• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The "give float to certain flying characters" idea is kinda interesting. Float definitely feels more Melee than multijumping. It's kind of a radical change for those characters though, but then again they're all Brawl characters, so who cares :p

Rikana

Smash Champion
Charizard with float cancel will be insane if he ever gets it. Fair is already good and combining that with float cancel makes him so deadly. Also, Charizard's grab range makes him great on ground.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
not really sure what my thoughts are on this, but to begin with, Zard would need a float animation (which i'm not really sure how that would look o_O) i'm guessing something similar to Pit's up b?

idk how hard it would be to program FC'ing but i don't really think he needs it.

Just improve/speed-up his glide and he's good....or....maybe......."glide canceling"? o-o??

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'm not suggesting Charizard to actually have it. I wouldn't mind at all if it does get in actually. The animations can probably be from his fAir without the flamethrower. He'll just be flapping his wings in air.

camelot

Smash Ace
So now everyone can cancel their taunts?
Yes, and they don't just fall off of the ledges, they stop at the ledge and go into the teeter animation... like in 64.

Obviously this is pretty useless for competitive play, but it's just a little something extra to do for fun. Some characters' taunts have had their SFX modified to take advantage of taunt canceling.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
The "give float to certain flying characters" idea is kinda interesting. Float definitely feels more Melee than multijumping. It's kind of a radical change for those characters though, but then again they're all Brawl characters, so who cares :p
Yes!

Charizard with float cancel will be insane if he ever gets it. Fair is already good and combining that with float cancel makes him so deadly. Also, Charizard's grab range makes him great on ground.
YEESSSSSS!!!!!

not really sure what my thoughts are on this, but to begin with, Zard would need a float animation (which i'm not really sure how that would look o_O) i'm guessing something similar to Pit's up b?

idk how hard it would be to program FC'ing but i don't really think he needs it.

Just improve/speed-up his glide and he's good....or....maybe......."glide canceling"? o-o??
booooooo you suck!:p

C'mon I mean MK basically has it already but you just have to keep jumping instead of holding the jump:chuckle::laugh:

seriously though why not make it a top shelf experiment. Just work on it from time to time and if it works test it out and see how it feels. I mean....it couldn't hurt to try:urg:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Yes!

YEESSSSSS!!!!!

booooooo you suck!:p

C'mon I mean MK basically has it already but you just have to keep jumping instead of holding the jump:chuckle::laugh:

seriously though why not make it a top shelf experiment. Just work on it from time to time and if it works test it out and see how it feels. I mean....it couldn't hurt to try:urg:
i'm just waiting for Shanus to log in and give you 10nos

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
woah wtf is yuna doing here

and she already has DJC.
Isn't it technically just her 2nd jump really, really sucking? Also, if we're making this as Melee-like as possible, she needs her real 2nd Jump back, which would mean tweaking her physics to also allow for "real" DJC:ing.

Someone should also figure out how to hack the probabilities for Peach's turnip pulls and re-caculate them to be more like in Melee. I think they've nerfed her ability to pull non-standards turnips since I rarely get them in Brawl (while I get them constantly in Melee).

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Isn't it technically just her 2nd jump really, really sucking? Also, if we're making this as Melee-like as possible, she needs her real 2nd Jump back, which would mean tweaking her physics to also allow for "real" DJC:ing.
No. She literally has DJC last time I checked. ie you rise with a DJC and cancel with an aerial like ness and lucas and yoshi.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Yuna, could you elaborate on "real" DJC, please?

We have an optional DJC system in place (hold DJ to keep jumping, release to DJC) that, as far as I can tell, is as "true" as Melee's. Also, I will be getting Peach's physics close to frame perfection, double jump included. I'm not sure if the combination of these two things is what you mean by "real," but if not please explain as thoroughly as possible so that we can work on it.

...and I might also take another stab at assigning her various F-smashes to angled inputs.

I think TSON found information about her turnips, so we will look into making them bounce of sheilds and adjusting the rare turnip frequency. Do you have any data for us on the pull frequency, by chance?

Lastly, are there any Brawl strengths that you'd prefer over Melee strengths, or just a mostly meleefied character (with the inclusion of <3 U-tilt and glide tossing).

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
No. She literally has DJC last time I checked. ie you rise with a DJC and cancel with an aerial like ness and lucas and yoshi.
Is the timing just really, really hard? Because I've tried it out a few times but ended up just giving up since it didn't work.

This is definitely not a lie.
*Goes back to lurking*
Of course it isn't. I still remember that one tournament in Virginia (I think) where I literally got at least two Stitchfaces every single match in Pools. Good times, good times.

We have an optional DJC system in place (hold DJ to keep jumping, release to DJC) that, as far as I can tell, is as "true" as Melee's. Also, I will be getting Peach's physics close to frame perfection, double jump included. I'm not sure if the combination of these two things is what you mean by "real," but if not please explain as thoroughly as possible so that we can work on it.
I'm not at home right now so I can't test it, but AFAIK(new), Peach doesn't have DJC in Vanilla Brawl. If she already does, then yay to her.

...and I might also take another stab at assigning her various F-smashes to angled inputs.
Umm... why? It wasn't like that in Melee o_O.

I think TSON found information about her turnips, so we will look into making them bounce of sheilds and adjusting the rare turnip frequency. Do you have any data for us on the pull frequency, by chance?
Sorry, I have no hard data on the frequency. I just suspect from personal experience that it's noticeably lower in Brawl.

shanus

Smash Hero
Is the timing just really, really hard? Because I've tried it out a few times but ended up just giving up since it didn't work.

Of course it isn't. I still remember that one tournament in Virginia (I think) where I literally got at least two Stitchfaces every single match in Pools. Good times, good times.

I'm not at home right now so I can't test it, but AFAIK(new), Peach doesn't have DJC in Vanilla Brawl. If she already does, then yay to her.

Umm... why? It wasn't like that in Melee o_O.

Sorry, I have no hard data on the frequency. I just suspect from personal experience that it's noticeably lower in Brawl.
No, its very liberal timing.

To do a rising aerial do jump+aerial

To DJC, just release or don't hold the jump button while doing an attack during your second jump. It's just as fast as melee, takes a min or two of practice but gives you more options

She doesnt have DJC in brawl. I explicitly programmed her DJC and float cancel into her P:M pac.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I just thought that a more tactical F-smash with pros and cons for each angled version that you can use when you want might be interesting to Peach mains, but if you don't think so then I'll just skip it. Melee didn't do everything perfectly.

Also, I edited this in:

Lastly, are there any Brawl strengths that you'd prefer over Melee strengths, or just a mostly meleefied character (with the inclusion of <3 U-tilt and glide tossing).

D

Deleted member

Peach's side-b is also better than her Melee version, but I'm sure you're probably keeping the brawl side-b.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It isnt like that in regular brawl. Just in P:M and Brawl+ (for ness and yoshi only in B+)

DJC is in P:M for Peach.
OIC, so it's included under the "Everything else that's in Brawl+" banner in the OP.

I just thought that a more tactical F-smash with pros and cons for each angled version that you can use when you want might be interesting to Peach mains, but if you don't think so then I'll just skip it. Melee didn't do everything perfectly.

Also, I edited this in:
But I thought P:M was a project to make Brawl as Melee-like as possible. So it's that but with added tweaks?

D

Deleted member

But I thought P:M was a project to make Brawl as Melee-like as possible. So it's that but with added tweaks?
The top tier in Melee to P:M will remain 99% intact, but the other characters will receive various balances and techniques to make them as viable as possible. It aims to make all characters have more technical and optional aspects, and enriching their gameplay to a Melee feel.

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
Hi, well i was playing some project: m at Orca's house and i have a big recommendation for Samus. You know how Samus goes into tumble after zair now? Well there's a glitch(It was in Brawl too) where the zair comes out but doesn't grab the ledge, it just comes right back. So if that glitch happens, there's no way out and there's no way to predict it either. So my idea is that Samus only goes into tumble after zair is she air dodges first, but a regular zair with no air dodge won't put her into tumble. What do u think? However if you can get rid of that glitch, that's probably a better solution. But i don't think it would be that easy to get rid of since it happens randomly and it was in regular brawl

Also is that directional air dodge to zair thing staying? Cause it's crazy. lol

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Directional Airdodge is a Melee mechanic. Of course it stays.
lawl. You misunderstood him. He's referring to AGT Zairs. He's a melee vet, of course he wants directional air dodges to stay.

I'm actually not too sure what the status of AGT Zairs is seeing as how I don't play a character that has a Zair. Regardless, last I played with p00b he was often screwed over by Samus's Zair recovery. It'd extend out to the ledge, and touch it, and come right back really quickly, almost like a fake out, and he wasn't even far from the ledge. He would enter special fall at this point, and it was an insta death. I guess it wasn't that way in melee-- then again I didn't play a character with a zair then either, so what do I know?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I have an Idea for a Kirby AT but I don't know if it's possible or worth the trouble. The Technique would allow you to posses a hat at the start of a battle. It would kinda be like Changing at the beginning of a match except Kirby doesn't change he just gets the Hat of a person at the start of the match if you hold____ button...? Idk...it's kind of a stretch but would be cool.

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
Orca I know melee isnt supposed to have sweetspot or autosnap or whatever its called ledging is there any plan to fix Lucarios up B for he can atleast have a chance of grabbing the ledge. I believe I seen 1 Stream of P:M where lucario litterally got screwed because he tried to grab the ledge sorta like how in current B+ status if you don't over shoot it even sideways or diagonal he usually hits it and bounces right off.

I mean in Melee not sure if you guys are prompting Lucario to be a hybrid between Lucario and Mewtwo but in Melee Mewtwo could snap the ledge with his return.

timing it happens 00:34-00:43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd1FFTsecW4

kaizo13

Smash Champion
@diddy no, i believe Lucario won't have anything to do with Mewtwo in P:M

lucarios up b shouldn't autosnap just like everybody elses doesn't. But if it's possible to make it like fox/falcos up-b where it only autosnaps if you you up-b from above the ledge in a downward angle, that would help him alot.

but yea, other than that his recovery is fine....basically you just have to measure your up-b so you don't bounce off to your death. Not hard at all.

btw, what makes it so he can't ride up the wall like fox/falcos up b? if that's fixable, even better

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
As it stands, Lucario's recovery is very good.
In terms of distance it isn't stellar, but in terms of the ability to gimp him it is stupid hard if the Lucario player has half a brain. If you watch Lee Martin (one of the best Lucario players out there) playing Brawl+ you can see how he recovers.
Lucario doesn't really need to sweetspot with his Up B because of how he can recover. All Lucario really needs to do is Up B first and then double jump onto the stage/to sweetspot. Great thing is that he can't really be edgehogged because he can curve around onto the stage, defend himself with aerials after Up B, save his double jump until after he uses his Up B, and airdodge out of his Up B. That also opens him up to some cool things like Up B into waveland. He just has a highly unpredictable recovery with everything he can do out of his Up B that he doesn't have to worry about edgegaurds or sweetspotting with his Up B because he can sweetspot other ways.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I have an Idea for a Kirby AT but I don't know if it's possible or worth the trouble. The Technique would allow you to posses a hat at the start of a battle. It would kinda be like Changing at the beginning of a match except Kirby doesn't change he just gets the Hat of a person at the start of the match if you hold____ button...? Idk...it's kind of a stretch but would be cool.
I'm sorry if this comes out offensive... but... how could this remotely be considered an advanced technique? Its the equivalent of holding down L+R to play as ZSS. Its a trick, not a technique.

Not only that, but from the sounds of things you want this to only be ascetic, so not only is there no benefit, but that means kirby keeps his inhale while still wearing someone else's hat!? How would inhale look with Falco/ Samus's mask? How would this "hat possession" work when there is more than 2 players?

I'm sorry if you feel like you are being attacked/called out... but this is just the strangest idea I have ever heard (or the most poorly expained one)

kaizo13

Smash Champion
omg it's almost stream time! can't wait to see that CCing code in action.....what else should we look out for? maybe some refined physics? ^^?

EDIT: hopefully some increased universal friction and increased friction on JC grabs (dunno if that's possible yet) :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom