• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Snake is likely to return in Demo 2. Although he's been largely changed from his iteration in Demo 1, Snake is definitely a solid character atm, and has a great shot at being in Demo II. Speaking if which, Demo II's release date hasn't been confirmed for a while, and won't be until everything has been settled out.

Geeze, guys, stop trolling. It's not cool.

:phone:

G

genkaku

Whatever happened to sneak? I just realized that I haven't seen a post by him in here in a really long time.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I could have misheard, but I believe that it is intended to be released late march/early april. Not too much longer!
At this rate, I think the most realistic release date would be sometime in early-mid April. The PMBR doesn't want to be rushed into releasing a product with known bugs like what happened with Demo 1, so they've kept the deadline ambiguous. That being said, I'd expect the PMBR to want some way to generate wide-spread hype for Demo 2; while releasing more and more characters is a good way to hype the existing fan-base, the lack of a concrete release date would minimize the hype for anyone who hasn't been keeping up with PM. The PMBR has stated that they're taking steps to ensure that the servers don't get overloaded this time around, so I'm assuming that they will excite more people with a release date sometime in April.

Couch

Smash Cadet
Out of curiosity, has landing detection been improved in any way since demo 1? I am curious to see if ledge hop double lasers with falco and double sh fairs with marth, etc. will be more doable.

Couch

Smash Cadet
Ed, one of the cartoon characters that subconsciously planted the seeds of future stoner-dom in my then-childlike brain.

*Tell me he doesn't look baked. :3

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I believe landing detection entirely matches Melee now. The question is whether they were able to rid the code of most of the side effect glitches that came with it.

Couch

Smash Cadet
serious ^ :) and side glitches? will these be describe by incredibly fast talking spokespeople or listed in tiny print in a random menu page?

Couch

Smash Cadet
thanks a lot, this is quite helpful!
my god.. my hype for this project has suddenly multiplied. Until the undoubtedly melee-similar Smash 4 will come out. :troll:

... Hint: it will likely be worse than brawl in terms of over-accessibility.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Out of curiosity, I have a question for the developers - with regards to long-term goals for this project, what can you guys realistically see coming out of the final, theoretically bug-free, and entirely fixed (conservation of momentum on teching, momentum changes on frame 1, no aerial C-stick movement on frame 1, etc.) product? Also, what keeps you guys motivated to continue working on such a huge time commitment?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Out of curiosity, I have a question for the developers - with regards to long-term goals for this project, what can you guys realistically see coming out of the final, theoretically bug-free, and entirely fixed (conservation of momentum on teching, momentum changes on frame 1, no aerial C-stick movement on frame 1, etc.) product? Also, what keeps you guys motivated to continue working on such a huge time commitment?
What will get fixed: As much as we realistically can in a non-infinite amount of time.

Why I continue working: Because the Smash Bros series is my favorite multiplayer video game series, and Project M is the best game in the series.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I'll be recording with Sung tomorrow for probably about 4 to 5 hours and I plan on putting it all up on the ProjectMelee channel right afterwards. It'll mostly be my Pit/Lucario/DDD against Sung's Fox/Falco/Zard probably, but we might use others, too (my Samus/Sheik/Peach/Ness and Sung's Toon Link/Wolf might show up, for example).
Please do this

dlödslködsgalkgsadjö

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I continue to work on stuff for PM, albeit it's just minor stage changes, because it's fun and smash is my main and favorite series to play (Melee, 64, and PM)

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Every time novice posts I can't focus on what he actually typed.

Well, at least we'll have something for the summer... and then a FC event for the later summer. Maybe a P:M side tournament?

Revven

FrankerZ
Thinking about doing what I did last time with announced characters for... tomorrow night (I got a new mic too by the way). Anyone want me to or...?

MaxThunder

PM Support
^^by what you did last time do you mean talking about the chars and stuff?.. and will it be recorded anyplace else than twitch?..

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Every time novice posts I can't focus on what he actually typed.

Well, at least we'll have something for the summer... and then a FC event for the later summer. Maybe a P:M side tournament?
It'd be amazing to have a PM side tournament at FC Legacy, especially because so many people are going to be there. I'm probably not going to be able to go to Legacy because I have a family thing that weekend, but I'm hoping I can get it canceled so I can go. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom