• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I know DDD doesn't have a bad recovery. It's just another example of a large character frame making their general game difficult. It's justified in DDD's case not to do such a buff.

However, it seems larger characters are getting good grab ranges (DDD, Zard, DK, Bowser) as nice buffs.
Yeah, the fact they are such big targets definitely makes them deserving of better out of shield options.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
umm....is that JCJ (jump cancel jab) Beta Neko is messing with going to be included in this?

it seems like a very interesting tech and could possibly introduce many new combo starter options
It's possible. A lot of stuff is being experimented with right now (lol Sonic homing attack).

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
...lol @ my JCJ being mentioned here.

I didn't think that JCJ would be considered melee-ish by any means. V:

Also, Sonic HA is ****ing sexy esseehhh

shanus

Smash Hero
umm....is that JCJ (jump cancel jab) Beta Neko is messing with going to be included in this?

it seems like a very interesting tech and could possibly introduce many new combo starter options
no.

10nos

kaizo13

Smash Champion
no.

10nos
not a problem...i was just wondering since everytime i'm against something non-melee somebody always whips out the "this is melee 2.0"card saying it's ok to have changes/new things

i prefer just keeping it Melee

D

Deleted member

Lol everybody is getting so trolled regardless of whether the buff exists or is fake.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
As for the flying characters I was wondering...how hard would it be to give them actual hovers? not saying all of them but maybe 1 of them.

Basically It would be like Peaches float cancel. at some point during the jumps you would just hold the jump and your character would flap his wings but not move. I think it could work as long as it didn't end up over powered. Pit kind of already has that with his UpB and I'm completely against Buffing MK but maybe it could help him. Charzard could benefit from it the most imo. It would make more sense for him seeing how he is a Fire/Flying Pokemon. We would just consider it as the actual Fly move that he uses in the other games. Of course they say he can fly up to 4000+ feet....doesn't look like it...not even in Vbrawl:laugh:

as for his other moves. it would probably end up as annoying more then a buff if we gave him a 10% chance to burn but It would be cool if it actually went in a straight line and wasn't exactly like bowsers.... that or you could angle and aim it low, straight, or high during use.

his rocksmash is already pretty good from what I saw. Does it lower defense or not? I never actually knew/cared because VBrawl was pretty bad....just saying.

jalued

Smash Lord
As for the flying characters I was wondering...how hard would it be to give them actual hovers? not saying all of them but maybe 1 of them.

Basically It would be like Peaches float cancel. at some point during the jumps you would just hold the jump and your character would flap his wings but not move. I think it could work as long as it didn't end up over powered. Pit kind of already has that with his UpB and I'm completely against Buffing MK but maybe it could help him. Charzard could benefit from it the most imo. It would make more sense for him seeing how he is a Fire/Flying Pokemon. We would just consider it as the actual Fly move that he uses in the other games. Of course they say he can fly up to 4000+ feet....doesn't look like it...not even in Vbrawl:laugh:

as for his other moves. it would probably end up as annoying more then a buff if we gave him a 10% chance to burn but It would be cool if it actually went in a straight line and wasn't exactly like bowsers.... that or you could angle and aim it low, straight, or high during use.

his rocksmash is already pretty good from what I saw. Does it lower defense or not? I never actually knew/cared because VBrawl was pretty bad....just saying.
I think we should just improve his jumps to compensate for gravity (as already stated). Now isnt the time for balancing.

let's not make the same mistake as brawl+

once the mechanics are all worked out and every code is bug free, then just let the metagame develop.

then balance

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
ok someone mentioned helping Pit's Up-B

i thought of something
like let him cancel out of it with an aerial (like he already can) and if he does, let him be able to reactivate it but cut the remaining duration in half.
so like
say he has 8 seconds
he uses it for 2 seconds, down air, then reactivates it and he has 3 seconds left. it could also be used if you predict you're gonna get hit so you have another chance at getting to the edge.
sound good or no?

jalued

Smash Lord
ok someone mentioned helping Pit's Up-B

i thought of something
like let him cancel out of it with an aerial (like he already can) and if he does, let him be able to reactivate it but cut the remaining duration in half.
so like
say he has 8 seconds
he uses it for 2 seconds, down air, then reactivates it and he has 3 seconds left. it could also be used if you predict you're gonna get hit so you have another chance at getting to the edge.
sound good or no?
i think its already in haha. and no balance talks!

shanus

Smash Hero
Pit's upB was mentioned because I need to isolate the floating points to compensate it for the increase in gravity absolutely destroying it.

jalued

Smash Lord
God **** you smart people and your thinking of **** before me D:<

i didn't really think that was a remark about balance <_< character suggestion =/= balance suggestion
maybe if its innocent, but character suggestion because you think a character needs it due to inbalance = balance suggestion

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
maybe if its innocent, but character suggestion because you think a character needs it due to inbalance = balance suggestion

Nah see there's a funny story in that =o
like, i was bored as usual so i was reading a couple pages back and someone wuz liek omg i wish i could help everyone's fav wing'd f@g*0t out(inb4flame)
then i wuz like playing cpu with my fail pit and missing arrow loops so i wuz like "ZOMG epic idea now i can be useful to the awesome peoplez making project: M -life's dream fulfilled-"

<_<
>_>
you crushed my dreams ;_;

jalued

Smash Lord
Nah see there's a funny story in that =o
like, i was bored as usual so i was reading a couple pages back and someone wuz liek omg i wish i could help everyone's fav wing'd f@g*0t out(inb4flame)
then i wuz like playing cpu with my fail pit and missing arrow loops so i wuz like "ZOMG epic idea now i can be useful to the awesome peoplez making project: M -life's dream fulfilled-"

<_<
>_>
you crushed my dreams ;_;
i think its already in, unless im confusing myself with brawl- or something...

and yes that counts as an innocent, ZOMG that would be cool idea :p

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
i think its already in, unless im confusing myself with brawl- or something...

and yes that counts as an innocent, ZOMG that would be cool idea :p
Ya i think that is minus.
me = always innocent

inb4yaright

inb4stopwiththeinb4syouidiot
ok i'm done

carry on with your project: M'ing @_@

Sterowent

Smash Ace
Ike's JC sideB. MK fastfaller status. Sonic...whatever that buff is, hah. these are cool, and add interesting options for characters lacking interesting options. i think it's fair to suggest things as long as they're in the spirit of giving characters power the likes of melee gave its cast.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
If you understand wing fatigue (go see Pit boards), you would already know how his UpB works.

I know how his UpB works. I use him(sometimes) <_>
I never said i didn't know. I was just giving an idea in hopes of helping the project out.
my suggestion was; if he cancels out of WOI with an aerial, he can activate it again but with less time left. But i guess that makes me an idiot for trying to help out the most awesome project ever </3
-dreams crushed again- <_< You're a mean person.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Your suggestion is something that already has happened (doesn't cut his time in half, it just has a time bank for which to use it). In fact, all the stuff like grabbing him out of his UpB doesn't work on him because that was fixed too (you grab release and he falls to his death in vBrawl).

RiteToRmnSilent

Smash Cadet
If you guys still aren't sure what height to give MK's jumps, go on brawl+ and go to special brawl and play heavy gravity mode. I think the jumps are around the perfect height for him.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
nobody liked my F-cancel for Charzard :( ah well.

I dont care about balance though. Just after watching Armada vs Mango again seeing those F-cancel to Fairs made me think of F-cancel to Rocksmash for Charzard that would be cool. :psycho:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Then Peach wouldn't be unique which is bad.
Well being Unique wasn't exactly a HUGE part of Melee and this is Project M. I mean so many moves were the exact same it in melee. Link and YL, Roy, and Marth all had the same Dsmash...for example. Besides his animation would look exactly like peach and you could always make him float for less time.

Rikana

Smash Champion
nobody liked my F-cancel for Charzard :( ah well.

I dont care about balance though. Just after watching Armada vs Mango again seeing those F-cancel to Fairs made me think of F-cancel to Rocksmash for Charzard that would be cool. :psycho:
I liked the float cancel idea for charizard. It makes sense too. I just doubt it'll get in.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Well doesn't have to be a right now thing. Just if someone got the chance to implement it then test it.
His fair is already a great spacing tool. It is quick, multi-hit, and has great range. Rock smash can be mixed in for different things. It's not necessary to have float since he already zones this way so well anyway.

@Sagen - Every character has taunt canceling.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Your suggestion is something that already has happened (doesn't cut his time in half, it just has a time bank for which to use it). In fact, all the stuff like grabbing him out of his UpB doesn't work on him because that was fixed too (you grab release and he falls to his death in vBrawl).
aww you're right D: me suggesting something i didn't know already happened because i don't hang around in brawl hacker forums all day is a totally legit reason to send me to the gallows.

If it already happened, w/e. I'll move on. Chillax. Everyone is so **** srs <_<

edit:
@shanus not that i know of o.o unless my mommy was lying to me this whole time D:

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
Um sorry I havent been home for the past couple of days been helping my grandma out who lives 3hrs away and no net. I was wondering actually I asked earlier is peach going to have more horizontal on her 2nd jump like how it was in melee due to in brawl her secondary jump sorta blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom