• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

magikoopa

Smash Rookie
Hm, just contemplated something.

Everyone else's shields can be jumped out of, allowing usmashes, up+B's, etc.

If we want to keep Yoshi's shield unique, we don't necessarily have to make it terribad. How about we allow it to have different actions OOS?

B moves OOS? I imagine going from being in an Egg, to becoming a rolling egg could have a neat look to it.
instead of block+grabbing, you'd be block+neutralB'ing sideB'ing them.

downB OOS could punish high end lag moves
That sounds like it has potential. I like the idea of egg rolling out of shield.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
That sounds like it has potential. I like the idea of egg rolling out of shield.
I agree. And yoshi not being able to do anything out of shield hinders him so much compared to other revamped characters.

I saw this question the other day but wasn't sure if it had been answered, but when yoshi is hit in his shield and he light shields or holds it away, does he go flying across the map like he did in melee?

:phone:

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Okay, so I've got about five and half hours of Sung and I doing lots of mostly goofy friendlies, and three fairly decent sets (two Bo5, one Bo3) against Sung's Falco afterwards. I'll start putting it all up on the ProjectMelee channel later today.

In the meantime, enjoy some mediocre HRC I did this morning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQvm1YHX1do

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
If the next PM update comes out before next weekend ima flip... because next weekend is the start of my spring break and 5 of my friends are also on spring break and are all huge smash fans... This next version looks amazing and i really thing what the project melee team is doing is so cool!... I will keep my hopes up on it releasing within 10 days :)

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
My spring break starts tomorrow. What's the chance of Demo2 being out before then?

I'm having some friends over April 4, so it would be awesome if Demo2 was out by then so we could play it. Do you guys know if it'll be out by then?

We have a local NC tournament on the 7th, what are the chances of it being out by then?

Anyway, Demo2 is looking really good. You guys seem to be doing a great job. Whenever it comes out, I'm sure it'll be great.

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
raphael robo, i am almost in the same situation.... im gonna have friends over for a smash/ mario kart fest regardless.. pm v2 would make it so much more epic...like really... im so hype for this now, i will suffice for normal melee if its not out by then though.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I just hope it will be possible (for more than the lucky few) to download this thing sooner than hours after launch. The Crash of Demo 1 led to some disappointment, though I guess it serves as a testimony to the pure hype P:M has. :]

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'll try to get PP to. But you know, Yeroc is in the same town as me, and next year we'll be at the same university, so we already have an NC person working on PM.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
iirc there was a stream where pp came and played p:m for a bit then decided it wasnt for him. he was one of those 'p:m isnt melee' kind of people, but definitely supported it.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Okay, so I've got about five and half hours of Sung and I doing lots of mostly goofy friendlies, and three fairly decent sets (two Bo5, one Bo3) against Sung's Falco afterwards. I'll start putting it all up on the ProjectMelee channel later today.

In the meantime, enjoy some mediocre HRC I did this morning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQvm1YHX1do
is the timing for catching items as strict as melee? and is it Z only now? no aerials?

Samus-T

Smash Lord
So I was just watching some streams of snake. what move is it that utilizes knives? and when did this happen O_o

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Snake's Crawl tilt and Fsmash utilize a knife. (not sure if the knife is an import or a vertex of Ike's sword. Could someone clear this up?)

Edit: Oh, cool. Thanks, Monk.
Edit 2: Oh, cool. Thanks, Shadic.

Ecks

Smash Lord
is the timing for catching items as strict as melee? and is it Z only now? no aerials?
I bet it's still like Brawl. It caused crashes when they tried fixing it before.

So basically anything that isn't the b button or the control stick will grab items. :urg:

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Hmm. From observing the stream, I concluded that snake's fsmash which is a triple slash attack is only good at low %...it seems like anything after 60% prevents the third slash(which happens to be the strongest one) from hitting. Was this done on purpose? Shouldn't he be given a quick kill method or is he being tweaked to rely on on his gadgets(Mines and Nikita)? Speaking of Nikita, has the jury reached a verdict? Is it getting taken out or modified? I'm inquiring about snake's side B because I remember that poll vote on smashmods about possible options. o.o

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. From observing the stream, I concluded that snake's fsmash which is a triple slash attack is only good at low %...it seems like anything after 60% prevents the third slash(which happens to be the strongest one) from hitting. Was this done on purpose? Shouldn't he be given a quick kill method or is he being tweaked to rely on on his gadgets(Mines and Nikita)? Speaking of Nikita, has the jury reached a verdict? Is it getting taken out or modified? I'm inquiring about snake's side B because I remember that poll vote on smashmods about possible options. o.o
The fsmash is similar to Link's in this regaurd. At %high, you should time it so that the character can get hit by the 3rd slash (like when they're approaching) but ultimately, there are better kill moves in Snake's arsenal.

At one time the side B was a shotgun that had bullets that penetrated walls. It was switched back to the Nikita, but the Nikita can be a ***** to dodge if used by the right hands. I think they made it faster.

Couch

Smash Cadet
My dream: please, oh lordie please someone get westballz to play his falco on Project M, im dying to see something like that

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Which stream? Fsmash is plenty good at high %. The 2nd hit kills decently, and the 3rd hit is still landable as a tech chase or dodge/roll punish, and sometimes even a shield poke. You'd be surprised how often that 3rd slash catches people off guard, even people who know how to fight Snake.

The fsmash is similar to Link's in this regaurd. At %high, you should time it so that the character can get hit by the 3rd slash (like when they're approaching) but ultimately, there are better kill moves in Snake's arsenal.

At one time the side B was a shotgun that had bullets that penetrated walls. It was switched back to the Nikita, but the Nikita can be a ***** to dodge if used by the right hands. I think they made it faster.
Side-B has always been Nikita. The silly shotgun thing was an experimental utilt we tried out a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom