to tech than it was before...

also he doesn't throw people behind him, your opponent can DI the flame-choke now. It's still rather easy to follow up with a good read.

Turazrok

Smash Master
A lot people in my area find wario's recovery to be garbs.

Anyone agree or is there just abundant QQ?

Compared to be vBrawl its obv bad, but is it just bad alll around?

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Any reason why only Mario, Link, and DK are the only characters available in the SSE? It's not a huge deal, but I'd rather know and see if there's a way around that.
My guess is because the next slot belongs to Samus, who is not in the demo yet. SSE refuses to load those untouched characters. I was experimenting with subspace a bit to see how it faired. When you start a new game, it will always force you to play Mario when one of the 10 remaining non demo characters are supposed to be played. The only exceptions I came across are when Kirby fights Petey Piranha and when Pokemon Trainer uses Squirtle. In both cases, you can't really jump. I could no longer progress once I hit the ruined zoo haha.

Still, SSE seems like it could be really epic once everyone is finished. I had a lot more fun playing it on Intense with a buddy with a Melee engine. It was like that first level of Adventure Mode in Melee, but really long and with cutscenes. Melee Fox vs. Rayquaza was epic

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way to cancel out of Sonic's spindash off stage when I don't have my second jump? I don't see why jump conservation should affect whether or not I can use the spring.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Just don't spindash if you don't have a jump. You could homing attack instead. I can't remember if missing it sends you into special fall, but I know if you hit it you can still up-B.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
It allows you to up-B and usmash out of a dash, run, and shield. It's also helpful for more specific things like shine-bairing/dairing as spacies, or jumping out of a shine you held for more than a half-second (because you can't let go of B to jump out). You can't even turn it off in Melee.
I'll try it out then

Also does anyone know what stage Dracula's Castle is originally over without the .rel?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I think he means what stage is the .rel pointing to. Each .rel points to what stage it loads. For example, st_battlefield.rel says that the battlefield slot should load a stage that is made on BF. You can edit the .rel to point to a different stage. That way, you can have the battlefield slot load a smashville stage and such.

In answer to your question, I don't know what stage the DC .rel is over. You can check it in a hex editor though.

Revven

FrankerZ

It's not really bad at all. Because of his weight and aerial mobility, he can make it back to the stage from pretty far away with just Side B alone. If he's far down below the stage and has a full charged fart, he can use that to assuredly get back to the edge (though like his other specials, it also goes into special fall).

Wario's recovery is easy to intercept but he can make it back pretty far, so I think it's more the players are just QQ'ing either because they were used to Wario from Brawl (if they did play him in Brawl, which you don't mention) or because they don't quite understand the character's recovery options well enough still (no offense to them or anything obviously).

hotdogturtle

Smash Master

Well he definitely has a zone that he can recover from, and he's completely helpless if he gets sent too far away from the stage horizontally while he's at or below the ledge level. But if he's high up, it's not actually too bad. His air mobility is almost as good as Jigglypuff's, so he can use the shoulder bash high up, or fall a little before using it, and still drift towards the stage even in specialfall. You just have to try not to get hit since you'll be charging straight into where your opponent is waiting. If you have the fart ready you can fall below the stage and use it for a vertical boost.

Even so, I'd say that recovery is not one of his strong points, especially compared to most other characters who have more reliable recoveries.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Hmmm a little question, Is the ridiculously high knockback on Ike's rising sword while upB intentional? I mean, if you grab someone on the top platform on battlefield, upthrow and upB, you can kill them off the top at relatively low %'s. I haven't tried it with people who can actually DI, but cpu's are suckers for it.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
I think he means what stage is the .rel pointing to. Each .rel points to what stage it loads. For example, st_battlefield.rel says that the battlefield slot should load a stage that is made on BF. You can edit the .rel to point to a different stage. That way, you can have the battlefield slot load a smashville stage and such.

In answer to your question, I don't know what stage the DC .rel is over. You can check it in a hex editor though.
Yea this is what I meant, but do you know what I have to look for in the hex editor?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Just a note that my Metal Cavern texture hit the top download list on BrawlVault today: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php
It's good because it gives more exposure to Project M, if people see it and want to look up what P:M stands for.

Anyone know what time of day that site updates? It wasn't there when I went to bed last night.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Hmmm a little question, Is the ridiculously high knockback on Ike's rising sword while upB intentional? I mean, if you grab someone on the top platform on battlefield, upthrow and upB, you can kill them off the top at relatively low %'s. I haven't tried it with people who can actually DI, but cpu's are suckers for it.
In practice, I've found it very unreliable.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It helps that my brother is pretty adept at understanding the mechanics which means I almost always have someone to play with.

I was thinking though, that you could theoretically use Aether to chase someone teching on the platform above you.

Whiselifax

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. Loving every bit of this demo, it's so much better than last year's. Amazing improvements. However, I have come across a problem. I'm not sure how this could have slipped by play testing, etc. but it seems Bowser's D-tilt causes him to go into a T-stance. Is this a known glitch? Help much appreciated, thanks!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Dracula's Castle originally goes over 75m. Makes you wonder why they didn't leave it over that to begin with.
It seems that they tried to vaguely match the custom stages' music to the default music that they replace, which is probably to cater to the non-hackers who aren't familiar with music replacement. That's why 75M has Konjo Jungle 64 so the DK music matches.

Hey guys. Loving every bit of this demo, it's so much better than last year's. Amazing improvements. However, I have come across a problem. I'm not sure how this could have slipped by play testing, etc. but it seems Bowser's D-tilt causes him to go into a T-stance. Is this a known glitch? Help much appreciated, thanks!
This shouldn't happen. Are you using any custom/edited moveset files, or perhaps missing the one that came with the demo?

Whiselifax

Smash Rookie
This shouldn't happen. Are you using any custom/edited moveset files, or perhaps missing the one that came with the demo?
Nope, no custom movesets at all. I've double checked bowser's folder, I'm not missing the one with the demo. He plays like he should, except he T-stances from a d-tilt.

Ecks

Smash Lord
It seems that they tried to vaguely match the custom stages' music to the default music that they replace, which is probably to cater to the non-hackers who aren't familiar with music replacement. That's why 75M has Konjo Jungle 64 so the DK music matches.
Good point. It kinda bugs me that Mario circuit gets to stay and Luigi's gets the boot.

Apparently not, I just made an .rel for 75m, froze over Distant Planet
Don't make/use a .rel for it, just rename the file in the stage folder to "STGDONKEY.pac" and you're done. .rels are only used for porting one stage over another, but there's no need to do any porting here since 75m is the default for Dracula's.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
How are you loading Project M? Riivolution?

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Don't make/use a .rel for it, just rename the file in the stage folder to "STGDONKEY.pac" and you're done. .rels are only used for porting one stage over another, but there's no need to do any porting here since 75m is the default for Dracula's.
Yea but I want the longer soundtrack list for the stage, I just need to know what I need to look for in the hex editor

reymj20

Smash Rookie
I seem to not be able to analog stick jump or fall through platforms. Also i cannot up throw or downthrow with the analog stick. Is this a known issue or is it just me.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I think your Gamecube controller stick is dead, man.

Get a new controller.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yea but I want the longer soundtrack list for the stage, I just need to know what I need to look for in the hex editor
Unlike the original, It seems the PM version of the stage goes over Luigi's without a rel. I tried using a mansion rel to replace a stage and it somehow didn't work. :/

Wasn't Shadic the one working on that stage? Maybe he can help with hex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom