• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
By the way I was wondering. Is there or will there be a list of the New Advance techs in the game? Like Bowser's super jump cancel for example.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
By the way I was wondering. Is there or will there be a list of the New Advance techs in the game? Like Bowser's super jump cancel for example.
maybe there should be a link in the character pages for character specific ATs.
somewhat like the general ATs list---> http://projectm.dantarion.com/changes/ats

the character write-ups are nice but people can easily miss info in those walls of text

Vigilante

Smash Lord
You're tearing me apart, server crash!

Seriously, you guys should set up approximately ten mirrors. That'll be cool.
The only mirror we'll have will be on my ceiling because I'm so dang sexy.

Jokes aside, I know I generally prefer watching singles.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Assuming I'm not under some great fundamental misunderstanding:
I read that one concern of the Backroom is for servers being able to handle all the downloads when it is released. If I may make a suggestion it would be to first have a silent release on this thread. Just a post without changing the thread title. That would divide the waves of downloads into 2 easier-to-handle chunks.
Plus, us more active fans can feel special and rewarded

Ecks

Smash Lord
Crashing the server can't be avoided. Put some Megaupload and Filesonic mirrors. :awesome:

But seriously, if the hype is as crazy as last time, that server's going down like raft in the Bermuda Triangle.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
What do you mean by that? Being able to use Blue while you're Team Red?
Yeah, it'd make adding textures simpler to be able to replace team slots with whatever without worry of the substitute being out-of-place. And allowing players options as to how they wish to play is just good in general.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I know nothing of Brawl's workings, but I assume you'd have to change how Brawl recognizes teams.

Or make it something static, like player1&4 are always team a and player2&3 are always team b.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Assuming I'm not under some great fundamental understanding:
I read that one concern of the Backroom is for servers being able to handle all the downloads when it is released. If I may make a suggestion it would be to first have a silent release on this thread. Just a post without changing the thread title. That would divide the waves of downloads into 2 easier-to-handle chunks.
Plus, us more active fans can feel special and rewarded
Lol I think you mean "misunderstanding". Silent release, please? If only by a couple of hours? :awesome:

Mid0ri

Smash Rookie
Yup.

I wish. Hopefully we'll have enough mirrors that it wouldn't be too bad.

Getting 4-5K downloads in the first week wouldn't be terribly surprising. I'd expect quite a bit more, honestly.
If it ever gets that bad, have you guys considered having it available to download via a bittorrent through a tracker? Ideally this way the more people that download it the easier it would make it for others (granted if people would be seeding afterwards of course ^^). Just food for thought.

and btw I prefer watching singles :D

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Lol I think you mean "misunderstanding". Silent release, please? If only by a couple of hours? :awesome:
Thanks for that, Fixed. :cool:
I don't know a lot about servers so I wouldn't want anyone to get too attached to the idea. I could very well be wrong about how much it would help. I wouldn't know if a couple hours between would be enough but It seems like the idea would, at most, divide the stress into two halves (Which I'd guess is a big help). Either that or, like people have said, mirrors on mediafire would be useful. I can't imagine any real problems with either ideas. Both are free and avoid damage well.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Are Zelda and Sheik gods of counter-picking now? Or do they have similar match-ups against other characters? Who do they both suck against?
Pretty much impossible to say right now.

Btw, neko has a spare server that we can use for downloads. If two servers aren't enough, then we have no clue of the amount of hype we have created.

So, our toon link update was posted even on the Zelda Universe fansite some days ago.
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/zelda-news/project-m-toon-link-mod/

Just to know, someone here was responsible for that? haha.

So, everyone interested in Sonic, G&W, Mario, Luigi and Ness stay tuned for my streams since those are the characters I've been playing most.
Also Ike, Snake, Falcon and Lucas which are the characters Dan uses most.

I'll always post the stream on the facebook page.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Speaking of teams, when are you guys gonna get gold/yellow, black and white teams set up?

(Mostly joking)

Ecks

Smash Lord
It's already possible in the one-player modes, so I'm not so sure.
But I can't find an appropriate code, so nevermind.
I was talking about the character selection itself. How would the game know which characters are supposed to be teammates? That's why I said it should be set in stones which players would be teammates.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Could Riivolution support be provided as an option again this time? It's an Elf now, meaning it's compatible with smashstack.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I don't see why it wouldn't be. Things such as custom SFX obviously will not be included, but there's no reason behind why the installer shouldn't retain the "Rivolution [with] Online" option. Then again, if push comes to shove, most of the files can be placed in the "Project M" or in my case -- because I'm cool -- "Custom1" folder.

:phone:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Lucas and Snake are very different it seems. Marth sword arcs and stuff were finally corrected, iirc. I think Fox/Falco got their jumps tweaked as well. From what I've seen in streams, Sonic has some different moves too.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Even just the proper xml for the setup would be nice. I've been wanting to switch to Riiv for the longest time, but I've been lazy about reorganizing my folders and files. I'll definitely do it if there's Riiv support for Demo 2.

iLink

Smash Champion
I still don't know wtf riivolution is or whatever.
Basically lets you turn on and off files. You can have multiple codesets and switch between them and turn on and off stage/characters textures and such. It also allows sound replacement.

It would also be ideal for switching between the actual codeset and the wifi/replay friendly one without having to swap out the SD card for another one.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm pretty sure Project M 100% supports the non-HBC method as their primary means of usage. What's being asked is that if there should be support for Riivolution as an option.

In response to `daze, mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom