• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Hard to tell on the internet.

To make this post relevant, I'm confirming that Smashville will in fact be in Demo 2.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I just dont get the big mystery with everything. Would it really be a big deal to just give short lists of specific tasks that need to be accomplished for Demo 2 along with what characters and stages to expect?

For instance, there is this one independent game development team that uses a "Tasks Remaining" countdown to give their fans an idea as to how close the next release was. Additionally, they had a list of specific information stating exactly what was going to be implemented in said next release

I would imagine this would be easy to do (assuming you guys have your information organized) and worth your while (since it would eliminate vague repetitive questions)

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
I just dont get the big mystery with everything. Would it really be a big deal to just give short lists of specific tasks that need to be accomplished for Demo 2 along with what characters and stages to expect?

For instance, there is this one independent game development team that uses a "Tasks Remaining" countdown to give their fans an idea as to how close the next release was. Additionally, they had a list of specific information stating exactly what was going to be implemented in said next release

I would imagine this would be easy to do (assuming you guys have your information organized) and worth your while (since it would eliminate vague repetitive questions)
The basic answer is that things change. A character that might look like a shoe-in at one point might have a problem that crops up and then that character needs to be held back. Basically, we don't want to promise things and then not deliver them, or deliver them differently than promised.

We also don't want to give you guys everything at once and have nothing else to report until the demo comes out.

Don't worry though, the wait won't be too much longer. I'm working on something right now that will hopefully build some hype ;) (I edit video for the team btw)

Aposl

Smash Ace
I have a lot of ideas for Ivysaur but I have no coding skills where would i go to discuss a potential moveset for her, or at least a place where my thoughts on the character could be recorded.

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
I have a lot of ideas for Ivysaur but I have no coding skills where would i go to discuss a potential moveset for her, or at least a place where my thoughts on the character could be recorded.
You could post them here, or on the public project m forums at smashmods.com

Aposl

Smash Ace
im posting here because even after registering I couldnt post there, my concept is for Ivysaur.

I thought about this and mulled it over with JCaesar this past Tuesday because Ivy is currently unplayable and no one has even begun to mod her, also I main PT so im interested in the development of this character is purley based on that. And playing her in Brawl I know her weaknesses so i know what i want her improvements to be.

I think the character should be a mixture of grappling style and zone. Basically, Ivysaur is to slow to do rush down, and lets face it, its just not who the character is, so what her strategy should be is one of, making the opponent come to her and then having a powerful grab game.

I want to start with her specials.

Side B should shoot in a straight trajectory and be aimable, so that it can be aimed downward, and upward as well as straight. This should be only slight trajectory changes, but it would help with her zone.

Neutral B should be leech seed instead of bullet seed. Bullet seed is essentially too good as move or too bad, it has no medicre use, and because i think in the melee engine its useless it should just be scrapped. I do think it could be used in one of the throws similar to falcos laser up throw, to give a cool animated effect but that is the extent. The leech seed should be like snakes down smash, its planted in the ground, it does healing to Ivysaur as well as damage to the opponent, this will create and obstacle in Ivy's zone that sets up for her up b.

Up B should be a grap similar to captain falcons up b that pulls ivysaur to you, this would help with her recovery, which is God awful, and would also help her survive when someone ledge hogs past their invincibility frames. I think it should look like her old up b, but grab instead of just have a hit box. I think Ivysaur should be able to cancel the pull up by pressing down, just like you can do with a regular up allowing you to down air your opponent.

Down B would be a ground Grab with her vine, which would give Ivysaur a powerful 50/50 mix up when she has set up her zone tools. I think her ground grab should have 2 throw options off of it if she lands it. a toss up which could potentially land an up b depending on the D.I. of the opponent, or a tech chasable ground slam.

Smash attacks

I think giving her a forward smash that recoils but gives her some percentage would be nice. The stupidest thing about her f smash is that when she goes back to her standing postion she is too easily punished, it is basically unspaceable. Unlike other characters like marth etc.... Which is dumb for a character with vines at their disposal. So she should actually roll back after the f smash to gain ground, IMO. (this may seem ridiculous but i feel Ivysaur should be all about zone)

Up smash - me and Jcaesar talked about up smash being solar beam and charging the smash could look like the beam charging up. And the attack could be like thunder, i say this because it takes so long to come out, it might as well have a bigger hit box. We also said it would be funny of this caused Ivysaur to go into a donkey kong side b animation.

Down smash should just be a little bit longer, and do more knock back

Tilts and Jabs

the jab should be like ivysaur lifting her head up like a tiny headbutt and be quick, tilts with vines would be redundant for spacing and footsies, this should be a get off me quick attack out of shield pressure or a dash in.

Forward tilt should stay.

Up tilt should be different, like just a vine, but the up tilt can be the same

down tilt i think is good because of what it does, and with jab being different there is no redundancy

Aerials

Up air and F air, and B air stay the same, Bair could be a little long as well as do a little more knock back on second hit sweet spotted maybe.

Dair should be like a weak yoshi kick that pushes enemy down. Gives Ivysaur a landing move, down air at its current state gives Ivysaur no good moves to land with.

Nair should be like a sex kick but I dont know what the animtion should look like maybe like up airs cooldown where is ligaments are sprawled out.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We generally don't care about vBrawl players' viewpoints on their character as the competitive metagames of vBrawl and Project M are entirely different and don't transfer.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Well Reflex does play Melee at all the local tournaments. I'd say he's probably top 8 in the region with his Bowser/G&W. Though it's mostly on skill not metagame.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
ryoko is one of the most prominant melee vet so i'd imagine his input on the melee functions is taken in high regards. but realistically no one person is the "how melee is it" measuring stick

That's about what I expect.

As an analogy, a group of non-smash players will likely have a far different opinion of the game than anyone immersed in the competitive side of it. Same idea with people who place well in tournament have a different view of the game than those who never make it out of pool.

Mainly why I was wondering.

Aposl

Smash Ace
We generally don't care about vBrawl players' viewpoints on their character as the competitive metagames of vBrawl and Project M are entirely different and don't transfer.
I play project M with JCaesar at our Tuesday night sessions, also dont be such a hipster dude, your attacking me personally instead of responding to my ideas, which by the way are based on Ivysaur being untouched, as I was told. So hold that, if you dont like the idea thats fine, but give me reasons, or a better idea for Ivysaur. Plus your whole V Brawl players opinion thing is BS, because how Ivysaur works in Brawl, could transfer into project M similarly, like I highly doubt her recovery has gotten better, and that her zone game is the same. So let me know exactly what I have to do to be in your little club where my opinion counts... By the way if you cant tell your comment was very off putting, do you want your community to grow?

Also on an unrelated note, just because of the relationship between Charizard and ashe it would be funny if you changed one of Charizard's taunts to his laying down, not gonna do anything pose.

Also i stared at dark metroids sig gif for like 20 repetitions

metroid1117

Smash Master
That's about what I expect.

As an analogy, a group of non-smash players will likely have a far different opinion of the game than anyone immersed in the competitive side of it. Same idea with people who place well in tournament have a different view of the game than those who never make it out of pool.

Mainly why I was wondering.
Last time I heard, Gimpyfish and SilentWolf were also in the PMBR. SUNG is also in there too.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Plus your whole V Brawl players opinion thing is BS, because how Ivysaur works in Brawl, could transfer into project M similarly, like I highly doubt her recovery has gotten better, and that her zone game is the same.
For the huge majority of the newcomers, this is false. I believe Diddy Kong and Squirtle are the two least altered newcomers (haven't kept up with the latter though), but pretty much everyone else has received at least one or two fundamental changes to them.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I play project M with JCaesar at our Tuesday night sessions, also dont be such a hipster dude, your attacking me personally instead of responding to my ideas, which by the way are based on Ivysaur being untouched, as I was told. So hold that, if you dont like the idea thats fine, but give me reasons, or a better idea for Ivysaur. Plus your whole V Brawl players opinion thing is BS, because how Ivysaur works in Brawl, could transfer into project M similarly, like I highly doubt her recovery has gotten better, and that her zone game is the same. So let me know exactly what I have to do to be in your little club where my opinion counts... By the way if you cant tell your comment was very off putting, do you want your community to grow?
? I was responding to darkm3tr01d, not you.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
To answer the question. Magus has a pretty large number of analytic processes he uses to objectively measure various aspects of gameplay, and how they compare with Melee. So by combining all these little benchmark tests, in the end we should get something exceptionally close if not identical to Melee. It really depends on if we can find the coding controlling certain aspects.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Sure, get to making them.

And figuring out how to magically have them not triple the size of the download.

Revven

FrankerZ
Gonna be streamin' nao: http://www.twitch.tv/falco400

Come and watch if you care. Dunno how long we'll be playing, but yeah.

Edit: We're done, played some other games after Smash. For some reason, the Smash stream didn't get saved, but that's okay because nothing amazing or interesting happened anyway. You can watch our Mario Party 2 recording though! Hilarious stuff ensues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom