• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Not to discredit the P:M team, but would it really be that hard to get someone who could be in charge of publicity, character write ups, Q&A, and stuff of that nature?
We actually have made many writeups. We're just revising them so that they are accurate enough. I've done quite a bit of them and have helped edited BadGuy and Shadic's whom also contributed. Toaster also did some stuff. Don,t worry, ou won't wait until April for the next writeup, lol.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I dunno watching streams and judging from that alone is hard to tell. Only the devs and testers could actually say anything in that regard. But From what I have seen from the streams he looks pretty solid. Actually I was gonna ask 2 things about Pit. (Been working so much never really have time to post).

But what is his current up B supposed to be. Sorta hard to see what it is from the streams (well atleast for me anyways). It goes by pretty fast. Second watching some streams I see that pits >B is an instant glide now which is nice but what about when he's grounded. Does he become like flacon and land straight on his face or does he still retain the circular ring of damage + reflect? Just wondering. I do like what I have seen so far on him.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Second watching some streams I see that pits >B is an instant glide now which is nice but what about when he's grounded. Does he become like flacon and land straight on his face or does he still retain the circular ring of damage + reflect? Just wondering. I do like what I have seen so far on him.
Grounded side-b is still Instaglide. He'll hop up and glide upwards for a half second then he begins to fall like a normal glide. I think.

Starscream

Smash Ace
If Zamus is included, and we tried turning on the Smash Balls and using the Final Smash with her, then we'd probably just get vBrawl Samus under PM physics, assuming the edit for Samus isn't included. Ergo, there would be no want to access Samus anyway because 1. Samus would require a Smash Ball (an item, mind you) to access, and 2. It would probably be vBrawl Samus. Samus and Zamus aren't nearly as intertwined as Zelda and Sheik (characters who switch by down-special).
Well yeah, I get all of that, but it would still be pretty unpolished.

cmart

Smash Lord
Pit's upB is an upwards shield bash. Sort of like a shield-bash shoryuken, but the sweetspot is at the top rather than the beginning, IIRC.
Actually the sweetspot is at the beginning, as he's swinging his shield up. If performed from the ground the sweetspot just does more damage, if done from the air it also does a lot more kb (comparable to Fox's up air).
Grounded Wings of Icarus (side B glide) just has Pit go into a glide at ground level - the window at which you can begin controlling it isn't much different from aerial WoI.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I hear that all the characters and stages are already in the first demo, but they were purposely locked away so we would have to pay for them later. The PMBR is all kinds of evil!

Very salty about that...

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Ssssshhhhhhh! It's better that we wait and take the developing metagame by storm with Pit.

:phone:
I don't think you understand...I've been waiting my whole smashboards life to play pit in melee settings....the whole reason I joined this goddamn site is because a friend of mine who was in florida at the time said a smasher there hacked his we so that he could play like melee. I joined here to find out how he did it....what I got was the early stages of Brawl+ and I've been patiently waiting ever since.....I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE!!!!!! :mad:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Forget Pit, Kirby is what we really need in this demo. I'm very interested in what's going to/has been done with Kirby, since I know he was kind of bad in Melee. I have an idea of the changes I would make, so I'm curious as to how they match up with what's been done.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
lmao, if I was on the team, I'd deliberately NOT release him even if he was 100% complete after that outburst for the hilarity

metroid1117

Smash Master
I don't think you understand...I've been waiting my whole smashboards life to play pit in melee settings....the whole reason I joined this goddamn site is because a friend of mine who was in florida at the time said a smasher there hacked his we so that he could play like melee. I joined here to find out how he did it....what I got was the early stages of Brawl+ and I've been patiently waiting ever since.....I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE!!!!!! :mad:
I joined this site before Brawl, but I've been itching to play him in a more Melee setting than Brawl. In came Brawl+ and now PM is going fulfill my wishes entirely.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Forget Pit, Kirby is what we really need in this demo. I'm very interested in what's going to/has been done with Kirby, since I know he was kind of bad in Melee. I have an idea of the changes I would make, so I'm curious as to how they match up with what's been done.
Forget Pit, Kirby is what we really need in this demo. I'm very interested in what's going to/has been done with Kirby, since I know he was kind of bad in Melee.
I know he was kind of bad in Melee
kind of bad
L ol

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Not to discredit the P:M team, but would it really be that hard to get someone who could be in charge of publicity, character write ups, Q&A, and stuff of that nature?
I've been working on most of it, I've also been extremely busy the last few weeks (and was in a different state this entire weekend) so...

We'll try and make up for lost time on character reveals.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I think they are huge, as if they changed the size of the stage itself but left the long boundaries. It's like Dream Land now.

I actually noticed the change when I noticed that I could see the ledges better, but I couldn't remember why. Only after that did I also realize that the base itself was shorter.

...It is, right? Or is the lack of pillars making it look smaller when it actually hasn't changed? I'm not so sure anymore.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Will there be a stage legality list at some point?
Stagelists will be up to the Tournament Organizer as per usual. We try to make stages as balanced and competitively sound as possible, but where they fit is up to the TO's discretion.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
I'd say normal jab, up tilt, down smash especially. His dash attack also can be considered kenpo. He uses his entire body for these moves and they are continuous large, flowing movement. Body position in endlag also is similar to how you can end up after an attack in kenpo.
Sickness, wish I could see it, well he'll be in the demo anyways, too bad I had to stop taking kenpo, I got so far, now I'm probably just gonna take boxing, muy thai or BJJ

iLink

Smash Champion
I'm going to have a problem if this and skullgirls come out on the same day, let alone the same week.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Yes, DC is now viable on singles too. Though SOJ also helped out, so credits to him too. :p

The Falco has landed. I repeat, the Falco has landed

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386

leelue

Smash Lord
Luigi seemed pretty solid when I played him
But I really came out of hiding to comment on how sex that stage was.
EDIT: I'd much prefer a sober stream where actual playtesting gets shown so I can stop complaining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom