• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
@Camera stuff: yeah, it feels like its higher slightly and angled down more than melee. you can see this when people play on PS1. the camera moves more and angles more than in melee on PS1 the most from what i've seen.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Dtilt and Dair seem to have retained their vBrawl frame data (iirc, hitting on 9F and 7F, respectively) or something pretty friggen close.

:phone:
Hm... does anyone think that might be a little fast for Dair? Its potency as an onstage edgeguarding tool should warrant more start up delay. I wouldn't have a problem with this if DDD wasn't able to put a hit box in the ledge and then lcancel dtilt as a follow up to it, but the fact he can makes it really strong and I honestly can't think of a situation not to use this edgeguard unless the opponent is recovering high or you could edgehog.

For instance, lets examine Marth's fair or dair edgeguard. A shffled fair/dair could reach under the stage similar to DDD's dair. However, even though this is a very potent options...especially since it could spike (if he was using dair) or lead into a dair, fsmash, or ftilt if he is using fair, Marth's ability to consistently perform this option is buffered by the fact he has to wait until he is able to fast fall. This means that two things have to occur to make this option viable 1. the opponent must be recovery low for a sweetspot 2. Marth must have enough time to prepare since he needs to time his fair/dair shffl.

But when time is a commodity and Marth wouldn't have enough time to use the fair or dair edgeguard, he would probably opt for a dtilt, fair, fsmash, or offstage up-b, etc. His more effective options require more time to prepare.

Since D3's dair has a persistent hitbox that can dip into the ledge of stage when the King is airborne, I think the edge guard is slightly brainless and to artificially create a "timing" by having a more delayed hitbox.

Anyway, thats my two cents for better balance with D3

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I got Dair and Dtilt mixed up. Blarrrrrg, I'm dumb.

Dair to Dtilt isn't as effective on characters that don't have recovery options on par with Falco's. I'm pretty sure that characters who can sweetspot the ledge (Marth, G&W, Pika) as well as characters who have, overall, flexible and / reliable recovery options (Wolf, Yoshi, Aggron, DK, Pit, etc) won't fall prey to such tactics. You should also keep in mind that most of the characters that D3 has a noticeably easier time gimping will, normally, give him a tough time onstage.

I R MarF

Smash Ace

Dair to Dtilt isn't as effective on characters that don't have recovery options on par with Falco's. I'm pretty sure that characters who can sweetspot the ledge (Marth, G&W, Pika) as well as characters who have, overall, flexible and / reliable recovery options (Wolf, Yoshi, Aggron, DK, Pit, etc) won't fall prey to such tactics. You should also keep in mind that most of the characters that D3 has a noticeably easier time gimping will, normally, give him a tough time onstage.

What about Captain Falcon and Ganon? and using the hammer technique seems to be an option to fight sweetspots since the hitbox goes into the ledge so I don't see how Marth or Pikachu or G&W would be immune to it. Marth might be situationally because his sword pokes up a bit, but it would give a lot of trouble to many other characters.

All I'm saying is give i more delay, it doesn't have to go away, just make it more situational.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Dair still leaves you open from the sides and above. Dair only seemed extremely potent because Fly was only using it against Sung's low recovery. Low recoveries are always fairly easily punished.

Smugleaf

Smash Cadet

Aggron confirmed for Demo 2? Will his SideB be Head Smash?

iLink

Smash Champion
Hm... does anyone think that might be a little fast for Dair? Its potency as an onstage edgeguarding tool should warrant more start up delay. I wouldn't have a problem with this if DDD wasn't able to put a hit box in the ledge and then lcancel dtilt as a follow up to it, but the fact he can makes it really strong and I honestly can't think of a situation not to use this edgeguard unless the opponent is recovering high or you could edgehog.

For instance, lets examine Marth's fair or dair edgeguard. A shffled fair/dair could reach under the stage similar to DDD's dair. However, even though this is a very potent options...especially since it could spike (if he was using dair) or lead into a dair, fsmash, or ftilt if he is using fair, Marth's ability to consistently perform this option is buffered by the fact he has to wait until he is able to fast fall. This means that two things have to occur to make this option viable 1. the opponent must be recovery low for a sweetspot 2. Marth must have enough time to prepare since he needs to time his fair/dair shffl.

But when time is a commodity and Marth wouldn't have enough time to use the fair or dair edgeguard, he would probably opt for a dtilt, fair, fsmash, or offstage up-b, etc. His more effective options require more time to prepare.

Since D3's dair has a persistent hitbox that can dip into the ledge of stage when the King is airborne, I think the edge guard is slightly brainless and to artificially create a "timing" by having a more delayed hitbox.

Anyway, thats my two cents for better balance with D3
If lucario's dair has the same frame data as brawl, then his is 4 frame startup lol. Honestly though I'm fine with him having good edgeguarding, makes up for what I predict to be a very punishable recovery on his part.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Wait, Aggron's in this game? Since when? I didn't think they could add new characters without removing existing ones.

leelue

Smash Lord
aggron is bowser's nickname, due to a skin.

Also, I R Marf, you don't know how individual characters can SDI in D3's Dair. On top of that, it's conceivable that a character may live through this tactic at low %'s, unlike a marth Dair.

Also again, D3 is huge, afaik his Dtilt is worth than marth's, and he of course doesn't have the Fsmash, or throw to fsmash, or fair to dair.
Sounds like an upside was warranted.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Oh, I snuck Aggron into that post in order to keep myself focused on teambuilding. Gen IV OU and Project:M have a lot in common, tbh.

Anyway, delaying Dair would consequently give DDD a much tougher time against projectiles and any character that can consistently troll CCable approaches. DDD has enough weaknesses already -- why make him free for a good portion of the cast?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Are you guys going to confirm Pit? That would be an awesome way to celebrate the new Kid Icarus game. Then again, I stopped playing that game after a couple days. It's really boring after you finish the whole game playing at higher difficulty levels.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I was serious. I didn't realize Aggron was a nickname for Bowser. From now on, I'm going to call him Greymon.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
If lucario's dair has the same frame data as brawl, then his is 4 frame startup lol. Honestly though I'm fine with him having good edgeguarding, makes up for what I predict to be a very punishable recovery on his part.
Yeah, it's still 4 frames.

Oh and Fly, maybe just one observation. I notice that you often jump out of U-smash when the opponent is at low percentage and you can' tland a hit. Instead, at low percents, maybe you can try using Side B out of U-smash (without jumping) Then if the person fails to tech, you can F-air and Side B to continue the combo. THough I like how you read your opponent.

As for Pit, I see you don't overuse glide as much as I do, which is good. I need to start learning not to rely on it too much and lose jumps.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Lol people complaining about DDD's dair without even mentioning his fair.

His fair is completely ridiculous. Not saying it makes him OP necessarily (other characters have ridiculous moves too) but still.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Lol people complaining about DDD's dair without even mentioning his fair.

His fair is completely ridiculous. Not saying it makes him OP necessarily (other characters have ridiculous moves too) but still.
How bad is it? :S

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Are you guys going to confirm Pit? That would be an awesome way to celebrate the new Kid Icarus game. Then again, I stopped playing that game after a couple days. It's really boring after you finish the whole game playing at higher difficulty levels.
Why do you keep asking us these questions? We aren't going to tell you that we're going to confirm a character until we've done so.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I meant it more as a general statement given that there was a discussion about Pit rather than a direct question to you guys. I know you aren't going to confirm anything. Pit did looked really cool in that video, and he's the only character in those that isn't confirmed (Well, I suppose Falco isn't either, but we all know he's going to be in it).

Would it have been better if I'd said "What do you guys that are working on the game think of Pit?" or "Do you guys in the PMBR think Pit is close to being ready?". That's essentially what I'm trying to get at. I want to know your opinions on Pit, rather than whether or not he'll be confirmed.

EDIT: Also, I was going to say your sig felt like it was directed at me, but then I looked at where it came from and saw that it actually was directed at me.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
We aren't going to tell you that we're going to confirm a character until we've done so.
Pokemon Smash (Japanese TV show) made an announcement last week that next week's episode is going to contain a new announcement. It worked for them for creating new hype since people are still speculating what it's going to be.

So yeah, it would be actually be great if you could confirm which characters are going to be confirmed next <3

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I am announcing that the next confirmation will include confirmed characters.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
That is awesome. I'm so hyped right now, I completely forgot about the whole awesome sig thing.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Alright so I've got a question regarding Demo 2. When every possible character is confirmed via smashmods or the official P:M site. Will Demo 2 be released that same day or will you make us wait a week or so. (Hint: Choose instant release immediately after the final confirmation)

My other question concerns the Demo 1 characters. Will they all be playable again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom