• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
No, of course not, because then people who don't follow this thread will be all "OMG PROJECT M = DOOMED" or whatever.
That's too bad. Here I was hoping ICs would be confirmed just so I could screw with my friends. Once you guys fix the glitch, can you leave the "Staring into your soul" part?

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Only I can have the version with playable PMBRers, sorry. You can have the nudes, though.
gad dammat

Nudes are acceptable.

9K, you are becoming a favorite poster of mine. Just throwing that out there.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Also, I don't know his name, but a security guy at the school showed up and asked which version it was. He claims that he made the opening art for Demo 1 (Y'know, the Melee-like border and such) and that he was in the back room at one time and was booted because of inactivity.
If it's Dan, then yes.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Do you guys have a compilation of frame data for the P:M characters. It would be cool to see that stuff for the community if you have it

Frame advance is better.

Is X sequence of attacks a combo?
1) Yes, with DI in. No, with DI away.
2) Not a combo period, can jump out.

That sort of stuff is better to look at than Frame data.

MaxThunder

PM Support
That's too bad. Here I was hoping ICs would be confirmed just so I could screw with my friends. Once you guys fix the glitch, can you leave the "Staring into your soul" part?
actually... this would be kinda cool.. you guys could put have nana stare into people's souls as her idle animation...

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Hm. It seems like the P:M team would just release the frame data though
It would be a ****-ton of work to compile all that data into a neat list. The data is all in the character files where you can easily look up whatever you want to know yourself.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Frame data usually doesn't matter too much unless you're using theories for everything. For the most part you can just get a feel for how fast an attack is and use that for info.
Is it just me, or is it a lot easier to get the feel for the speed of an attack by looking at it's frame data rather than playing the game?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Nah, JC Shine is fast as hell. The frame data gives you the idea, but the execution is just god tier quick.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Any specific frame data is viable to change. Not really worth maintaining a constantly changing list of values, especially considering the time it would take, and the fact that it would be used for investigative people to go "Well why did you change x, y, and z by ___ frames? HUH!?" Every release.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
All i care about is the Trajectory (Angle), the Knockback, the Size and sometimes the Bone of hitboxes are connected too, took me forever to figure out how luigi's D-air spiked worked in melee. Which why i was surprised by Falco's bad d-air angle, and d-tilt knockback in demo 1. Since i had thought you guys had the all melee data before hand.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Frame data usually doesn't matter too much unless you're using theories for everything. For the most part you can just get a feel for how fast an attack is and use that for info.
I think its much easier to look at the frames since you know how long the attack is in relation to one second (60 frames) and it is especially helpful for knowing endlags and whatnot.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I think its much easier to look at the frames since you know how long the attack is in relation to one second (60 frames) and it is especially helpful for knowing endlags and whatnot.
It would be a ****-ton of work to compile all that data into a neat list. The data is all in the character files where you can easily look up whatever you want to know yourself.

mhmmmmmmmmmmmm

I R MarF

Smash Ace
It would be worth your while though since it'd be very useful reference material for the community and devs as well as providing a very orgainized and professional change list for both the initial release and further releases

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I will, but this is a major deterrence:

[Frame data could potentially be wrong] since PSA and bbox will be wrong for any attacks that use GCT framespeed mods.
I wouldn't want to provide inaccurate info, the P:M team would be the best source of compiling this information.

If someone can tell me how to recalculate frames in respect to GCT framespeed mods and give a me a lowdown of how to acess frame data, I would more than love to do it because I suppose someone has got to.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
how to acess frame data
Get PSA, open FitCharacter.pac, go to Sub Actions tab, scroll though Sub Actions dropdown.

"Asynchronous Timer" indicates the frame at which all the lines following it (until the next instance of"Asynchronous Timer") begin.
The other labels should be pretty self-explanatory.
Just use the FitCharacterMotionEtc.pac in BrawlBox to check animation related stuff.
Remember to stop every 12 hours to eat and BM.

cmart

Smash Lord
Frame speed mods change what speed the move is done at - a straight multiplayer. You should be able to do the math from there. As long as it isn't a gct fsm anyway...

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I haven't been up to date with PM for a long time aside from the character updates that have been coming out lately (which is exciting :D ). I just wanted to ask, is the first page of this forum still up to date? Is ledgeteching not possible still?

EDIT: To add, part of the reason I ask is I thought that I heard that landing detection was fixed... but the opening post says that characters still land early. Sooooo did I get misinformation or is that post just outdated? I also ask 'cause I feel like the ability to ledgetech if fairly important... otherwise throwing disjointed hitboxes, like DDD's Dair, below the stage while still on stage will be just as rewarding as off stage guarding, despite having almost no risk factor.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Do I just ask nicely?
Dunno if SB accepts sexual favors, but you should just come onto him kind and light -- maybe act like a kawaii desu loli girl (or a really burly brony) -- and he'll love you. He can count frames by hand, so whatever you can do, make it worthwhile.

Anyway, just don't worry about it for now. I'm pretty sure that a ****load of framework will be changed once every gets their hands on Demo 2. Only when the 'full' version of P:M is finished and released -- you know, when every character's respective metagame can properly develop -- will frame data be of significant importance. Until then, if you have a question about the frame data of a particular move, just direct it at one of the devs. Theorycraft is negligible, once you consider how much work and time has been placed into P:M thus far.

Hey, I haven't been up to date with PM for a long time aside from the character updates that have been coming out lately (which is exciting :D ). I just wanted to ask, is the first page of this forum still up to date? Is ledgeteching not possible still?
SDIing after a ledgetech still isn't possible iirc. Speaking of teching the ledge: can you still grab the ledge immediately after a tech, just like in Brawl, or has this been fixed?

:phone:

Revven

FrankerZ
First post has always been in relation to demo 1. It will be updated properly when demo 2 is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom