• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
So is there any special timing for spin attack out of shield? I've seen people do it quicker but when I do it, I just let go of the shield button then try to upB but there's a good amount of lag from dropping the shield

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
suggestion: make charizards glide reversable in the air (ex. so you could run to the left, and then jump and down b to the right and glide to the right).

also, give the glide cancel 0 recovery frames, so you can act right out of it. this will give charizard a pseudo-DJC with jump -> down b -> b (to cancel) and then he can aerial. He needs it.

-stingers

PS. can I be unbanned ^_^ Im done trolling lol

`dazrin

Smash Champion
suggestion: make charizards glide reversable in the air (ex. so you could run to the left, and then jump and down b to the right and glide to the right).

also, give the glide cancel 0 recovery frames, so you can act right out of it. this will give charizard a pseudo-DJC with jump -> down b -> b (to cancel) and then he can aerial. He needs it.

-stingers

MaxThunder

PM Support
should probably take those pics yourself at least for now. i'm busy for like another week with finalslol
Yeah i've kinda done that... been working mostly on the background for now, and have only gotten to cut 3 of them ouf ot the pics...

Personally I think you should move the circle logo so it doesn't blend in with the M. In addition, You should probably make the font uniform as opposed to using the Project M font and the Barlw font. Also you should put something else on the cover, like the roster. Personally I think it should be this photo: http://www.coroflot.com/pnutink/nintendo/3

:phone:
Yeah i've been thinking of moving it... I think i can make it blend better by moving it slightly and adjust the color a bit... And i think i'll use texture overlay instead of bevel and emboss...

I'm not sure what you mean by uniform... But you're telling me to have plain text on the side, right?.. If so, then i must say I think it's a lot better to have it like it is... 'cause plain text looks kinda boring... I know this because i own a PAL and an NTSC-U version of brawl, and the PAL version looks boring...

And no i'm not gonna use that picture... It's a bit too low quality, and the dimensions doesn't really fit... also i don't really like the art-style... But yeah i'm gonna put something else there, of course... i'm still working on it...

-stingers

heh... you should have thought of the before trolling, lol...

Revven

FrankerZ
Anyway... just got my hands on this and had a nice session with my buddy Cactuarz.

I really, really like this build. As a G&W main in both Melee and Brawl I am really happy with how G&W works. He just feels... right. As in, he feels like the glass cannon character he was supposed to be from the very beginning.
Glad you're enjoying it! :)

Vigilante

Smash Lord

-stingers

You know you could technically get your friend banned by using his account to circumvent a ban, right?

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Yeah i've been thinking of moving it... I think i can make it blend better by moving it slightly and adjust the color a bit... And i think i'll use texture overlay instead of bevel and emboss...

I'm not sure what you mean by uniform... But you're telling me to have plain text on the side, right?.. If so, then i must say I think it's a lot better to have it like it is... 'cause plain text looks kinda boring... I know this because i own a PAL and an NTSC-U version of brawl, and the PAL version looks boring...

And no i'm not gonna use that picture... It's a bit too low quality, and the dimensions doesn't really fit... also i don't really like the art-style... But yeah i'm gonna put something else there, of course... i'm still working on it...
What I meant by uniform is use the font that's used for Project M on the cover for Super Smash Brothers. As for the image, to paraphrase Cave Johnson, I threw science at the wall and tried to see what would stick- I wasn't sure if it would fit or not, I was just throwing out ideas. Just out of curiosity though, what are you thinking of putting there?

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Is Link a good example of that as well?
Well, his changes are mostly small buffs but considering there's at least one applied to to almost all of his moves, there's a huge difference in his effectiveness between melee and P:M.

That being said, IMO he's a bit more extreme of an example of that lol

MaxThunder

PM Support
What I meant by uniform is use the font that's used for Project M on the cover for Super Smash Brothers. As for the image, to paraphrase Cave Johnson, I threw science at the wall and tried to see what would stick- I wasn't sure if it would fit or not, I was just throwing out ideas. Just out of curiosity though, what are you thinking of putting there?
Yeah i might end up only using that font if i can't find a good quality version of the brawl SSB text...

I'm of having it look similar to previous SSB covers... with in game pictures... will sorta pay homage to the brawl cover... slightly... but i'm aiming for a more melee-ish look for it... I'm not really good at explaining stuff... i'm working on a rough version of the design now, though... for the finished version i need good quality pics from someone with usb gecko, though... like Strong_Bad, who was nice and volunteered=)...

Btw... if i do find a good version of the brawl SSB text to use, i could allways make an alretnate version with the in game font instead... or another similar looking font that fits... i'm currently looking into that, too...

Anyways... i can probably make some alternate version if people would like some slight changes... like another font, other colors somewhere or different background on the back... small stuff like that... if anyone wants it, that is...

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
So yeah, my brother and I have stayed up until at least 4 for two nights in a row playing this. It's just that good.

Link also feels stupidly good and so does Tink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom