• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

genkaku

the part where no one from the BR has confirmed her for demo 2, haha.
Also the part where half of them think she's OP.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
ph00tbag said:
Your name reminds me of that really badass vehicular combat game from the 90's, Vigilante 8.

I've felt this way for a while.
Lol, always happy to evoke badassery :p.

And yeah, once I brought a Dr. Mario texture to a tournament and we had hilarious bugs. I removes it since and made sure to always test my textures all the time. Although I got to say... People sometimes name textures for no reason whatsoever. it's mind-boggling.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I'm hyped for using new skins I organized and downloaded even though I can't even use a third of them in Demo 2!

:<
That's why I'm saving most of them for after the demo release, since I don't want to waste time skinning characters that I don't care about (unless they're in the demo). The exception is Wario, who has about 9 new skins that I set up a while back.

I'm probably gonna spend even more time with my stage textures and music than I do with the characters.

Make sure to test them out. If they renamed bones, it will mess up.
Usually I test edited-model skins ingame even if they're marked wifi-safe because I don't trust most of the people on BrawlVault.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Anytime i've "modded" a P:M stage I just make a copy of the one you guys made, then alter textures etc. Then I don't have bone and collision problems.

I'm sure most people here know rule #1 of modding, make a copy prior to making edits, so if you *** somthing up you can go back.

I dont even want to know how much space on my labtop is used for back-up files. :(

CORY

wut
BRoomer
if only there was one less. we could say there were only confirmed four.

ok, that was really bad... almost nonsensical.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Anytime i've "modded" a P:M stage I just make a copy of the one you guys made, then alter textures etc. Then I don't have bone and collision problems.

I'm sure most people here know rule #1 of modding, make a copy prior to making edits, so if you *** somthing up you can go back.

I dont even want to know how much space on my labtop is used for back-up files. :(
Yeah I know what you mean. Counting my Brawl dump and backups, my Brawl stuff takes up over 11GB of space on mine LOL.

Ecks

Smash Lord
At one point I had 2 dumps of my copy. One was edited (the one I use) and a normal one. It took too much space so I just decided that my disk wasn't going anywhere and deleted the normal one. Heh, I still have a copy of PM demo1 and bplus, as well as a backup of my sd card on my comp.

I need to get rid of some stuff...

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Remember that not-confirmed =/= won'tbeindemo2. It just means that no one from PMBR has given a CONFIRMATION on whether or not they will be in the roster for sure.

If anyone cares, this is what i predict that the demo2 roster will look like:

Fox
Falco
Jiggs
Sheik
Marth
Peach
Falcon
Samus
Ganon
Mario
Luigi
Pika
DK
Link
Zelda
GW
Yoshi
Bowser
Ness
Kirby
Snake
Lucario
Tink
Sonic
Ike
Lucas*
Charizard
Zamus*
Pit
ROB
Wolf
DDD
Wario

*= not sure

:p (This was all just for fun; Just my opinion on who I predict will be in demo2)

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
Remember that not-confirmed =/= won'tbeindemo2. It just means that no one from PMBR has given a CONFIRMATION on whether or not they will be in the roster for sure.

Fox
Falco
Jiggs
Sheik
Marth
Peach
Falcon
Samus
Ganon
Mario
Luigi
Pika
DK
Link
Zelda
GW
Yoshi
Bowser
Ness
Kirby
Snake
Lucario
Tink
Sonic
Ike
Lucas*
Charizard
Zamus*
Pit
ROB
Wolf
DDD
Wario

*= not sure

:p (This was all just for fun; Just my opinion on who I predict will be in demo2)
my list was pretty much the same. except for kirby considerably b/c of the neutralB scenario.

PS: I REALLY hope Yoshi makes it

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven

Not Metaknight.
Fixed.

10notMKs

Edit: Forgot about the ICs and Olimar, so basically everybody except those three.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
My prediction list is pretty much the same as well, except Kirby (for the same reason), and Samus is a "not sure" instead of Zamus.

G

genkaku

DDD is solid?
I haven't heard anything about him since waddle dee wombo combo except for 9k+1 posts, lol.

Starscream

Smash Ace
I don't see them putting in Zamus without Samus. I mean, we could just use a Smashball to get regular Samus, I don't think they'd want to put an unpolished Samus in if it's that easy to access.

Unless they've already thought of that and have a workaround.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
It wouldn't be hard to replace the smashball files with the files for something else.

...Like a cookie

(They already are useless for lucas & maybe lucario)

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I don't see them putting in Zamus without Samus. I mean, we could just use a Smashball to get regular Samus, I don't think they'd want to put an unpolished Samus in if it's that easy to access.

Unless they've already thought of that and have a workaround.
If Zamus is included, and we tried turning on the Smash Balls and using the Final Smash with her, then we'd probably just get vBrawl Samus under PM physics, assuming the edit for Samus isn't included. Ergo, there would be no want to access Samus anyway because 1. Samus would require a Smash Ball (an item, mind you) to access, and 2. It would probably be vBrawl Samus. Samus and Zamus aren't nearly as intertwined as Zelda and Sheik (characters who switch by down-special).

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
They can make it so geting the smash ball does nothing for ZSS and vice versa for smaus if they want to include just one of them. Just sayn. PSA magic right there

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Well, my point is that we shouldn't be playing with items anyway. That would work too lol.

The devs should consider giving Zamus the transformation. It seems fair to me since Samus has it via taunt.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
hey PMBR did yall see the Brawl- olimar change list
Olimar 2.X

Over the course of Brawl Minus, Olimar has seen many drafts. Small, buffed Pikmin, solo, and now meet the latest edition:

Lazy.

That's right. Your Pikmin will stay right where you put them. They won't follow you. You can call them back, but they'll all just stand right there.
So, what's the point of this? Well, you essentially have massive stage control. When Olimar command them to throw, smash, or grab, they'll do it from where they're standing,
I haven't tried this out yet but apparently its possible to have desynced pikmin.

White attacks will put a flower on the opponent's head, poisonous through and through.
I also like the idea of white pikmin puting that poison flower on the opponents head.

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
So are we gonna get a new character post soon? It's been a while. At this rate demo 2 won't be released until August >_>

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I doubt the character posts determine the release date... but yes where is that character post?

9Kplus1

Smash Master
The next character post will be in mid April. This time, you'll get to analyze any character in Demo 2, and create your own write-up using your own program! Impress your friends with above-average grammar and writing skills, as well as Project:M!

Seriously tho, stop asking. It's not as if asking about character analyses will get someone to write one up -- and Demo 2 will likely be out in a few weeks, anyway -- so just talk about something else for the time being. If you guys are really desperate, then just light this thread on fire, and wait for one of the devs to put it out with a character analysis page.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
The next character post will be in mid April. This time, you'll get to analyze any character in Demo 2, and create your own write-up using your own program! Impress your friends with above-average grammar and writing skills, as well as Project:M!

Seriously tho, stop asking. It's not as if asking about character analyses will get someone to write one up -- and Demo 2 will likely be out in a few weeks, anyway -- so just talk about something else for the time being. If you guys are really desperate, then just light this thread on fire, and wait for one of the devs to put it out with a character analysis page.
Not to discredit the P:M team, but would it really be that hard to get someone who could be in charge of publicity, character write ups, Q&A, and stuff of that nature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom