• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
DDD's current Up B is great in terms of distance, but pretty bad in terms of how easy it is to punish.
He has three options:
Cancel the Up B and try to grab the ledge
Don't cancel the Up B and try to land onstage with the stars
Cancel the Up B and try to land onstage

All three options are suuuper easy to deal with, especially canceling the Up B on stage, because now he goes into the really slow getup animation every time (the getup that he uses when he cancels his Up B right before landing on stage in vBrawl). If he's going for the ledge just hog it. If he lands on the stage without canceling it, just don't be stupid enough to get hit with the stars and punish. If you can't punish that ungodly slow getup from canceling it onstage then find a different game :3

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
We can't be sure that he'll be keeping his super slow helpless landing though, to keep in line with Melee's faster on stage recoveries, Plum.
he's not going to be in a helpless animation for the vast duration of the match thus i doubt it would interrupt the speed TOO much as he'd just get his fat *** hit out of it anyway.

and while you're at that; see samus' bomb recovery. that takes forever doesn't it? <_<
no use to buff ddd's recovery for something so trivial when other characters are guilty of the same general crime.

in other words, ddd should suck. =3

I R MarF

Smash Ace
DDD's current Up B is great in terms of distance, but pretty bad in terms of how easy it is to punish.
He has three options:
Cancel the Up B and try to grab the ledge
Don't cancel the Up B and try to land onstage with the stars
Cancel the Up B and try to land onstage

All three options are suuuper easy to deal with, especially canceling the Up B on stage, because now he goes into the really slow getup animation every time (the getup that he uses when he cancels his Up B right before landing on stage in vBrawl). If he's going for the ledge just hog it. If he lands on the stage without canceling it, just don't be stupid enough to get hit with the stars and punish. If you can't punish that ungodly slow getup from canceling it onstage then find a different game :3
I really don't see how saying that the slow get up from CANCELLING the move makes DDD's recovery equally disadvantageous as it isadvantageous. Its worlds better than spinning kong, whirling fortress, spin attack, or super jump punch.

D

Deleted member

tbh I think boost to special fall (like G&W, just without a parachute) would work best for ROB (and Snake)

I also think D3's recovery should be more restricted like Ike's up-b, but you have the option to enter a special fall for more horizontal movement. Because it is just a bit strange how DDD can be one of the strongest and heaviest characters in the game but his jump and recovery is multitudes better than any other character in his weight class and other characters like Mario/ Link.
LOL. Acting like ROB and DDD's recoveries are amazing...

ROB's is surely a decent recovery, but with a shorter ledge grab range, higher gravity, and Melee's gimp game it isn't worthy of a nerf.

In smash, your recovery typically is as good as you are unless you pick MK or Jiggly.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Are you kidding? ROB's default recovery is far and away the best, longest, and most versatile recovery in P:M right now, with the only possible exception being Jiggs.

Hint: you don't have to go for the ledge.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
LOL. Acting like ROB and DDD's recoveries are amazing...

ROB's is surely a decent recovery, but with a shorter ledge grab range, higher gravity, and Melee's gimp game it isn't worthy of a nerf.

In smash, your recovery typically is as good as you are unless you pick MK or Jiggly.
I never used the word amazing, and I don't think I acted like it... I said it was a lot better than all of the other characters in his weight class. Do you intend to tell me that DDD's recovery is worse than spinning kong and whirling fortress? I just think that DDD's recovery should be more constricted since he already has the advantage of range, power, and weight because it makes more sense.

As for ROB's recovery (which can recover from gimps, fly over edgehogs, and under stages), we don't know how the melee physics will effect it... and with your logic that means that bad recoveries like Mario's super jump punch should get a buff if ROB's doesn't need a nerf.

Also, the flying recoveries really don't feel appropriate in a melee setting; not to mention they can be spiked so easily due to their lack of speed. For instance, Marth's dair can ram a cypher down Snake's throat so G&W recoveries would actually help them.

** Ace **

Smash Cadet
What about Ganons jumping back punsh and jumping forward punsh? Those two was very powerful in in Melee, but got nerfed as hell in Brawl. Any chance of making those two powerful again?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
What about Ganons jumping back punsh and jumping forward punsh? Those two was very powerful in in Melee, but got nerfed as hell in Brawl. Any chance of making those two powerful again?
I'll be frank, I have no idea what you're talking about.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Air dashing a la Mega Man X or just much faster aerial mobility?
Air Dashing will be like Mega Man X but essentially what I am going to do is completely revamp ROB's way of recovering and maneuvering.

To get a better perspective of what I am trying to say:

If you have played Cave Story and know about the Booster 2.0 then that is what I am going to do with ROB.

ROB's UP+B will go straight up and his Side+B will go horizontally. There's going to be a fuel system of course and I'll try to figure out a way to prevent him from being a ridiculous gimping machine too.

So basically I am going from his Brawl Booster 0.8 to Booster 2.0

:p

Here's the video to show what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_yMBubnBtE

** Ace **

Smash Cadet
I think he's referring to fair and bair? If so - yes, those will be much better than they are in vBrawl. B+ already did this.
I am new to the forum so I dont know the "SSBB Words".
With fair, I assume that is forward air, and bair is back.
If what you say is ture, then excellent news!
I also hope hes jump are faster like there was in Melee(especially short jump)
Also, the flip kick Ganon does in the air(that may be called nair?), this one was nerfed alot, I hope to see this one be powerful again.

Also, Donkey Kong was nerfed as hell, he need his motherfvcking power back! And his headbutt(nair), please make it godlike again!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Uair (up air) is the term you are looking for while Nair is neutral air.

@MuBa, that sounds like a lot of fun! I've played CS so I know what that's like.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
since P:M Mario is already half plumber and half doctor.....
what do you guys think of giving Mario the ability to up b cancel? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFU8oHODP2s

(could open combo options and be of good use for shield pressuring ala Falco/fox)

EDIT: yes, i can definitely see this as a new AT. Good for juggling at low %'s + mindgames anyone?

....up-b cancel>u-air shffls across the stage>Mario f-air spike....
...or up-b cancel>Doc f-air for the K.O...

What do you think SHeLL? ^^;

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
ok here's what i was thinking.. link's d tilt makes NO sense whatsoever

in the game his crouch attack was a poke (like marth)
is there a chance you could make it like that? D:
obviously not identicle to marth but still <__<

oh and the boomerang should be an OHKO ^__^

I R MarF

Smash Ace
ok here's what i was thinking.. link's d tilt makes NO sense whatsoever

in the game his crouch attack was a poke (like marth)
is there a chance you could make it like that? D:
obviously not identicle to marth but still <__<
Hmm... does it really make a difference?

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman

(could open combo options and be of good use for shield pressuring ala Falco/fox)

EDIT: yes, i can definitely see this as a new AT. Good for juggling at low %'s + mindgames anyone?

the up-b cancel is really difficult to do, something like a 3 frame window iirc
it would be cool to make it easier to do, since we are making a new game here

kaizo13

Smash Champion
^already thought about that

i was thinking adding IASA frames during the first few frames of the up-b, but to only allow MAD'ing during the IASA frames.

which would allow WD'ing outta UBC (up-b cancel) for juggling (similar to Falco's JC shines>WD juggles)

p.s - i'm not a coder so i may not know what i'm talking about

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Any plans on removing the wall jump from the jump button? It gets really annoying and messes up some edgeguards. It's not ;like it always happens, but I would prefer if it wouldn't happen at all

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Hmm... does it really make a difference?

as a zelda fan since i was 4.. YES =_=
his down tilt should have been that in the first place.
and it would be faster and more useful for approaches with the canceling the run with a jump etc.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only

Yeah, possibly. Consider, though, that we've already added the following to his Up-B:

1) Wall jump out of ending - the requirements are slightly more lenient than melee, so you can actually employ it in gameplay much more often. This makes it much harder for the opponent to edge hog mario, and diversifies his recovery in other ways.

2) His Up-B landing lag is supposed to be around 22 or so from 30, which allows him to recover onto the stage more often, or use it OoS a bit more safely.

Meh. I'll think about it.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
thx for the consideration, i can picture this working out very well. it would be a great addition to Mario's metagame.

fits right in with techy/competitive play

"wait whaaat?...Mario has tech skill??" :chuckle:

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
his dtilt should be like melee

/lackofimagination <_<

links dtilt was cool in melee
i mean sure canonogically it should be like marths but...thats lame
considering the only reasons you could possibly see it as "lame" is either
1. because marth does it. (link did it first <_<)

2. because that isn't how it was in melee

either one doesn't really classify it as "lame"

but nevertheless i didn't really expect anyone to go along with it nor do i honestly care too much.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
as a zelda fan since i was 4.. YES =_=
his down tilt should have been that in the first place.
and it would be faster and more useful for approaches with the canceling the run with a jump etc.
If you want to give Link more approach options then his air grab should be like Brawl's (with the 2 hits) and have very little landing lag.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Brawl zairs are very unmelee-like but i also don't think zairs should be as bad as they were in Melee....

i was thinking somewhere more inbetween, the massive amount of landing lag in Melee zairs made they practically useless onstage

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Any plans on removing the wall jump from the jump button? It gets really annoying and messes up some edgeguards. It's not ;like it always happens, but I would prefer if it wouldn't happen at all
The more I play, the more I agree with this. It's really ****ing annoying, especially when trying to quickly ledgehop. I think Shanus is/was working on a code to fix this. I dunno what happened with that though.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Brawl zairs are very unmelee-like but i also don't think zairs should be as bad as they were in Melee....

i was thinking somewhere more inbetween, the massive amount of landing lag in Melee zairs made they practically useless onstage
i agree with you <_<
the main thing i hated about brawl link is that z air is pretty much his only move =_= (not literally obviously but you know what i mean)

and samus' z air was stupid annoying and could keep you away forever and severely slow down the match's speed

shanus

Smash Hero
The more I play, the more I agree with this. It's really ****ing annoying, especially when trying to quickly ledgehop. I think Shanus is/was working on a code to fix this. I dunno what happened with that though.
My first attempts didn't work. It has some very annoying programming.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
/lackofimagination <_<

considering the only reasons you could possibly see it as "lame" is either
1. because marth does it. (link did it first <_<)

2. because that isn't how it was in melee

either one doesn't really classify it as "lame"

but nevertheless i didn't really expect anyone to go along with it nor do i honestly care too much.
I don't have a lack of imagination. Its just that melee moves that don't NEED to be changed shouldn't be changed, plain and simple.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master

They werent that useless. I see HDL in person do airdodge back zair sometimes as a mixup D:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom