• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
SDIing after a ledgetech still isn't possible iirc. Speaking of teching the ledge: can you still grab the ledge immediately after a tech, just like in Brawl, or has this been fixed?
Well you can't grab backwards except in special fall and one or two up-bs... so I'll let you figure that out.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
It worked a few weeks ago in P:M, and I'd tested it in vBrawl the day after, in order to verify whether or not it's a code-related glitch. I dunno if it's been addressed in that short period of time, let alone fixed.

:phone:

Samus-T

Smash Lord
So regarding characters that are far from finished, are there any special plans or new concepts for anyone like olimar climbers or ivy?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Wasn't there some problem with getting Olimar to work?

Anyway, I like the idea of sleeper confirmations. You should also have on-sd DLC.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
As little as i've seen of olimar the only problem seems to be what they should do with him. So far the only thing they've metioned is that as the pikmin grow flowers or "bloom" they get stronger, and i think he can only have like 4 pikmin now. other than that they haven't released too much more information.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
Olimars lasst hit on his up tilt should be a semi spike. That would be dope for combos and tech chasing :D

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Olimar with 3 pikmin that last a lot longer sounds much better than 4 Pikmin, whether they last longer or not.

Stance Change down B, keep the current Pikmin for each attack except for Side B, give him a new F-smash where he swings the Pikmin currently active like a bat. Up-B can either grapple if the three pikmin are in range, or, if they aren't, he throws them upward, and holding up makes him propel himself along the pikmin chain for an actual recovery, after which the only action he can do is try to up-B tether again. Up-B'ing after he has already used the up-B chain jump acts identically to vBrawl tether and can not boost his recovery further. Make Pikmin more differentiated and less homogenised than in vBrawl. To contrast the fact that his pikmin don't shuffle out after being used, the Pikmin act very differently in terms of bkb, kbg, angle, shield damage, damage, and hitlag. Down B stance change is nearly instantaneous, probably at most 5 frames, at most, again, and switches to the next pikmin in his line. Side-B toss is also more differentiated, with some Pikmin causing knockback, some attaching, and some doing both. I have a list elaborating which do which ready if anyone wants to see it. These four factors- Different pikmin effects, more differentiated side-B, significantly less Pikmin to spam, and non-changing pikmin, would make his build something of an actual character, and make the Olimar player consciously think about what Pikmin he has in hand, knowing that he can't readily call back Pikmin with down B if he tossed out the wrong one, and make the player forced to use attacks quickly and smartly, as with every other character in the game.

Oh and Pikmin pluck would be slowed down considerably, something like, 30 frames, so you can't just throw your pikmin out and expect to refresh with new ones instantly.

iLink

Smash Champion
Can we have an estimate on the time between the final characters revealed and the actual release? I'm planning on making a file to include SJS's csp's for anyone else that wants it.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Streaming today with the usuals: http://www.justin.tv/jcaesar

There is a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT coming later today. It'll be posted here but I will pass it to the stream viewers simultaneously, so you won't miss anything.

Also, I will gladly answer any ROB questions.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Big thanks to everyone who supported me in the SWF questions/answers thread! I promise to make up for it with some legit content once I'm back.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Today being March 31st didn't stop Google. Unless they were serious about Google Maps for the NES.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Big thanks to everyone who supported me in the SWF questions/answers thread! I promise to make up for it with some legit content once I'm back.
I still find it ridiculous that they never gave you an official answer, if they had a problem with PM they could've said something like "Don't put it on the stream list if you're playing PM and just do it when it's Melee.", instead they just made it so you couldn't post your stream.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Peef, when you get your streaming privileges back you need to celebrate by having everyone on the twitch.tv smash page do a steak run at the same time.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Leap year wasn't created until 46BC, so no the Mayan calendar doesn't take it into account.
This is what I get for listening to teachers. Misinformation FTW.

Now let's see if my internet feels like letting me watch that stream.

Edit: Wait, stream is over already?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Peef, when you get your streaming privileges back you need to celebrate by having everyone on the twitch.tv smash page do a steak run at the same time.
Will do. **** was amazing. Just imagine a 20-streamer steak cook off. So tasty.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Hey everyone! We know you've been waiting patiently for Demo 2, and we've been releasing some character pages and confirmations for you to check out. However, you've had some questions like "When are you actually releasing?" and "How many characters are going to be in the Demo?"

Your questions have been answered. Now. Watch the official trailer, or if you can't - Check out the spoiler text below!

[yt]XTzCkbi3nDk[/yt]

Thanks for your patience everybody! This last stretch of a wait will be worth it. We promise.

Demo 2 Roster: 29 characters. Release date: April 15th 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom