• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
^^by what you did last time do you mean talking about the chars and stuff?.. and will it be recorded anyplace else than twitch?..
Yeah, just a sort of more in-depth look at them I guess, answering any questions people have (that I'm capable of answering). Obviously characters I don't use I'm not going to be the ultimate source for, but for them I'd just cover basics or whatever (as in, how moves function and so forth).

As for anywhere else, no. I'm keeping these on Twitch.

DO IT NAO.

Please.

And by "NAO" I mean whenever you planned on doing so.
lol, yeah it's gonna be around tomorrow night like maybe around 6 PM EST, earlier than the last time I did it at least (which was 8:30 PM EST iirc). Unless some other member decides to stream that night, I should be on for awhile.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
Thinking about doing what I did last time with announced characters for... tomorrow night (I got a new mic too by the way). Anyone want me to or...?
Does this mean we get a new character announcement tomorrow night? or are you doing it for characters that have already been announced :p

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
He'd be doing it for the characters that were announced recently; King Dedede, Bowser, DK, and ROB. Similar to what he did last time for the previous 3 characters that were released.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
I couldn't remember if it were in demo 1 or not. are you able to jump through the platforms from underneath or do you have to destroy them or what

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Sw33t.

Okay here are a few questions I have.

What is ToonLink current jump frame data?

How doe The F-air work now?

Does the Fire Spike work just like Young Link's or is there a better way to use it now?
1) Young Link's, iirc. May jump one frame sooner.
2) Well? It's not super-strong, but it's still Toon Link's one-hitter.
3) Like Young Link's. Perhaps a bit easier to hit with, but easier to SD with because of recovery.

As for Skyworld, we have some ideas for it. You may see them shortly. You may not.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, all the people that don't actually play Yoshi seem to advocate keeping Yoshi's shield "unique" (aka terribad).
Hm, just contemplated something.

Everyone else's shields can be jumped out of, allowing usmashes, up+B's, etc.

If we want to keep Yoshi's shield unique, we don't necessarily have to make it terribad. How about we allow it to have different actions OOS?

B moves OOS? I imagine going from being in an Egg, to becoming a rolling egg could have a neat look to it.
instead of block+grabbing, you'd be block+neutralB'ing them.

downB OOS could punish high end lag moves

iLink

Smash Champion
Wait wtf is wrong with skyworld? It's a solid unbreakable platform with 3 pass-through platforms.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Thinking about doing what I did last time with announced characters for... tomorrow night (I got a new mic too by the way). Anyone want me to or...?
When i read this i started imagining u doing something like a boxing announcer. Ex: in the red corner weighing 2500 pounds hes big hes mean hes mostly green hes BOWWWSERRR

(The weight was just random)

:phone:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Wait you saying Fox, and ToonLink share jump frames now or ToonLink has YoungLink's jump frames?
I said his jumpstart is either Young Link's, or one frame faster.

When i read this i started imagining u doing something like a boxing announcer. Ex: in the red corner weighing 2500 pounds hes big hes mean hes mostly green hes BOWWWSERRR
Ryoko and I are the only PMBR who could pull that off.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i'm curious as to how else he would hug you. he doesn't even have legs to do some awkward leg hug with...

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
U should let me into the pmbr b/c i could totally pull this off
And steal my job? No thanks.
So what are the considered/most likely stages that will be in demo 2?
We'll not be having another stupidly-restrictive stage roster, I can tell you that.

@Shadic

How does ToonLink Boomerang work now, having 3 different type's of boomerang options with different Knockback, Speed, and Control. Did you choose any particular things that make this one unique to the others or is this the prefect version of all three?
It's a bit faster than Toon Link's in Brawl. It's also smaller, so it's not stupidly massive. It fits his character fairly well, and has lots of utility. Not much else to say, because I don't feel like directly comparing values ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom