• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian_Link

Smash Cadet
@Brain You didn't try Toon Link?
I've just never been a fan of him. One Link is all I need. If I had another hour I probably would have tried him to essentially finish my preview of Demo 2, but I had other characters to play. The only character I played twice was Samus, who is my main.

First time saying my name and you spelled it right. I love you already.
I try, the best part is I didn't even need to look it up. I'll take it that correct spelling cancels out my misplaying of ROB then?

Don't you mean FTilt? FSmash is really great for raising your self-esteem, because throwing it out randomly doesn't work most of the time (I plan all of my FSmashes ;3); FSmash is also great for trolling your teammate in dubs. Oh, and DDD's Dthrow cannot be chained into another grab. The infamous penguin Dthrow is now a tech chase setup.
Nope, I mean F-Smash, there were a few times where I got punished by hitting out too far. Had the handle been able to hit, I would've done better, but that would be stupid. I didn't throw it out completely randomly, but I had just killed with Bowser F-smash a couple games before, so I think I was still in a "Heavy Character hit stuff hard with F-Smash" mood. /Johns

As for the tech chase, I know it isn't a chain grab, but if I recall, its definitely something worth using.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'll win a Gen V tour with Medicham if you come play with us this weekend.
Stop stalking my posts

I also have a paper to write this weekend, if I want to go over, I'll have to write it over the next 2 days :<

MaxThunder

PM Support
Because some stages have edited blastlines, walljumpable walls, or hazards, even if the stages visually look like they haven't changed at all.
i know that... but it's smashville we're talking about... i was of the understanding that it had pretty good everything from vBrawl...

is my favorite stage... literally the only stage in brawl i have no complaints about...

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
So can we get a .txt of (parts of) the codelist when demo 2 comes out?

You don't have to label your proprietary codes; that can stay secret. It could all just be in a massive code block called 'PM gameplay codes.'

But certain codes would be nice to be able to modify more easily. Default settings, stage select screen, buffer vs handicap, disabled custom stages, level freezers/modifiers, etc.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
... Yeah, I personally think that a sex stab like that would look really awkward lol
I would have disagreed earlier, but it would not have been convincing.
[collapse="I am using one hand, so it might be sloppy"]
Proof of concept:

The ending goes too fast, but that could be remedied by either just removing the pose, or extending it (it's after IASA, anyway).
Try it: It looks fine, especially in-game, where it also feels quite natural.

Just sayin', I disagree.
[/collapse]

drsusredfish

Smash Ace

You don't have to label your proprietary codes; that can stay secret. It could all just be in a massive code block called 'PM gameplay codes.'

But certain codes would be nice to be able to modify more easily. Default settings, stage select screen, buffer vs handicap, disabled custom stages, level freezers/modifiers, etc.
just do it yourself. the PMBR isn't going to just give out codes they worked 2 years on.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I would have disagreed earlier, but it would not have been convincing.
[collapse="I am using one hand, so it might be sloppy"]
Proof of concept:

The ending goes too fast, but that could be remedied by either just removing the pose, or extending it (it's after IASA, anyway).
Try it: It looks fine, especially in-game, where it also feels quite natural.

Just sayin', I disagree.
[/collapse]
Yeah. I still can't see myself shuffling those across the stage. My opinion still stands: ... Yeah, I personally think that a sex stab like that would look AND FEEL really awkward lol :awesome:

Sorry, thats exactly how I pictured it in my head and it still seems like it would be strange. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." :)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
If that's a reference to the extended hitbox of the jumping stab from Zelda 2, I thought that it was awkward to use in that game too.

There's no possible way that it could translate to Smash and retain the same utility that normal sex kicks are used for.

Revven

FrankerZ

Nope.

10nos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom