• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

genkaku

I guess I'm excited, 'cause I just took a nap and dreamed that I was invited to the PMBR for beating all of them in GNT4.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Just going to copy-pasta most of my post on Smashmods because lazy:

Bowser, Wario, Charizard, Wolf and Toon Link? Yes please!

I've got most of my mains so far (if we include the one's from Demo 1 as confirmed) out on the playing field now. It's a beautiful sight <3

One of my favorite characters however is nowhere near ready, from my understanding. She's only used in streams extremely rarely. Poor Ivysaur :<

Character-wise, I'm thinking Squirtle will be another one that's going to hit Demo 2, but that's mere speculation.

I've also realized that all the characters from the Demonstration videos (Bowser, Lucario and Charizard) have all been confirmed now. Nice!

I'm waiting eagerly for the release, whenever it may be. My sister (a second grader who I'm trying to train in the ways of Smash and Pokemon, much to my parents' annoyance haha) is pretty excited too. She wants Kirby and Pikachu, mostly, but I don't think either of those characters are even close to being ready. Unfortunate. Maybe she'll pick someone else up during Demo 2. *shrugs*

Keep up the great work, P:M team! Let it be known that this fan isn't disappointed in the slightest.
I'll add on characters I'm willing to try out in Demo 2, that were not mentioned in that quote:

-While not a big Lucario fan in general, I'm interested in how his aura powers will work. Seems like one of the harder characters to learn, I'm thinking.

-Ike, while being a ridiculously powerful character in the wrong hands (either that or I have TERRIBLE timing), I'm quite excited about his Quickdraw's upgrade, and want to give it a go.

-R.O.B.: While I've never been good with him, finding out that the Robo-Booster acts as an effective Back Aerial from vBrawl, but with better control of its direction, will be a nice touch. I've also been fond of a couple of the heavier characters (Bowser and Ganondorf, to name a couple).

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
I may have misread, but Robo Booster says he can fly Left, Right or Up for a total of three times before he has to land. I just remember in vBrawl how I tried to use Back Aerial to help my recovery a bit when I did play as him, as it pushed him forward.

Generally I used it before Up-B in vBrawl, as to get me closer to the stage, or to make sure I didn't die offscreen. Only helped a couple of times, but I felt it was effective. I used it more for recovery than I did for attacking, which is probably silly XD

I'm not really a competitive smasher. If I was, I'd be like some "Angry German Kid" or whatever that video, where he smashes his keyboard and flips out uncontrollably.

I'm a sore loser and am trying to be better at not being one. <__<

Linkshot can vouch for me when it comes to my competitive prowness. We live close enough that I can play Smash with him, but I can never win a single match. Haha ^^;;

EDIT: Haha! I got inb4'd. That's pretty much what I meant. Thanks for making it short and simple, drsusredfish

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Squirtle only suring replayinf the stage?
What?

I want you to include everyone. You know those characters that don't work at all and fail miserably? Include them. I want to play them. Forget all the characters that are good, I want to play the ones that don't work.
You can go on BrawlVault and download a ton of those after the demo comes out.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
It would be cool if squirtle was confirmed; of course, this would mean that the PMBR was doing secret juju training with a new down+B without telling us, which would be magnifibeautiful

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
If I am correct, Luigi may be confirmed for demo 2 since he is shown on one of the pictures in the ROB character description on the main site. I haven't seen any unconfirmed characters used like that in a picture until they are announced.

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
5 or 6 maybe 7 if you count two forms of the same character (I hope)

Pikachu
Luigi
Ness
Pit
(Z)Samus
and Yoshi (10pleases:lol:)(?)
any other characters I cant see making it du tout!

Samus-T

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie it would be pretty sick to see samus and zamus in demo2

Also why is it that squirtle has been so neglected as far as development? I always felt that he was perfect for a melee environment. Much more so than DDD -___-
:phone:

magikoopa

Smash Rookie
Peach's *** has the power to charge a small village. So yeah, I think she's ready.
I've only seen peach on stream a few times - has she undergone much change? She's my most-wanted character after yoshi for demo 2. :)

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Is squirtle going to get his glasses? Because that would be awesome. Those glasses were so awesome they made a guest appearance in Gurren Lagann.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Not gonna lie it would be pretty sick to see samus and zamus in demo2

Also why is it that squirtle has been so neglected as far as development? I always felt that he was perfect for a melee environment. Much more so than DDD -___-
From what I recall of PEEF's early Squirtle streams, it seemed like in terms of offense, Squirtle suffered from lack of kill moves, limited combos, and range. While he was small and agile, his fall speed made him susceptible to combos (unlike Jiggs) and his light weight got him killed very early, in conjunction with a mediocre recovery. I'm not sure what changes he's received of late, but the early Squirtle looked pretty bad compared to Melee high tiers.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
I've only seen peach on stream a few times - has she undergone much change? She's my most-wanted character after yoshi for demo 2. :)
From what I've seen her side b goes further with more knock back, second jump goes higher, and up throw animation is different. That's about all I can think of

metroid1117

Smash Master
From what I've seen her side b goes further with more knock back, second jump goes higher, and up throw animation is different. That's about all I can think of

In comparison to Melee Peach, Peach:M apparently has her Brawl jab (it goes out farther), her FSmash is on a constant cycle (non-random between pan, club, and racket), her FSmash is more powerful, her side+B goes longer and more powerful, and she has her Brawl UTilt.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
As we rapidly approach the release of demo 2, I find myself getting very hype. I am sure many others feel the same way. With that in mind my dear friends of Smash World Forums I say:

SONIC 4 DEMO 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom