• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
Wow its been so long since i been on the boards this project is coming along nicely...once i heard that wolf was coming to DEMO 2 i was hype for this game again but yea nice work PMBR

jalued

Smash Lord
Great news on the heavies, still a bit worried about how viable DDD is, but I'm sure he must have been tested enough and voted into the demo by most of the PMBR.

I think I've worked out shadic's plan for the releases:

Characters possibly left:

Pikachu
Ness
Luigi
Yoshi (?)
Samus

Returning 64 veterans ^

And the rest :p

ZSS (possibly samus released with her)
Pit

Note: I really hope pikachu is in, he's so much fun in melee and I'd love to see how Axe would play with him

Tigertenaka

Smash Rookie
And with this new announcement, every character I would want to play as in this demo has been confirmed. This is going to be awesome!

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Come on Pit! we need Pit! I am hype for the heavy hitters being announced though.

I'm pretty sure I would collapse if I saw something like. Pit, Squirtle, ZSS, Luigi Announced!

*drops dead*

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I'm glad to hear that these characters are confirmed! I'm hoping for 5 characters in the next update... that wouldn't be too much to ask for, would it?

By the way, I have a question about Bowser's fortress hogging; the website says that you can up+B "while grounded then slide off the ledge to grab it immediately." Does that mean that you can up+B and slide off the stage at any point of the up+B and expect to grab it, or is it like it is in Melee where it only works on sloped stages and you'll otherwise have to wait for your up+B to end?

Also... would it be out of place for us to point out grammatical/writing errors?
It's pretty much at any time unlike Melee. This is due to the enlarged grab-box he has in Project M compared to what it was in Melee. Remember, Bowser is larger in Project M than he is in Melee.

HotDogTurtle, the Demo 1 only had 14 characters, not 16.

jalued

Smash Lord
Come on Pit! we need Pit! I am hype for the heavy hitters being announced though.

I'm pretty sure I would collapse if I saw something like. Pit, Squirtle, ZSS, Luigi Announced!

*drops dead*
Not to burst your bubble, but squirtle seems unlikely because (from what ive seen on the streams) they havn't decided on a downB for him yet.

What about pikachu? Pika <3 all the way

If Fly Amanita posted here, he would assure you that DDD is more than viable.
From the blog, what i got for DDD:

great edgeguarder
good spacing tools
powerful hits

like a combination of marth and ganon?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
he's also fat, has slow startup on kill moves like fsmash (iirc), and a predictable recovery. as long as d3 is on stage, he should be a beast until he has to recover

Ecks

Smash Lord
Wow, seems this demo will have (almost) twice the characters demo1 had!

Needs more Ness though. ;)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, awesome roster. The only other secondary/side characters I'd like to have around at this point are Ness, Pikachu, Kirby, and Luigi and even still, the current selection should be a ton of fun.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Now all the characters that I realistically wanted in the Demo are in. Yay.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Really excited to see those 4 heavy's be announced :) I hate to say it but even I was shocked by DDD's appearance. Anywho I can see this is gonna be an awesome demo coming up :)

G

genkaku

All of the matrix movies were absolutely fantastic. The first was just so mind-bogglingly so that it made the other two pale in comparison.

Are there specific plans for the stage roster in demo 2?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
THose who asked about Subspace. It will probably be the same deal as demo 1. The final product ought to work just fine though. THough I wonder how it will treat Pokemon trainer, lol. Squirtle only suring replayinf the stage? Maybe near the end we should add icons or something... Or try.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
Is pokemon trainer even going to be an option? Or is he out for good because we now have wild pokemon

:phone:

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
"We're working on answering some of the bigger questions that you guys have had in fairly short notice. Thanks for your patience!"

What kind of bigger questions are you talking about?

9Kplus1

Smash Master
"When will Demo 2 be finished and released?"
"Why the long wait?"
"Changelist?"
"Glitches? Why?"
"What's the 'surprise' that you guys have planned to reward us for our 'patience'?"
"Why isn't X being worked on much?"
"Nudes? Please?"

Etc

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom