• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
It wasn't a bug. Demo 1's release simply caused too much traffic for the site which caused the server to crash.
And this will most likely happen again.

The reason I recommended dropbox is that even though it's hosted on a third party site you can still control the downloads. And the servers are most likely going to hang much better than the ones on Dantarion's page.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
******** question probably to some people, but I have just kind of been peeking my head in here and there. Is Bowser confirmed to be playable in the demo this time around yet?

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
I like watching doubles, mostly to see characters like sonic, lucas, squirtle, etc using their unique playing styles in tandem with the chaos that a four player match brings to the table.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
I prefer to watch singles, as the match is easier to follow and it's a helluva lot easier observing character changes.

BUT

I enjoy watching the shenanigans that come with doubles. Team combos are sexy and Team SDs are hilarious. It's also interesting to see how well two characters work together.

MaxThunder

PM Support
It wasn't a bug. Demo 1's release simply caused too much traffic for the site which caused the server to crash.
I believe that is why someone brought up the topic of using mediafire or something...

... i have seen a lot of proffesional games released with alternate download link at free file hosting services... to me, that sounds like a good idea...

Samus-T

Smash Lord
Quick question for the devs, I've been watching a lot of pikachu m videos and I have to say he looks absolutely ****. Brought back the 64 bair and adopted pichus upb tech, but I was wondering if pikachus wavedash has been improved at all from melee. Basically is it still one of the more difficult wd to preform

:phone:

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
No PM Pikachu has QAC (Quick Attack Cancel), Not Pichu's PA (Prefect Agility).

They look alike, but they work completely different.

Pikachu's requires you to touch the ground, and jump to cancel it. - http://youtu.be/nqYRNuXrVso

Quick Attack Cancel (QAC) -- This is the bread and butter of Pikachu's ATs. Basically, if you Quick Attack into the ground or a platform at a downward angle, you're granted a brief window of time in which you can jump or perform an aerial (though out of them all, only the ground shock wave of dair will have time to come out). The jump you perform is a "second jump," so you can't short hop it, but you can attack, airdodge, or even do another QA! This is Pikachu's fastest way of getting around and can be essential to a top-level Pikachu's game.
Pichu's requires you to end the attack before touching the ground. - http://youtu.be/zb326Jk-le4

Perfect Agility (PA) is a term used to refer to landing Pichu's Up Special move (Agility) with perfect timing so as to give it only a single frame of ending lag, and cause a pseudo-wavedash effect. This technique is probably referred to by different names by different players, but this guide will only use the terms "Perfect Agility" and the abbreviation "PA" to refer to it. Depending on how hard you tilt the control stick, you can slightly adjust the length of your Agility. This is VERY important to remember when using Perfect Agility, as it can mean the difference between a successful hit and being punished.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Are Zelda and Sheik gods of counter-picking now? Or do they have similar match-ups against other characters? Who do they both suck against?

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
You're tearing me apart, server crash!

Seriously, you guys should set up approximately ten mirrors. That'll be cool.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Does Pikachu have the tech that lets him go horizontally twice in a row (in the same direction) with his upB in P:M like he could in 64/Melee. Maybe he already had it in Brawl I don't know.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Something came up with Brian. He had to leave a bit later than he had planned. He'll be here in about an hour.

Edit: It's taking him longer than expected to get here. We'll either start streaming in 20-30 mins while we wait for him or we'll just wait for him to get here, whenever that is.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Is there a chance you guys will include a text file of the GCT with demo 2, or, if you don't want to, include the single-player match and unrestricted camera codes?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Unrestricted Camera Code and 1P Vs. Matches will likely be included in the codeset. We won't be releasing a .txt though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom